PDA

View Full Version : white spot inner cheek. Help!!!! Freaking out :(

ela37
11-06-20, 23:46
Hi all, Im freaking out :( about 6 weeks ago I noticed a white raised tiny lump on my inner cheek ... along the bite line right next to my back molar. I went to dentist 3 weeks ago n he said if it had not gone in 2 weeks Id have to go to an oral surgeon which absolutely frightened the crap out of me :( It has now flattened but theres still a white mark .. its beside a straight line, like a faint bite line. pics attached first 2 are from 6 weeks ago... ones that say week 1 and week 2. Anyone any ideas or anything similar? Thanks so much!!

jojo2316
12-06-20, 10:18
I’d say it has faded A LOT. To me that suggests it was an injury of some sort, which is now healing.

ela37
13-06-20, 17:21
Hi thanks so much for your reply :) it was protruding at the start which was about 6 weeks ago then went flat, it had nearly disappeared but then came back very white looking the day b4 yesterday. its about 2 or 3 mm in size, hasnt gotten bigger since the beginning. When I was with the dentist nearly 3 weeks ago he filed a top broken back tooth but it still felt a bit rough n he said if it was not gone in 2 weeks i was to go back n see an oral surgeon, I went back to another dentist yesterday n he had a look, he said it doesnt look suspicious and said it is right on the biteline ... At the corner of my upper n lower back teeth is where the white dot sits and there is a tiny line on both sides of it which sit at the back and side of the lower molar. I have been on antibiotics the passed 10 days but doubt that would have made it come back, I have been rubbing vitamin e oil into it hoping that would help. I also keep touching it with my tongue but dont believe that would irritate it but i could be wrong. Im putting orabase on it too. The dentist said to give it a month, he filed the upper back tooth down more. He said if it doesnt go he would get the oral surgeon to have a look which I know is necessary but that has me a bag of nerves now ...