PDA

View Full Version : Don't give a shit about covid

lebonvin
04-06-20, 10:57
Howdy folks I been off radar coz don't got time for forum actually that ain't true don't got no dosh to buy fin credit had to borrow one offa a buddy to write this

had da virus 6 weeks and still got fever but given up caring about it.

was downtown 3 days doing some protesting (and looting - how else can folk line me survive). Got a baton on the head and rubber bullet in the chest the night before

folk like me don't got nothi g to lose and some of us got guns

if Trump don't stand down then yeah we got civil war

I suspect this is last you'll ever hear of me so don't bother to reply it's been nice knowing yous

Carnation
04-06-20, 11:28
I'm replying x
You are tough with a gentle heart inside.
6 weeks passed and you over the worst.
Wish I could say the same about the riots.
I hope life gets better for you x

ankietyjoe
04-06-20, 12:22
Howdy folks I been off radar coz don't got time for forum actually that ain't true don't got no dosh to buy fin credit had to borrow one offa a buddy to write this

was downtown 3 days doing some protesting (and looting - how else can folk line me survive). Got a baton on the head and rubber bullet in the chest the night before

I suspect this is last you'll ever hear of me so don't bother to reply it's been nice knowing yous

I don't always agree with what you say, but I can't argue with the way you feel about the disgraceful sh1t that is America right now.

I hope you do survive. I hope your country does what it needs to do and ends this properly.

FrankT
04-06-20, 14:24
No, this will not end peacefully at all. It may lead to Armageddon.

Lencoboy
04-06-20, 14:52
No, this will not end peacefully at all. It may lead to Armageddon.

I don't mean to come across as rude/dismissive, but this sounds a bit OTT and over-dramatic IMO.

And for the most part (in the Western world at least) we can still vote in elections, etc.

Pamplemousse
04-06-20, 15:04
I don't mean to come across as rude/dismissive, but this sounds a bit OTT and over-dramatic IMO.

And for the most part (in the Western world at least) we can still vote in elections, etc.

Oh, I dunno. If Trump loses (especially by a narrow margin) he won't accept the result, just like he didn't accept that Clinton actually won in the popular vote back in 2016. What you're seeing now is the dress run.

FrankT
04-06-20, 15:24
Oh, I dunno. If Trump loses (especially by a narrow margin) he won't accept the result, just like he didn't accept that Clinton actually won in the popular vote back in 2016. What you're seeing now is the dress run.

And that'll never happen, considering he's probably rigged it to his favour.

Lencoboy
04-06-20, 15:33

Well, that's where he would be wrong then.

I don't mean to generalise here, but I think another potential issue is that quite a few people seem to be increasingly (and in a lot of ways, understandably) blase about politics in general (on both sides of the Atlantic), and simply appear to have given up voting completely over the past decade or so, and tend to fixate on 'singular' issues, in particular those affecting individual politicians within opposition parties, rather than the bigger picture.

But who knows, perhaps the political pendulum could start swinging back in the opposite direction from now on, especially as current events have proved to be a big wake-up call for many the world over, especially those who have been complacent with their heads buried in the sand over more recent years.

ankietyjoe
04-06-20, 16:10
Maybe we should focus on the desperate state the OP is in rather than amateur political hour or repeated doom-mongering.

Dude actually has something to worry about, happening to him right now.

Lencoboy
04-06-20, 16:23
Maybe we should focus on the desperate state the OP is in rather than amateur political hour or repeated doom-mongering.

Dude actually has something to worry about, happening to him right now.

I agree entirely, even though it's dead easy for many of us to get carried away with politics and the like which I shall cease immediately.

And I agree we should all try to lay off the doom-mongering (e.g, predictions of Armageddon) as well.

FrankT
04-06-20, 18:08
Oh, indeed! It's something we all have to deal with. It's hugely demoralising.

AntsyVee
04-06-20, 18:17
Take care of yourself, Charlie.

fishman65
04-06-20, 20:42

I suspect this is last you'll ever hear of me so don't bother to reply it's been nice knowing yousI did wonder where you were lebonvin. As Carnation says, six weeks suggests you're past the worst unless I'm reading the stats incorrectly. Its hardly surprising you're having protests/riots over there, I saw the video of that poor guy on youtube. It was horrific. Look after yourself.

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-20, 21:11
I hope you stay safe, Charlie. Things will get better and you've fought past plenty of things in your life so this won't stop you. :hugs:

Fishmanpa
04-06-20, 23:12
Just a thought. I mentioned in another thread that the social upheaval in the US and the protests will lead to pockets of the virus spreading. Being that you claim to have been dealing with the virus, you're putting others in harms way. While I'm 100% in favor of the marches and protests, its that fact that prevents me from participating. Just something to consider.

