PDA

View Full Version : New high pitched ringing sound in ears

Jordan85
16-06-20, 20:10
Hello there,

I have always had some degree of tinnitus throughout my life. I’m a 35 year old male in good health as far as I know, but I’ve been bothered recently by a different pitch of tinnitus - similar to the sound that you might hear from electrical equipment like TV sets if you listen carefully.

I have noticed this since I had been going through bouts of losing hearing temporarily in my left year for 5-10 seconds maybe twice a day for the last week or two. It seems to happen twice one day and not at all the next, then the same again the next couple of days. It seemed to be accompanied by this high pitched sound. It’s not deafening but the more I take notice the louder it becomes.

I feel no discomfort other than the momentary loss of hearing which quickly recovers - I’ve had this before during my life where I’d go deaf in one ear for a matter of seconds on a rare occasion but this seems to be happening more frequently along with this sensation.

I’ve tried cleaning out my ears in case it’s wax deep in the ear canal but it makes no difference. Anyone else have the same thing? As usual I’m worrying that it’s something serious.

Thanks in advance.

SnowyGreen
17-06-20, 05:01
I have the same thing, tinnitus for years, now sounds like a buzzing sound as well as ringing, my hearing goes really low in one ear for a while. I told my doctor, he just said give it more time.

Midnight-mouse
17-06-20, 07:23
The temporary hearing loss thing and ringing happens to both my husband and I, it’s happened for all of my conscious memory so I don’t know what exactly causes it but I’ve always considered it to be normal. I do notice it happens more in the summer when my allergies play up but it happens throughout other times of the year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk