PDA

View Full Version : Yellow stool and upper stomach cramps. Freaking out!!

always scared
02-06-20, 21:12
Once again I am freaking out. I have yellowish stool/diarrhea with pain in the middle of my stomach above my belly button and below my sternum . it's not really pain but a cramping feeling. I also have alot gas rumbling all over my stomach. Really loud at times. So scared again of liver/pancreas cancer .

always scared
02-06-20, 22:29
Just been googling yellow stool. It's so confusing. One says yellow stool is normal than the next page it says it's not normal and it could be your liver but most likely you pancreas and you're dying. F%@# why can't this just go away. I hate living like this. For weeks now I've been having awful digestive symptoms. I going through perimenopause and my hermones are all over the place. With periods coming and going with no rhyme or reason.

pav1984
02-06-20, 23:22
Sounds like you have a bit of a dicky tummy to be honest. Try to relax, as panicking will make it worse

pav1984
02-06-20, 23:25
Logically thinking if you are anxious then frequent bowel movements are common. They dont have time to get to a normal colour. If you are worried you could call the doc but dont be surprised if they say it is anxiety

WiseMonkey
03-06-20, 01:31
The reason why the bowel movements are yellow is because they are traveling though your body quickly so food is not being broken down sufficiently. Anxiety can cause this and it's also common among those with IBS. You can have Liver/pancreas enzyme tests to determine if there is anything wrong here.

always scared
03-06-20, 18:09
I feel like this is it for me. With all the abdominal pains I'm getting there has to be cancer in there somewhere. All my symptoms point to awful things. Pancreas being the worse. My pains are all over today. I feel them mostly in my bellybutton area the most. But I also have them on both sides of my upper stomach just by my ribs. They come in waves through out the day. I could go hours feeling ok . I truly feel this is it for me. I'm so scared I wont be around to see the birth of my first grandchild. My kids keep asking me whats wrong and I just lie to them saying nothing is wrong but inside I'm dying and scared. I didn't think I was going die so early. I swear the minute I turned 50 My body just gave up

BlueIris
03-06-20, 18:12
Why are you ignoring all the helpful responses above you?

always scared
03-06-20, 18:17
I'm not ignoring them.

BlueIris
03-06-20, 18:27
You certainly haven't responded to any of them.

WiseMonkey
04-06-20, 02:37
The reason why the bowel movements are yellow is because they are traveling though your body quickly so food is not being broken down sufficiently. Anxiety can cause this and it's also common among those with IBS. You can have Liver/pancreas enzyme tests to determine if there is anything wrong here.

Just to add to the above, you could also ask for an ultrasound or MRI. They are both accessible quickly if you have medical insurance.

always scared
04-06-20, 18:25
Thanks for the replies. I now woke up with mid back pain and left sided stomach pain. If you remember me from other posts I am deathly afraid of tests . I will probably die in bed without ever knowing what cancer finally got me in the end. But its really looking like pancreas, colon or stomach.

always scared
04-06-20, 18:45
Does anyone have symptoms as mine that turned out not to be cancer? mid back pain, stomach pains kinda all over but not all at once. Stabbing on my left side under ribs. Fullness in upper abdomen. Cramping pain in middle of stomach by my belly button and Diarrhea. The yellow poop i think might have been from all the tums I took the day before.

always scared
04-06-20, 19:23
Mid back pain and upper abdominal pain = Google says Pancreas CANCER!!!

Nicole0134
04-06-20, 19:33
Google ALWAYS says everything is cancer! I've had upper stomach pain on and off for a while. I assume it's another delightful symptom of anxiety. You may well be holding yourself differently as well causing muscular pain in the back. But if you are worried, you need to see a doctor. But maybe give it a week to see if things settle?

NotDeadYet
04-06-20, 19:53
Does anyone have symptoms as mine that turned out not to be cancer? mid back pain, stomach pains kinda all over but not all at once. Stabbing on my left side under ribs. Fullness in upper abdomen. Cramping pain in middle of stomach by my belly button and Diarrhea. The yellow poop i think might have been from all the tums I took the day before.

I'm only replying to provide you with language that you can use to challenge your faulty thinking. The answer to your question is yes. I had this and it was not cancer.