Positive thoughts

Lencoboy
07-06-20, 11:32
Those BLM protests haven't only been happening in the USA and UK, they have also spread to other parts of the world including mainland Europe and Australia. Kind of ironic considering BAME persons are deemed more at risk from the virus.

I'm also kind of surprised that this weekend's protests in Central London haven't (as yet) been hijacked by the EDL/Britain First camp, nor (conversely) the ISIS/Al-Queda camp, which probably might have happened a few years back. And the press hardly ever seems to talk about the former anymore.

And, likewise, I wonder if there is a Disabled Lives Matter (DLM) movement. Not that I intend to start or join one, but I am just curious, especially as persons with disabilities (of all 'races') have often been treated with very similar contempt by the 'system' the world over as BAME persons, but often gets overlooked compared to systemic racism (which I am not denying is despicable). A notable example being Winterbourne View near Bristol in the late 2000s and very early 2010s.

Panicattacka
07-06-20, 12:18
Any looter comes my way, he's getting shot.

BlueIris
07-06-20, 12:21
Stay classy, Panicattacka. Good to know you value your property over the lives of others.

Panicattacka
07-06-20, 12:47
Stay classy, Panicattacka. Good to know you value your property over the lives of others.

Fortunately I live in a classy country that values the rule of law, respect for others property, and the police. Enjoy your mobs and anarchy.

BlueIris
07-06-20, 13:03
Fortunately I live in a classy country that values the rule of law, respect for others property, and the police. Enjoy your mobs and anarchy.

Fortunately I live in a country that values human life over material goods.

Lencoboy
07-06-20, 13:30

Exactly, Blue Iris.

And what would the 'low life' fraternity of this country really achieve in the long run from pilfering 'material goods' such as TV sets, trainers, etc, ram-raiding and burning down buildings, and going on shooting/stabbing rampages and the like over an incident (while despicable) that happened in the USA?

A conviction and possible catching (and spreading even further) COVID-19.

Plus I really cannot stand the gloaters and those who constantly label the UK as the 'laughing stock of the world' during all of this!!

Panicattacka
07-06-20, 13:32

The rule of law, respect for private property and the legal system of due process of law are the values that built western civilization, without them you will not have respect for human life. You will have political diktat, camps, and mobs. Your choice.

Lencoboy
07-06-20, 13:37
The rule of law, respect for private property and the legal system of due process of law are the values that built western civilization, without them you will not have respect for human life. You will have political diktat, camps, and mobs. Your choice.

But so far it's only just a tiny faction of baying mobs infiltrating the demos in Central London with their own hidden agendas, and not out-and-out 'civil war' on the streets of Britain. And unlike certain other countries of the world, we aren't routinely 'trigger-happy' here either.

ankietyjoe
07-06-20, 16:03
Once again people satisfying their own putrid ego's in one of the very few threads where somebody has genuine, serious, immediate problems.

Some of you really are scumbags.

BlueIris
07-06-20, 16:11
Sorry, Joe, you're right, I shouldn't have bitten.

FrankT
07-06-20, 17:02
Once again people satisfying their own putrid ego's in one of the very few threads where somebody has genuine, serious, immediate problems.

I'll say! Punks!

Lencoboy
07-06-20, 17:03

I personally find that uncalled for, as I am merely voicing my own opinion.

And I DO have 100% sympathy for the concerns of the OP, but at the same time, I don't recommend people threatening others with guns.

FrankT
07-06-20, 20:19
Plus I really cannot stand the gloaters and those who constantly label the UK as the 'laughing stock of the world' during all of this!!

But that's what we are!

Scass
07-06-20, 20:40
Charlie, I was wondering where you were.
I hope you stay safe and check back in again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lencoboy
08-06-20, 11:42
But that's what we are!

Well I suggest you look to somewhere like the Middle East then, where they forever seem to be setting bombs off.

FrankT
08-06-20, 15:47
Well I suggest you look to somewhere like the Middle East then, where they forever seem to be setting bombs off.

That's something we started, though.

Lencoboy
08-06-20, 16:58
That's something we started, though.

Not quite true, they were already killing each other long before the first Iraq war nearly 30 years ago.

And it wasn't just us involved either. Rightly or wrongly, we were roped into the conflicts mostly in order to appease our 'allies' across the Atlantic.