PDA

View Full Version : Female problem...going a bit crazy.

PaulaRubyLove
22-10-07, 11:34
Ahhhh! I'd been doing really well in moving towards recovering, but then my Grandma died and my Grandpa is sick and I'm just really STRESSED again.

Now tonight, I had some spotting...my period ended like 4 days ago. There's no chance I could be pregnant or have an STD, but I'm still freaking out now thinking I may have some kind of illness that could kill me or make me unable to have babies someday and I don't know how to calm down.

I know I shouldn't rush to the Doctor...this happened once before, about 6 months ago and she said because it didn't happen all the time, not to worry. But now it happened again. I'm scared.
Anyone have any advice?

kate H
22-10-07, 12:06
Hi Paula,

Unfortunately spotting is a sign of stress, i came on 4 days earlier than i should of 2 weeks ago, i am on the pill and was taking my last weeks worth and i just came on for no reason? Its just your bodies natural way of dealing with it. Try not to worry about it just let nature takes its course.

nanny
22-10-07, 12:35
paula
please try not to worry about the spotting, this is very common and there really isn't any concern at all.

perhaps if you read something on womans periods it will put your mind at ease.

This anxiety kicks in all the time doesn't it, and doesn't give us a moments peace of mind!!"!

:hugs: :hugs:

PaulaRubyLove
23-10-07, 00:07

Juliet
25-10-07, 20:34
Hi There,
It Could Be A Small Erosion On Your Cervix That Is Causing The Spotting.its Like A Small Blister That Can Bleed Occasionally,especially After Intercourse.it Is Absolutly Nothing To Worry About,but You Should See Your Gp Anyway,if Not Just To Put Your Mind At Rest.

Hope That Helps. Xx

PaulaRubyLove
31-12-07, 07:27
I'm extra stressed right now, because I'm going on a trip next week. So I went to the Doctors for a checkup.
I mentioned this and she did an examination, said everything looks normal (dang, it hurt though, so she didn't take a test!) She want me to have an ultrasound though, "as a precaution." She said she's 99% sure it's just a hormonal thing, but now I'm really freaking out again!!!! Hellllllp!

Dying_Swan
31-12-07, 09:48
Hello :)

Please try not to worry....it sounds to me as though your doctor is just being very thorough, probably because she knows how anxious you are. Like others have said, spotting is very common and very rarely is it a sign that there's something wrong.

I think it's really good she's sending you for an ultrasound as that should detect any problems. It could just be something simple like a cyst etc, but is probably just stress :hugs:

Take care xxx :flowers:

PaulaRubyLove
01-01-08, 02:07
Thanks, I'm trying not to worry, and to just get the tests done as soon as I can, before we go away.
Happy New Year :)

PaulaRubyLove
03-01-08, 09:34
I had the Ultrasound today....I have a cyst on my left ovary :S Which I am very not happy about. But the Doctor thinks that didn't cause the spotting anyway.
She said I shouldn't worry (easier said than done!!!!) and I have to wait 6 weeks (how will I survive that???), have another ultrasound, and if it's still there I have to have surgery to remove it (I am terrified of surgery...) She also said it's highly unlikely, like one in a million chance of it being cancerous, but it's still scaring the &*$@ out of me!