PDA

View Full Version : Not googling... really hard

UserName20
17-06-20, 22:42
I have been experiencing this weird twinging sensation in my entire body since last night. It’s mostly in my legs, but I will feel twinging in my arms too. If I’m moving I don’t notice it as much, but when I am sitting still I keep feeling this twinging and uncomfortable sensation in different spots in my body. I am REALLY trying to work on my anxiety, and I have not googled, but from past googling I am worried about MS. I have an appointment to get back on my anxiety medication at a counseling place next week, I am really trying so hard to not worry myself. I am doing better than I normally do. I’m writing things down and trying to think logically. Not googling has proved to be really hard, I Just really wanted to get this worry off of my chest.

venusbluejeans
17-06-20, 23:52
The thing is... when you are moving you are distracted and doing other things..

With HA when you are sitting and sitting still then you tend to then concentrate on your body and every little feeling.

Then, of course, you feel a sensation and you think about that sensation and all of a sudden that sensation is everywhere and you are feeling it more.... then you feel it more and more and worry about it more and more.. then what was a tiny harmless sensation is now taking over your mind and it is all you can think about and worry about.

The moral of the story is that your brain is an amazing thing it is so clever and can help you do many things..... but it can also be a complete a**e and make you feel all sorts of things and think all sorts of things, even if it started out from a tiny thing.

pav1984
18-06-20, 11:25
Logical arguments are...

MS attacks the nerve and would therefore affect you whether you are moving or not.

You are affected in multiple areas at once. Whilst possible, generally a ms relapse would affect one area.

The first argument in my opinion is the strongest.

Hijikata
19-06-20, 02:50
https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201609/5-ways-tell-if-you-have-cyberchondria never google