PDA

View Full Version : Weird black shadow in my vision, left eye...so scared

anxious_thoughts
18-06-20, 23:57
Hi everyone,

The weirdest thing happened to my vision. I just got out of the shower and was going into my room to lie down. I noticed a weird outline almost, like half a moon on the left side of my vision right at the left corner. It was a dark shadow, which then went away in a minute, but felt longer.

So weird! I instantly got worried about a stroke or retina issue. I’m 27 and not in the greatest shape. Anyone experienced something like this before? Can’t stop worrying now :(

carriewriting
19-06-20, 00:58
Hi Jenn, I had something similar happen a few weeks ago. It's still being investigated. Anything funny with your vision needs to be checked. I know it's scary, but it's better to be safe. Take a deep breath and make an appointment. Hugs.

anxious_thoughts
20-06-20, 11:12
Hello Carrie, thanks for the response!
Have you heard anything back about it? It’s been about two days now and it hasn’t happened again. But I will keep an eye on it, thank you. Hugs.

Emily101115
20-06-20, 20:11
Hello Carrie, thanks for the response!
Have you heard anything back about it? It’s been about two days now and it hasn’t happened again. But I will keep an eye on it, thank you. Hugs.

Hi, I have had this before, I am also the same age as you are.

Having recently had Mt eyes tested as I suddenly got new eye floaters and flashes of light, I was told my vitreous was detaching (normal with natural process as we age). I have also got Blepharitis and dry eyes.

I suffer migranes and I think maybe this black shadow is some sort of occular migrane?!

Do you get migranes? x