PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Felt Inprovement Taking Cipralex

fretty freda
22-10-07, 22:26
Hello Guys Been Taking Cipralex For 4 Weeks Waiting For Inprovement Has Anyone Felt Inprovement Using This Medication 10mg Per Day If So When Does It Kick In???

Thanks For Your Advice Guys

honeybee3939
23-10-07, 19:06
Hi Gill

With all medications it can take a good few weeks before you start to feel the benefits, if you put the word Cipralex in the search facility at the top of this screen you will find quite alot of posts regarding this medication too.

Hope that helps

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

fairycake
25-10-07, 21:37
Hello Guys Been Taking Cipralex For 4 Weeks Waiting For Inprovement Has Anyone Felt Inprovement Using This Medication 10mg Per Day If So When Does It Kick In???

Thanks For Your Advice Guys

hello :)

i was on cipralex for 3 weeks before the doctor told me to come off it as it was making me feel worse.

go back to your doctor and tell them how you are feeling now. I.E worse, better, no difference.

im on a different one now and go back to my GP weekly for updates as to how im feeling

fretty freda
25-10-07, 23:15
thankyou for your advice got an appt next week with gp xxxxxx

alwaysanxious
02-11-07, 16:52
hello ive been on cipralex for 9 weeks and i didnt feel better until last week i feel preety normal now i have had a panic and anxiety once scince been on them please give them a bit longer i promise u will feel better i felt worse for about 6 weeks and then look at me now i feel good , trouble with some peoople we all expect a quick fix cipralex is an indirect drug so it takes time to build back up the seratonin in our minds the plus on this is it last longer for futer ref.. plz give them time ,trust me i know i did it and went thru mayhem fist 6 weeks.... let me know how u get on/

take care lisa

fretty freda
02-11-07, 23:00
thankyou i am feeling slightly better and the doctor has just increased the dose to 20 mg but the problem is i find it hard to sleep at night now xx

soggypops
04-11-07, 08:09
Hi
I find it hard to sleep too! Ive been on cipralex for 5 weeks and at first i felt great but the other day (on my 5th week) i feel terrible , my hearts pounding and i cant relax at all. I keep reaing these post to put my mind at rest and sticking with it.
I just cant understand how you can feel the tablets working them not working ????
Anyway i will keep you posted on this one.
Thank goodness for this site !

Hugs Elly:hugs: x

Tabatha
04-11-07, 08:16
Hi there
I have now been on Cipralex for 5 months and it isn't helping but I do know people it has helped for their Social Phobia. 4-6 weeks is the average time that effects take place so maybe give it a little while longer.

Great idea to see your GP, hopefully he/she will be able to give you some reassurance.

Good luck :)

pigspeed
04-11-07, 08:18
I've been on cipramil for 8 weeks now. I was on 20mg for the first 6 weeks and then increased to 30 mg - I've now reduced to 25mg as I was getting really sore eyes and am having terrible nightmares. I have to say I don't feel any better but having read many of the posts on this sight am going to give them at least another month.

licquyd
16-04-08, 03:19
I'm on 30 mg of Cipralex and i might feel 20% better.....i still take 4 or 5 panic attacks a day but at least i'm not calling the ambulance for every one....i think i'm switching to paxil cr...any thoughts.

Trixie
07-05-08, 18:18
Well there is no hope for me then I am only on 5mg of it once a day.:weep: I take amitriptyline which helps me sleep ( I have it because of my orthopaedic problems that keep me awake).

Without this I think I would be waking up at 4.30 am in a right state.

I need to get over this problem I have at the moment for my daughters sake.:weep:

kaz0904
19-06-08, 22:05
I am on another course of Cipralex, but only had 3 doses so far. Last time it worked a treat, but it took about 6 weeks before I really felt lots better. I had a week of palpitations at first, which scared me, but then everything calmed down. First month my symptoms had reduced by half, second month I was only getting symptoms when i was on my period, third month I felt fantastic!

cardmaker
20-06-08, 10:13
I've been on Cipralex for just over a year,
Started on 10mg then 2 weeks later upped to 20mg. It did take at least 2 months to start feeling better. GP told me that you have to stay on them for 6 months in order to get the full benefit.

I know feel really well and should actually be back at work. Unfortunately I've had to take my employers to an Employment Tribunal (waiting for hearing date) so I'm still on the meds. Neither I or the GP feel that I should come off them yet until this is resolved as I get quite anxious everytime I have to go into the office for a meeting. Once this is over I'm hoping that will be the end of my health worries :shades: .

Hugs to everyone still having problems :bighug1:

bab
20-06-08, 18:17
i was on paroxetine before any other meds for 4 yrs and they really were the only ones that helped my panic

kaz0904
11-07-08, 19:08
Hi everyone!

I am now feeling lots better! :D I have nearly finished the first pack of Cipralex, and its working!

Just thought I should share that with everyone!

bab
11-07-08, 19:22
Hi Kaz thats really good to know as I started takin these about 2 weeks ago - started on 5mg and going up to 10 . What dose are you on and do you get any side effects? lots of love nicky x

beverley gango
22-07-08, 22:06
i have been on mine for 4 weeks now i do feel a lot more panicky but def gonna give them a bit longer because i havnt left the house for months and want a bit of my life back

beverley gango
30-07-08, 23:23
i just wanted to know were u finding it difficult to fall asleep at nite ive bin on them 5 weeks now and i am not getting to sleep untill 5 or 6 in the morning , in fact last nite i finally fell asleep at 5.30 and woke at 6.45 bev x

Big
15-08-08, 02:17
Just wanted to share my story as I've felt the effects far sooner than they say you should feel them.

Last night I took my first pill ... The next evening i was already feeling the effects.

- Felt like I loved life again
- Walked around with a smile on my face
- COuld approach situations I would avoid in the past
- No more tingly, cloudy sensation in my head
- way more motivation

I was very surprised that I could feel it right away. It also made me feel a bit hyper and talkative.

Cheers,