PDA

View Full Version : Blood type and covid

Sunflower318
16-06-20, 19:13
There are a few studies that say type A blood is most susceptible to the virus and most likely to end up very ill from it. Well guess what I am? Yup. A. Im even more terrified of getting now because I feel between my palps and the way I handle normal colds ( I cough until I gag with bad chest colds) I won't be ok. Like I feel that it will be worse case scenario with this. Im such a mess with all of this. Help me please!

pulisa
16-06-20, 19:37
"Studies" mean conjecture. They don't represent fact and are just interesting observations written by randoms who want to get their name in print somehow.

I would have thought that this observation would have been highly publicised by now if it were true or had any credence?

Try not to read or research too much, Sunflower...It'll end in unnecessary anxiety and just isn't worth the effort.

Sunflower318
16-06-20, 19:43
One of the companies that did the study was 23andme. That seems pretty credible and that's what has me all messed up.

pulisa
16-06-20, 19:52
It's your choice to believe it if you rate the source of course but what good does it do you?

travelgirl77
16-06-20, 20:40
I read this too and I also have A positive blood. I then went down a rabbit trail. Turns out, A blood types have always been more susceptible to a lot of viruses and cardiac events. It is also one of the most prevalent blood types. I just cannot get hung up on this one, even though it is my tendency to do so. There is nothing at all I can do about my blood type and even before covid, I guess my blood type meant that I was always more susceptible to certain things. And, just because there is some connection between the two does not mean it is an eventuality. And, with this virus, who the heck knows? They have come out with the "facts" that it impacts older people more, those with certain underlying conditions (and those changed over time), men more than women, and those at rest more than those who are active. They are constantly changing this narrative. So, all we can really do is take the necessary precautions and realize no one is immune from getting this.

Labrujis23
21-06-20, 05:18
Omg, I feel you. I’m from Uruguay and here we have very few covid cases but I saw the news and felt worried cause I’m A blood type too. Hope everything goes well and we can be anxiety free really soon.

AntsyVee
21-06-20, 06:30
I read this study from the 23 and me data a few days ago. The benefits of having type O blood was not significant. For type O, the chance of it was 1.3% compared to 1.4% and 1.5% in types B and A respectively.

AntsyVee
21-06-20, 06:33
Here's the link
https://blog.23andme.com/23andme-research/23andme-finds-evidence-that-blood-type-plays-a-role-in-covid-19/

ankietyjoe
22-06-20, 11:18
One of the companies that did the study was 23andme. That seems pretty credible and that's what has me all messed up.

So a company that SELLS testing kits has uncovered evidence that would make people want to test themselves?