PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus

steveh31
14-06-20, 12:36
In March I had Covid 19 as part of it I had vertigo for 5 days and was in bed virtually the whole time, ever since I have had ear issues.

This week though had been terrible last Saturday I developed tinnitus in the right ear, I have to wear ear plugs as I live in a middle flat so it's either tinnitus or people above walking around.

The tinnitus got worse during the last week to the point I was going mad, I didn't sleep for 2 whole nights I could't listen to the tv due to it etc.

I got fobbed off by a doctor on Tuesday who said to see how it was I eventually had to ring GP on Friday as I was in such a state I was listening to hynosis sleep recording on Youtube at 3am trying to sleep I have been using the masking sounds on Youtube.

The doctor brought me to surgery he was great he said he brought me down as he thought I was suicidal. He said I have a serious ear infection in my right ear, I also bought some new headphones two weeks ago which make it worse so am not using them.

Yesterday I woke up even though I had slept through the night and was more relaxed due to knowing I had an infection I was so depressed all day managed to get a grip on it by the end of the day but I am frightened that the tinnitus will not go the last two nights I have woke up and the ringing has been quite loud.

I am worried the ear infection won't cure the tinnitus as even as I type now I can hear it a bit in the ear.

I am also worried as the covid symptom I had was ear related that I am going to be beset by ear problems from now on.

I am trying to keep positive and not be depressed but I don't want a ringing in the ear forever.:weep:

Anxiouscow
15-07-20, 17:10
How are you feeling now?

Anxiouscow