PDA

View Full Version : New Here

ewart
22-10-07, 22:26
But not new to anxiety and depression - I've had four episodes - the first one lasting only 3 months in its entirety when I was 25 - and then I went off the meds and didn't have it for TEN years until after I had a baby at 35 and then had another episode that lasted 3 months in its entirety and I went off the meds again for it to come back 18 months later and last arond 8 months until we got the meds right..............three months on Effexor that time too and I was ok for 7 years. I went off the Effexor after 4 years though and went on Lexapro - so for 7 years I was good to go and this year I was hit again in January and have been having a hard time since - we changed meds too many times. I am currently on Wellbutrin/Lexapro for almost 7 weeks, and while I realize I get it so bad that it takes around 12 weeks for me to notice a difference, I'm scared this time that it will not go away.

Oh, I forgot to mention - I was almost debilitated by it this time. Wanted to do NOTHING but stay home but too wired to sleep. Almost cost me my job and I have a great one. I'm back to doing well at work - but like I said, I'm not entirely here - just making it through and I used to love everything. I wake up with panic every morning too. The anxiety was so bad at first that I lost tons of weight and could not eat - now I want to eat for comfort - it's hard because I love my kids and used to love doing things with them and just doing things without making myself. I love Christmas and I want to be normal by then. I'm scared that I won't and it will be just another day and then start the year all over again. My family lives 1,000 away from me so that's hard too but I ALWAYS love visiting them, and this year - I'm scared.

Please tell me that this episode will go away too and what y'all have done to help yourself.

I've always gotten better and LOVED life but this time I'm scared and don't want to live or live like this anymore.

Most of my episodes come from worrying about health issues that turn out to be nothing. But I need the medication to work so I can get out of this episode and get strong enough with my therapist to never go back again or have small episodes - they are soooooo painful.

Anyone take Wellbutrin/Lexapro together? How many weeks has it taken for some of you to get better - I'm hoping to hear from some of you that it took more than 6 weeks on meds to get your life back.

Thanks,

fretty freda
22-10-07, 22:35
like you i have had many episodes of depression and anxiety over the last 9 years and changed mediction many times also but i have never tried the ones your on so i cant advice you on that but i can say IF YOU THINK YOU CAN YOU WILL get better that is this is advice i give to myself all the time i know its not easy but we have pulled through before and there is no reason why we shouldnt again if your goal is to feel better for christmas then KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL AND DONT LET IT WANDER your goal is to be better for christmas and YOU CAN and WILL do this your DESERVE to feel good again

take care :hugs:

ewart
22-10-07, 22:42
You had times inbetween when you felt good? What meds are you taking? Did you ever feel almost debilitated by this? How long were your episodes and how long before the meds kicked in? I have these thoughts all the time of when I was well and it makes me very sad and anxious - just looking at pictures of my family and me on vacation and such - makes me sad. I hate those thoughts. I need ones that will assure me that I will get through this and not think about it for another 7 or so years...or more if I EVER get CBT to work properly but I feel weaker than ever right now.

fretty freda
22-10-07, 22:50
yes i couldnt get out of bed some days or leave the house i would just sleep and sleep for hours the bad episodes lasted aprox 3 months but the good times years inbetween were i was great full of confidence getting your confidence back is not easy but given time your bounce back you have to force yourself to take little steps by doing things you enjoy and then pat yourself on the back at the moment i am on cipralex 10mg but except the one your on now i have tried nearly every one you can name take care
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL AND DONT LET IT WANDER

YOUR GOAL IS TO FEEL BETTER BY CHRISTMAS AND YOU CAN DO IT :yesyes:

ewart
22-10-07, 22:53
Is cipralex lexapro? How long does it take to make you better or are you better?

Thanks so much - CHRISTMAS!!!

Oh,

ewart
22-10-07, 22:53
Is cipralex lexapro? How long does it take to make you better or are you better?

Thanks so much - CHRISTMAS!!!

Oh, another problem - I need to quit drinking my wine. I KNOW it is bad for me.

fretty freda
22-10-07, 23:11
Not Sure About The Medication I Am Not Great But I Will Be By Christmas Thats My Goal

If You Enjoy Wine Drink It Who Cares You Only Live Once And Life Is For Living But Dont Drink Too Much !

Dont Keep Thinking How Long Does It Take To Feel Better Because It Happens When Your Not Thinking About It I Know Its Hard But Focus On What You Enjoy To Do

Just Keep Taking The Medication As Perscribed And Things Cant Go Wrong.

Ps Dont Be Hard On Yourself If Your Not Better For Christmas

But Keep Your Eye On The Ball And Dont Let It Wander

You Can Do It You Have Done Before

jesterx
23-10-07, 02:55
there are lots of things you can do yes.

back when i was taking meds....which i hated...laxapro made my head spin...once I changed things were back to normal. it does take a while to kick in though.

i hope you get better sounds like your slipping and thats not good....there is no border line with this...you are normally really really dark and depressed or nearly over it i think. not sure if your the latter....hope you get better soon but.

CarmR
23-10-07, 09:39
Hi ewart,

Glad you found the site!..you will find all the help and support you need here.

Best Wishes
Carmel

honeybee3939
23-10-07, 11:31
Hi Ewart

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

ewart
23-10-07, 16:03
JesterX - are you no longer on medication? Did you get well and stop taking them? Did you quit lexapro? It does not make my head spin - I feel no side effects anymore....................I'm just waiting for it to kick in more and make me forget that I'm here. It seems once I'm better, I'm better and never look back - I'm just scared this time..........................I see my therapist today so we'll see what happens. I'm on week 7 on these medications and I wonder the same as you said - either you are dark and depressed or on your way to come out, and I am definitely on my way out - I want out NOW! Does it go faster when you start to feel better or still take more weeks? Meds can help right - we don't have to do it all on our own right? I go out and do things and exercise and take care of my kids - I just don't do things that I normally did without thinking how terrible I feel.

Thanks,