PDA

View Full Version : Nasal Cancer

darkside4k
15-06-20, 18:26
Well, I'm certain I have cancer this time.

The right side of my nose has been pretty stuffy for weeks. If I lay on my side with the stuffy side up then I can get it to clear up. But, these persistent symptoms have led me to believe I have nasal cancer. Apparently nasal polyps are not usually only on side so I can rule that out. Something is definitely not right. It's honestly been more stuffy on my right side for maybe a couple of months now.

steveh31
15-06-20, 18:44
If you have cancer then so do I as I have had a blocked right nasal passage for years, I asked a GP where I worked and she said it would be a polyp but it's painful to have it pulled out so I put up with it

Even though some sites state you should have them on both it isn't always the case, if you think it's not right ask your gp, also it is summer so your nose might be blocked by allergies.

darkside4k
15-06-20, 21:30
I went to the walk-in clinic and the doctor looked up my nose with the thing they use to look in your ears, etc. He stuck it in there pretty good. Deeper than usual. He said he did not see any polyps but that side definitely seemed more irritated / inflamed. I guess my nasal cancer is deeper inside. If the symptoms persist he recommended I see an ENT to see if there is an "obstruction". He prescribed Nasonex.

jojo2316
15-06-20, 21:46
I guess your nasal cancer is not there!

darkside4k
15-06-20, 21:52
Well I still believe there is a nasal cancer deeper inside that requires a deeper scope that only an ENT would use. He said an ENT could look deeper.

venusbluejeans
15-06-20, 23:08
Would it make you happier for the Drs to lie to you and tell you you had cancer?

I know a few people with stage 4 cancer who would give absolutely anything to be told they don't have cancer, instead of them suffering as they really are and facing death straight in the face with dignity and amazing strength..... I am sure they would swap with you if you are detirmined that you have cancer.

Ps. you do not have cancer in any shape or form as many professionals have told you...... but obviously those with many many many years of training and experience are wrong as you keep moving from one cancer to another......What you do have is a very severe case of Health anxiety...

Fishmanpa
15-06-20, 23:24
If I lay on my side with the stuffy side up then I can get it to clear up.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts. The above statement discounts the possibility 100%!

Positive thoughts

utrocket09
16-06-20, 00:09
Well I still believe there is a nasal cancer deeper inside that requires a deeper scope that only an ENT would use. He said an ENT could look deeper.

And what are you going to do when they tell you that you are fine ?

KK77
16-06-20, 00:37

You've cried "wolf" so many times that even the wolves emigrated :lac:

MRS STRESS ED
16-06-20, 07:01

The right side of my nose has been pretty stuffy for weeks. If I lay on my side with the stuffy side up then I can get it to clear up. But, these persistent symptoms have led me to believe I have nasal cancer. Apparently nasal polyps are not usually only on side so I can rule that out. Something is definitely not right. It's honestly been more stuffy on my right side for maybe a couple of months now.

I have a stuffed up nose too does that mean everyone who has this has cancer ?

You have to deal with the real issue here go and get yourself some help for your mental health.

You are in a vicious circle you think you have cancer so you convince yourself its cancer its cancer it cant be anything else.

Its not cancer its crippling anxiety please listen to these lovely members who have taken time to help you stop ignoring them, all the reassurance in the world wont help you only you can do that

please get help or stay on the hamster wheel and keep going around and around
l have been in similar situation you can get help

best wishes xx

WiseMonkey
16-06-20, 07:16
I have a g/friend who has had a nasal cancer and it didn't present like that. Hers was/is squamous cell carcinoma, which is the most common and it was clearly visible like a wart just inside her nasal passage.

lofwyr
16-06-20, 14:53
My left nasal passage has been blocked, more or less continuously, for somewhere in the neighborhood of two years, with brief respites. My wife's right side is blocked all the time. If this were nasal cancer, half the world would have it.