PDA

View Full Version : Scared after taking a sip of yesterday's cold black coffee

Nighttime pacer
11-06-20, 15:03
Hi all,
Early today I was watching TV and drinking coffee. I finished the coffee and was carrying on watching TV and sorting settings out on my surround sound setup. I accidentally picked up a mug with some black coffee in it from yesterday which I hadn't washed up. I took a sip and when I realised it was really cold I panicked and ran to the sink and spat it out. I then got a glass of water and rinsed my mouth out and gargled. I'm now worried about food poisoning. I spoke to a pharmacist who said I'll probably be fine because it hadn't been sitting there for days. It was black coffee which is very acidic and bacteria find it hard to grow in it. It was made with boiled water which is sterile. He did suggest drinking plenty of water today to flush it through the system and also tea and coffee as they're diuretics.
I'm so disappointed in myself as for the last few weeks my health anxiety's been not too bad. Sorry for the rambling post.
Nighttime pacer

BlueIris
11-06-20, 15:05
Honestly, I do this deliberately on a fairly regular basis, so long as the coffee hasn't been somewhere the cats can get at it.

You're totally safe, but I think you know that. Don't beat yourself up because the anxiety got its claws in for once? Happens to all of us.