PDA

View Full Version : panic attack yesterday

Fort Lauderdale 22
19-06-20, 21:40
yesterday, I got stressed out about something. I took some medication to get rid of the anxiety, but as soon as I took it I had a panic attack. My heart started fluttering for a minute. The medicine made me tired this morning and not aware. I am worried I will have another panic attack. Does anyone have any advice how to prevent or stop panic attacks from occurring.

suttree63
20-06-20, 14:02
Hello there, I find one way of alleviating the symptons is to try and accept them but also challenge them. Don't give them the attention they think they deserve. Much easier said then done, I know. But when you feel them coming on try and remember the countless thousands going through the same as you ... and coming to no real harm. You're quite normal, not odd or weird ... just don't think you can bottle them up. They need to escape so have a quiet word with them and let them out so that soon all the weirdness they bring along will diminish and leave you feeling tired but calmer and still ok. And practice deeper, slower breathing.

Fort Lauderdale 22
20-06-20, 17:27
thanks suttree63-I really appreciate it.