PDA

View Full Version : Low grade fevers

Labrujis23
21-06-20, 23:07
Hello everyone! My name is Valeria and I have dealt with health anxiety since I was a child. After taking lexapro for several years my anxiety improved. Now I felt ok stopping it and it’s been 7 months medication free. I started to check my tenperature everyday in the Morning for menstrual cycle control but I get “low grade” temperature when I take it orally. Today I had 37.3 degrees and felt terribly anxious. Of course being the way I am I think I have something terrible. I’m really depressed. I feel normal and I don’t know why my temperature is higher than normal. Sorry for my English, I speak Spanish. Thank you in advance for your support

textsfromthemoon
22-06-20, 08:25
Truthfully our temperatures do fluctuate throughout the day (and for women across our cycles as well), some people also do just run warmer, generally anything between 97-99.5ish (36.1 C- 37.5 C) are considered within normal range with 98.6/37 simply being the accepted "average" and most sites say a "true fever" (a fever that is most likely to be caused by an actual illness/infection) is generally above 100.4/38. I'm not sure if its warm where you live but if you're taking your temp. first thing in the morning after getting up, it could be something as simple as being warmer from being underneath the blankets all night or it could just be that your natural body temperature runs a little bit on the higher side of things.

Labrujis23
24-06-20, 17:44
Thank you very much. The day after the "low grade fever" appeared I tried sleeping with less amount of blankets and my temperature was better.
I've been really anxious lately and everything looks sinester to me.
Thank you again!

textsfromthemoon
28-06-20, 08:12
No problem! awesome job trying the thing with the blankets, thats a great way to challenge the anxious thought and help yourself recognize its nothing sinister :)