PDA

View Full Version : contribute

purplehaze
22-10-07, 15:51
I would like to know how many people that use this site make a donation to keep the site up and running.

kate
22-10-07, 16:34
What a strange question!!

I personally a. Don't see the point in the poll and b. Don't see what it has got to do with anyone else whether I have contributed or not!

Kate

Pink Panic
22-10-07, 17:56
I agree with Kate on both points.

I would also like to add that I feel it's the place of one of the Admins or NoMorePanic to ask this question (if indeed it's a valid point) and not one of the Members!!

Pink.

Lindalou64
22-10-07, 18:14
its good to make contributions but some people dont have the money to do so.......its good also to give contributions to your hometown old clothes and ect.maybe even some of your time,just to say hello to someone who is worse off than you and put a smile on someones face. giving some of your time......linda

trac67
22-10-07, 18:21
Contributions to the forum can be made in all forms, supporting others, replying to posts, posting about things they have achieved to give others hope, purchasing a NMP teddy, so I agree with Kate, I am not too sure as to the point of this thread :wacko:

Trac xxxx

kazzie
22-10-07, 18:32
Ditto:yesyes:

Luv Kaz

honeybee3939
22-10-07, 18:33
Hi

Im a little unsure also why this point was brought up, but i dont think purple haze meant it in a bad way reading the thread he posted earlier regarding people spending lots of money on anxiety sites that advertise wonder cures.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23896.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

kate
22-10-07, 18:40
Oh I see what you mean, Andrea.

If I have reacted hastily, I apologise :blush:

Kate

nomorepanic
22-10-07, 18:57
I don't think Purplehaze was being nosey as such but just asking a general question as like Andrea said he mentioned in the other post about spending money on miracle cures etc.

Any donation to this site is very much appreciated and helps pays for the costs of such things as :

This bulletin board - £50 a year
The chat room - £250
Stationery for the flyers for the conferences and GP surgeries
Printing costs
Quiz prizes
Conference tickets for members who couldn't afford to pay for them
Website domain registration fees

and so on.

I keep track of exactly how much money I have in the NMP "kitty" so it is completely separate to my money. I do not take any of the money out for myself as such.

More recently I decided to sell the Teds so that people were still donating a little and getting something to keep as well. I still have loads left so please feel free to buy one!

Thanks in advance to all that have donated in the past and in the future. It is much appreciated.

purplehaze
23-10-07, 14:24
The reason behind my poll was in direct reply to those who offer "miracle" cures, which I should have made clear at the start. It was not to offend anyone or to be nosy..but I can understand how my post could have been misconstrued...Sorry if it offended anyone

nomorepanic
24-10-07, 21:32
Hi - it didn't offend me at all and I knew what your intentions were so please don't worry ok?

mirry
28-10-07, 18:46
it didnt offend me at all , but I did think OMG I dont contribute money wise at all :blush: , then again I am struggling to do my 3 hours of work a week at the moment and am not applying for any benifits , so money is tight.
However , if the site had some sort of selling forum where i could advertise and sell my crafts then I would be really happy to donate some of the profit to this site :yesyes: .
Being agrophobic usually means not having much money :mad: but think it would be good to apply to the goverment for funds somehow ???

mmmmmm :wacko:

nomorepanic
28-10-07, 18:49
Mirry

Thanks for the kind offer. We are about to launch a shop on here once we can get it all working so I can sell people's items possibly as well.

Will look at that once we get it all working and let you all know.

mirry
29-10-07, 07:27
:yesyes: