PDA

View Full Version : please help me

fretty freda
21-10-07, 22:49
hiya guys i have read some of your stories and i can say although everyone is different and we all have seperate problems i sympathise with you all because i have experienced panic attacks and depression on and off for the last 9 years.

at the moment i seem to have hit an all time low in my life ! the past 3 months have been the hardest ever.

I have low days were i struggle to talk with my family and boyfriend in normal conversations through lack of concentration somedays i manage to get out of bed and do a few jobs round the house with great effort and maby during the low days i can go to the shops as long (as i know i wont see anyone i know )these days are bad but the lower days are worse.........

on the even lower days i feel sick when i wake up i cant get out of bed and face the day i just sleep and sleep for as long as i can untill someone encourges me to get out of bed and i often feel dispondent guilty incapable stuck in a black hole i feel i will never get out of !
i constantly worry about EVERYTHING

but believe it or not before i hit rock bottom i was quite confident , happy and cheeky lass nothing scared me i was always outspoken and i was a little madam i was always the one to answer the boss back and moan to him if someone wasent happy about something or i felt unfairly treated or wanted a pay rise ! i worked full time up untill five weeks ago when i felt enough was enough and i couldnt stand another day of facing the world and putting a brave face on ....

SINCE BEING OFF WORK i feel like time has stood still i feel like my life is passing me bye , i feel angry at myself that i am not doing my job and angry that someone else is doing it for me i dont want them to take it but i cant do it i cant face the world the pressure and the stress , i constantly worry about returning to work (EVEN THE THOUGHT FILLS ME WITH FEAR) and IF I WILL EVER FEEL READY ?! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS AND RECOVERED BECAUSE I FEEL IT WILL NEVER END !

I AM RECIEVING CBT AND ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS BUT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS WHO KNOW BEST COZ YOU HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE THANKS ALOT HOPE TO HEAR YOUR REPLYS SOON XXXX

yorkylover
21-10-07, 22:56
:welcome: you will get lots of support here and friendly advise,we all understand how you are feeling.:hugs: :hugs:

Bill
21-10-07, 23:45
Hello gill,
I'd like to give you some hope! I've been where you are now but I Did get through it. I was under too much stress both at home and at work. I became very very low and did some things to myself I never thought I could. I took ad's too.

I was in such a low mood I could see no way out. There was no one I could turn to. In the end I saw a psychologist who helped me to lift my black cloud.

I started doing voluntary work which got me out of the house and me me feel better about myself. When I felt I was ready I started looking for a job I knew I'd enjoy and went for it. When I started work again I was worried it'd all come back but it didn't and I Really enjoyed myself.

Please don't think it lasts forever because with time and the right support, it is very much possible to come through it.

When we're so low I know how hard it is to do anything but give yourself a break to recharge yourself then take small steps by finding things you enjoy doing. I think you've simply been overloaded and you need to give yourself some time with the therapy.

You WILL get better as I did and in the mean time we're all here for you. :hugs: :winks:

fretty freda
22-10-07, 12:56
thankyou bill and ellen for your much needed support

Pink Panic
22-10-07, 13:45
Hi Gill,

I just read your post introducing yourself, , I'm new and must have missed it as I'm still getting used to the site. Welcome from me :)

I too know how you are feeling as Iv'e been there, done it and got the t-shirt and now i'm back there :weep:

We have to keep believing that we will get better even though sometimes that's very hard to do.
Keep your chin up hun.
If you need to chat anytime send me a PM.

Take Care
Pink
x

fretty freda
22-10-07, 13:56
thanks pink wish we had a magic wand take care talk soon :hugs:

Lindalou64
22-10-07, 15:25
HELLO GILL AND WELCOME TO THE SITE........LINDA

nanny
22-10-07, 15:44
:welcome:

Hi Gill
welcome to NMP, i'm sure you'll get lots of help, support and advice here.

honeybee3939
22-10-07, 17:13
Hi Gill

just wanted to welcome you to NMP also, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
22-10-07, 18:34
Gill

Your other thread was merged into this one

nomorepanic
22-10-07, 21:18
Hi Gill

Wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help to you.

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:25
Hi Gill,

Welcome to NMP. You will find a lot of stories regarding recovery and support throughout the site.

Hugs,

Laura