PDA

View Full Version : Relapse and sleep problems

rockbush
14-06-20, 01:09
Hi it's been a few years since I've been on the forums. I have actually been doing pretty well for the past 4 years. No medication at all for about 3 years. If not longer. I have always suffered from health anxiety and general anxiety but true CBT and mindfulness I have made some great improvements.
But two weeks ago after working with some plastic and a heat gun I had trouble swallowing and breathing and that night convinced myself I had coronavirus. And did not sleep a wink that night and maybe an hour the next night. Now for the past 2 weeks I have been barely sleeping an hour or two each night with a few hours sleep in between the week somewhere once in awhile. I am weak tired tons of anxiety but everytime I go to lay down now I have convinced myself that I will never sleep again. I know it seems a little far-fetched but people with health anxiety kind of get it you can convince yourself of something. I just don't know how to push through this. As night time starts approaching again I am in a complete panic mode. I have tried herbal teas melatonin and once or twice a piece of Xanax has helped but I am trying not to take them even though I probably should just to get the sleep. Any suggestions would be great support also just needed to vent thank you

Allochka
14-06-20, 06:25
Hi,
I’ve checked your previous posts, and seems you’ve had something similar in 2012. You managed to conquer it then, you will manage now. so you will definitely sleep again!
I had a bout of insomnia years ago, even before my HA. I found sleeping pills very helpful. Was taking them short-term, only for couple of weeks. But it did help to make my body and mind get needed rest and relax. When relaxed, I was able to fall asleep on my own
Maybe something to try?