PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

panicstricken
08-06-20, 07:56
Hi everyone just a quick question. Can anxiety levels cause your reactions to be slower, and u to have sudden and frequent bursts of palpatations and dizziness. I know it can cause palpatations but the dizziness is frequent, short and horrible. Sometimes it's the room will spin others I'll feel faint. I can be led down or standing and doesn't seem to be affected by anything in particular.

Thanks guys like I said not really panicking about it but just wondering if this is a new symptom xx

Also has anyone got any tips as to how I can over come the dizziness it's quite disconcerting xx

ankietyjoe
08-06-20, 12:24
Yes, it's all easily caused by anxiety and is common.

Both the slow reaction times and dizziness are caused directly by muscle tension. You might find if you look straight up and straight down again that it causes the room to spin, or you may not.

The solution is actually to try and find the way that works for you that causes you to relax and calm down. For me it was meditation (very effective for anxiety overall as a bonus), some people like Yoga, in fact any kind of light exercise it beneficial. Deep breathing exercises are good too.

You need to try and disconnect the sensation from your panic. They're just sensations, they're not dangerous. That's easier said than done of course, but that doesn't change the fact that reacting to benign symptoms can only make things worse in the long run. Before anxiety a headache was a headache, now it's OBVIOUSLY a brain tumour. It's that kind of thinking you need to learn to move away from.

panicstricken
08-06-20, 18:18
Thankyou anxietyjoe for your response. I have been extremely anxious of late but this symptom is new to me.

It is very good to know that I can chalk it up to anxiety another thing I can learn to brush off now. Tbh I am so relieved xxxxx i will keep.working on my anxiety secure that this is nothing to worry about xx many thanks xxxx