PDA

View Full Version : People walk all over me!!

louise0501
14-06-20, 12:31
Hi. I have a real problem with standing up for myself. I'm really quiet and shy and when I look back people just walk all over me because I let them even my partner. Does anyone have any advice? I find on the odd occasion I do stick up for myself the other person just starts an argument and goes on and on and the last thing I want is an argument.

Please reply
Love louise xxxxxxxxxxx

whispershadow
14-06-20, 12:37
They're behaving like that cause they know they can, best thing to do is stick to what you say and make it clear you are not budging a inch, cause if you let them walk all over you they will do so every time :hugs:

steveh31
15-06-20, 11:25
I cant have arguments with people as I just burst into tears, it is really annoying that I can't stand up for myself because this happens.

AntsyVee
15-06-20, 17:45
You need to read the book, "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty" by Manuel J. Smith. It teaches you how to be assertive.

Estranged
19-06-20, 04:16
You need to read the book, "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty" by Manuel J. Smith. It teaches you how to be assertive.Thanks Antsy, I was browsing and noticed this topic, finding your suggestion so I to am gonna have a read.

I read a book called no more mr nice guy which is also pretty interesting thanks for the suggestion

Sent using my Umidigi Smartphone Via Tapatalk App