PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen a Psychiatrist?

AuroraEllaBelle
09-06-20, 22:33
Hi to you all 😊
Has anyone ever seen a psychiatrist for their anxiety/panic? Is this easy to do (for people in the UK) via the NHS?
Thank you 😊

Phill2
10-06-20, 01:25
Dunno about the UK but I saw one here in Oz and I reckon he was crazier than me.

SnowyGreen
10-06-20, 05:16
lol I saw one in Oz too, and he was useless. When I told him I get bad anxiety symptoms when going outside, he said "look at the trees", and I waited for him to go on, but that was it hahahah.. gave me a good laugh.

WiseMonkey
10-06-20, 10:53
Dunno about the UK but I saw one here in Oz and I reckon he was crazier than me.

Many of them go into the profession in an effort to heal themselves!

Lolalee1
10-06-20, 10:53
Lol.Mine was great he was crazier than me too,he also was covered in Tatts and a member of the Vietnam Vets motorcycle group we spoke more about bikes than my mental health issues in the beginning.

Phill2
11-06-20, 01:00
I had a GP who was a sufferer of both depression and anxiety.
She was great cause she understood exactly how I was feeling unlike other non sufferers who learn it all from a book.
She actually had her release papers from a psych hospital on the wall next to her Drs certificate.

Piano
19-07-20, 15:55
I had a GP who was a sufferer of both depression and anxiety.
She was great cause she understood exactly how I was feeling unlike other non sufferers who learn it all from a book.
She actually had her release papers from a psych hospital on the wall next to her Drs certificate.

Wow that is so encouraging [emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
08-08-20, 20:33
You're unlikely to get to see a psychiatrist on the NHS unless you have a serious mental health issue. A psychiatrist is like a boss level psychotherapist, and is the only one available to prescribe certain medications.

You're more likely to have antidepressants pushed on you, or hopefully a course of CBT.