PDA

View Full Version : health phobia?

rish1818
22-10-07, 04:34
Does anyone else have an obssessive fear that there is something wrong about their health? As mentioned earlier, I have had about 4 EKG's done, 1 2-D Echo of my heart done, a lot of blood tests which indicate that everything is normal. But i cannot seem to shake off the concern that there is something very wrong with my health and I experience feelings of dizziness, chest pains etc. This happens even when I am not undergoing a "panic atack". All of these feelings persist for a while. Sometimes for a few hours. I dont know what I am going through. Would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me if you go through similar things. I.e. an obsessive feeling that something is wrong with my health and spells of dizziness, choking, and chest pains.

rish1818
22-10-07, 04:42
and in addition i also put my hand on my chest where my heart is to reassure myself that it is beating normally sorry to keep posting but im really messed up

decker6869
22-10-07, 08:11
Don't feel alone bud. I too have a crazy health phobia about my heart.. had ecg's and all that. blood work comes back "perfect" and what not. but i keep pulse checking and i keep my left hand over my heart a lot out of habit now. I am trying to slowly break the cycle of fear that i cause myself and what not but i have a feeling its going to be a slow battle. Hope it helps give you some comfort to know your not alone in the health phobia lineup!