So the next time you have the thought of "but its really looking like pancreas, colon or stomach" stop yourself and say, "or it could be a number of other things that I'm completely unaware of because I'm not a doctor."

Best Wishes

always scared
04-06-20, 20:06
Thanks NotDeadYet
But I've tried that and it never works for me. I will always only see the worst case. I keep trying to tell myself that I've had some of these symptoms before and they went away. One year ago almost to the day I was also worried about it. Last year i only had the mid back pain on the left side BUT this time it came back with more symptoms!! So if it's been happening since last summer and has been untreated I'm to far gone for help

NotDeadYet
04-06-20, 21:47
But I've tried that and it never works for me.

Have you consistently practiced over and over and over again? Have you told yourself, even promised yourself, not to Google, not to ruminate, not to get on NMP for reassurance and then stuck with it? Have you created an emergency plan of what you'll do when you're feeling the overwhelming urge to Google, ruminate or come on to NMP? Have you set daily, hourly, or even minute by minute goals to challenge your thinking?

If you haven't made that sort of commitment then OF COURSE it isn't going to work. Health anxiety is not overcome with one day's worth of practice or one therapy appointment or one word of reassurance from any of us on here. It takes daily, weekly, monthly and yearly effort. I have determined that health anxiety is my companion for the rest of my life. I can either hate that companion or I can create a relationship with it that allows me to live my life. I have chosen the latter and I'm able to live with my anxiety.

Now, I fully understand and realize that sometimes this is too much. Making the determination to proceed with this rigorous practice may simply be too difficult and out of reach. In those instances, it is so critically important to work with your GP to find a medication that will allow you to get into a good enough head space to be able to put these things into practice.

I've followed you for quite some time on here and I really want what's best for you but I nor anyone else can change you and we will certainly never provide enough reassurance. You have the power to change.

I hope your husband is doing well.

Best Wishes

WiseMonkey
04-06-20, 22:09
Thanks NotDeadYet
But I've tried that and it never works for me. I will always only see the worst case. I keep trying to tell myself that I've had some of these symptoms before and they went away. One year ago almost to the day I was also worried about it. Last year i only had the mid back pain on the left side BUT this time it came back with more symptoms!! So if it's been happening since last summer and has been untreated I'm to far gone for help

So why are you telling us about it here when you won't go to the Dr (or take anyone's advice on here?) You're in victim mode here

always scared
04-06-20, 22:48
So why are you telling us about it here when you won't go to the Dr (or take anyone's advice on here?) You're in victim mode here

I come on here to see if anyone else is going through the same thing and hopfully get some reassurance. The reassurance helps me cope a little bit. I do take the advice given but not about going to see the doctors :wacko::weep: My doctor knows my fears about going to see her for tests. That is why I'm on Lexapro and klonopin. They were helping for a bit but i'm back to constant fear again. Any new symptoms sends me into a tailspin of terror

WiseMonkey
05-06-20, 02:05
Then maybe a check/review your meds with your Dr would help. Klonopin (Clonazepam) is a valium and your body can build up a tolerance to it.

always scared
06-06-20, 15:42
This is not good. I woke up with new pains I've NEVER had before. It started with sharp stabbing pains in the middle of my chest by my breast bone and now across the top of my abdomen feels weird ,hard, painful like there is something hard in there. The pains comes and goes. I'm really scared now with these new symtoms. I can't pretended it's just acid reflux or indigestion anymore. This must be somthing really bad.

BlueIris
06-06-20, 15:58
Stop telling yourself you have something awful, you're just reinforcing your fears.

always scared
06-06-20, 16:21
I'm truly not trying to. But I can't ignore pain that's different . I don't believe my mind is creating this pain. I don't know why my brain thinks all pain is cancer . Pain is never good and it's sad but I really think I'm going to die soon. I'm at the age now that all these cancers start. I can't play my youth card anymore :weep:

BlueIris
06-06-20, 16:30
There's not really that much point in posting on an anxiety board, then. We can help you wrangle your fears if your mind is open, but terminal diseases? Not so much.

I have a ton of assorted aches and pains, but they're because I'm lazy and stressed out. You need to work on your faulty thinking patterns, but nobody can help you if you refuse to acknowledge them.