PDA

View Full Version : Spiralling

scaredpt
10-06-20, 17:14
I get a burning in my chest, chest pain, tightness and sometimes like I can’t get a deep breath.

scaredpt
12-06-20, 16:21
I’m worried that I have a blood clot or something and I keep feeling like my leg hurts. Not sure if I’m just imagining it.

Sar89
13-06-20, 12:46
I am 30 years old. I have been a member of this forum since 23 and have wrote many, many posts about having a dvt. I have ran the gauntlet of nhs tests over this issue several times I have turned it into a p.e (in my head) I have travelled really long haul and worried about it my entire holiday (several times) because my calf hurt... largely due to the extra walking I do abroad. Not once as of yet have I had a clot. There are a million reasons your leg can hurt one of them is it just does for no reason. If it’s not red/swollen or hot it isn’t a clot.

scaredpt
14-06-20, 14:08
Oh that’s actually helpful! Just realized I did get new shoes and have been doing a lot more walking!

scaredpt
14-06-20, 19:24
Please help everyone

Fishmanpa
14-06-20, 19:27
Just realized I did get new shoes and have been doing a lot more walking!

Please help everyone

With what? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
14-06-20, 19:27
Please help everyone

What with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scaredpt
14-06-20, 19:30
My whole calf feels tight and hurts when I walk. Really worried it’s a clot.

Fishmanpa
14-06-20, 20:01

Just realized I did get new shoes and have been doing a lot more walking!

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
14-06-20, 20:37

You have the cause and effect, you’ve been walking more and your leg hurts. There have been times after roller derby my thighs/calf’s, usually on one side more than the other are so tight and painful that I can’t sit down on the toilet without lowering myself on my arms - it’s a sight to behold that my husband finds most amusing! usually it starts about two days after the session with less pain the first day after. Muscle aches after exercise can be super uncomfortable and painful, but harmless. Just because something hurts doesn’t mean it’s something that’s seriously wrong, it’s going to hurt far more the more you focus on it too.

Have you tried a nice warm bath and massaging the sore area? It helps a little sometimes but truthfully the only thing for it is time. You would really know about it if something were wrong.

scaredpt
16-06-20, 23:14
My arm just started having joint aches and I’m kind of freaking out because I heard that could be a first symptom of the virus.

I also am worried it could be arm cancer since I looked it up and arm ache is a symptom

wubu
16-06-20, 23:38
I think you'd feel more flu like than just aches. Joint aches can be caused by all sorts of perfectly normal things. And yes I've also had join aches for some reason at one time or another 👍

scaredpt
16-06-20, 23:44
What about bone cancer of the arm?

SnowyGreen
17-06-20, 03:53
I get them all the time

BlueIris
17-06-20, 04:43
Yep, random aches and pains pretty much all the time here, too. Start working on your anxiety.

Midnight-mouse
17-06-20, 07:25
I don’t think I recall a time in my life where I haven’t had random aches, either from growing or just from being alive! Perfectly normal, it would become far more apparent if it were anything sinister, but just because something is uncomfortable doesn’t mean it’s dangerous.

Elen
17-06-20, 13:00
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

scaredpt
17-06-20, 13:21
This question is about joint pains, it’s a weird type of pain

BlueIris
17-06-20, 13:26
All your questions are about health anxiety, though.

scaredpt
17-06-20, 14:21
I’m just really worried because it is just in one arm. Wondering if it could be bone cancer

scaredpt
17-06-20, 16:04
Please help me. Just looked up bone cancer and it says it happens in people my age.

BlueIris
17-06-20, 16:35
You need to learn to help yourself.

scaredpt
17-06-20, 18:20
How? I feel a bit attacked and I am asking for help

BlueIris
17-06-20, 18:22
You need to train yourself so that everyday body sensations don't cause panic. It's something I've had to do myself.

NotDeadYet
17-06-20, 18:56
How? I feel a bit attacked and I am asking for help

Scaredpt
How do you want help from us? What does that look like to you?

Best Wishes

scaredpt
17-06-20, 18:58
Help to calm down and strategies

NotDeadYet
17-06-20, 19:14
Scaredpt

Excellent. I can provide you with some help from my own experience. This is taken from a post I did a few weeks ago.

There have been a few behaviors that have been critical to my progress:
1) Understanding my thought patterns. Understanding that thoughts are just thoughts has been critical. A book I recommend is "The Happiness Trap" by Russ Harris. This book was life changing for me. It teaches how our thinking is faulty and how we need to "diffuse" from our thoughts. It then provides real world strategies that you can practice, while reading the book, to help create a different relationship with your thoughts and begin living according to your core values.
2) Practice! Practice! Practice! Overcoming HA is not going happen once, twice, or even three times. It doesn't happen with several therapy sessions and then you're better. It requires daily practice. This is hard but so worth it.
3) Loving yourself. Because overcoming HA requires practice, you have to develop a loving relationship with yourself because you will, without a doubt, mess up and spiral again. Messing up is OK. Messing up and not trying to get better is not OK. For me, when I find giving too much meaning to my thoughts and falling back into my old patters, I recognize the behavior, stop the behavior, and make plans to get up and practice again.

Best Wishes