PDA

View Full Version : Mouth ulcer

shotta287
01-06-20, 12:18
Hi all hope you are doing well in these uncertain times.

I’ve had a mouth ulcer for a week now on my lower lip area close to my canine tooth. It doesn’t hurt as much but it’s still there and white in colour. I don’t get them often at all and I don’t think I’ve had one last this long.

I’ve been using Corsodyl mouthwash past few days and doing salt water rinses but doesn’t seem to have helped.

I’m thinking that I can’t even go to my dentist as they are closed! Has anyone had mouth ulcers last this long?

Oh and I’m 26, never smoked or drunk alcohol.

Charlie1108
01-06-20, 14:15
Ulcers can last up to 2 weeks in my experience. The ones on the hard part of your gum are the worst. I suffer quite regularly with them. I'm sure it'll heal soon. Probably doesn't help that it's being knocked by your toothbrush if it's close to your tooth.

shotta287
02-06-20, 11:07
Thanks yeah I think it’s because I keep catching it on my tooth and food.

It’s not hurting as much now but the white ulcer thing is still there. How long does it take to go?

pav1984
02-06-20, 21:19
If it lasts 3 weeks ring your dentist. I have had one on the gum below my front teeth for about 5 weeks. Dentist asked to see photo and said nowt to worry about and ulcers in this area can take a while to heal.