PDA

View Full Version : Ferry!!!!!!!Scarey!!!!!!!!!!!

yorkylover
22-10-07, 14:55
Hello all you wonderfull people,I need a little advise.:wacko:
Last summer I was going to the Isle of wight with my partner and my mum and as I reached the ferry port I had a major PA.So bad that I had to be taken home and the doctor was called out and I was given valium.It took me a long time to recover.
The strange thing is I have been on to different ferry's in Devon and they havent bothered me at all.But this day I think I just go so excited and the old adrenaline took over.
I live by the solent so it only a quick crossing,I really want to go and havent been there since I was tiny.(many many years ago):blush: My partner has mentioned this weekend that we should try again,look at it as a goal.It wont be yet,but Im already worrying,how do I overcome the negative thoughts that its going to happen again.My main worry is panicking on the ferry and not being able to get off.Plus I hate the water:weep:
http://www.islandbreaks.co.uk/xsdbimgs/ilwightlinkferryth.jpg (http://www.islandbreaks.co.uk/dbimgs/ilwightlinkferry.jpg)Scarey!!!!!!!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:

kazzie
22-10-07, 18:20
Hi Ellen:D

Dunno where you usually go from but the Lymington to Yarmouth crossing is really quick:yesyes:

Dont know if you are planning a day or a weekend but if its just a day the Pompey to Ryde hovercraft only takes 10 mins:yesyes:

Whatever you do I always find watching the view helps!!!

You can do it......look forward to reading how much fun you had:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

yorkylover
22-10-07, 23:57
Hey Kazz,I will be going from Portsmouth.I went on the hover craft when I was small and hated it.Saw all the life jackets and it put me off.We will go for a day with the car.Im glad that day we went we were not going for a week with the caravan,what a disaster that would have been.:wacko: :wacko:

lesleyB
23-10-07, 16:12
Hi Ellen, I had a dizzy spell driving on the motorway once and could not drive alone for weeks would take the pretty route each time.I had a friend who helped me get my confidence back by sitting beside me and we drove up the M40, guess what I didn't get dizzy and can now drive on my own again. Do what you husband suggested and look on it as a goal to work towards, do some deep breathing and give it a go I'm sure you can do it.
Good luck
Lesleyb:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: