PDA

View Full Version : Strangulated hernia or just bowel problems. Low left stomach pains

Deepseathree
11-06-20, 01:57
For the past three days I’ve had pain in my lower left abdominal area. Accompanied with trouble passing gas and trouble having bowel movements. It feels like a lot of gas built up in the area. When I lay down and press around the area it gives me the feeling of needing to pass gas me sometimes I do. I still have bowel movements but they feel incomplete.

Reason I jump to strangulated hernia is because I’ve had inconclusive results about having a hernia from an ultrasound. I’ve seen a surgeon who examined me and he didn’t think I had one, but would need a scan to be fully sure. I’ve recently started exercising heavier and biking more and was worried it may have strangulated if it was a hernia.

I recently started taking fish oil and have increased dosage on that and didn’t know if that was the cause. I stopped taken it today. Just looking for some insight.

venusbluejeans
11-06-20, 10:25
If you had a strangulated hernia for 3 days then you would be either very very very poorly..... or dead

Sorry to be so blunt

Pamplemousse
11-06-20, 11:10
As someone who indirectly lost his wife to an incarcerated hernia, and knowing others who have also been through this, you would also be in an immense amount of pain as well as what the poster above said.