PDA

View Full Version : Bear Lives Matter ;)

AntsyVee
22-06-20, 19:20
I just thought given the seriousness of our forum, that you all might like to have a laugh. It's never a dull moment in SoCal. Today we watched a bear run from the police through the town of Sylmar (which is at the bottom of our local mountains) before they were able to put him out with a tranq dart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVugvdsbOsM

ErinKC
22-06-20, 20:31
We have - more than once - had a bull running loose around Baltimore. :roflmao:

I can't find the video of the one that ran down near my apartment when I was out for a walk with my baby. But, this one is great, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYtd7Z60ncw

AntsyVee
22-06-20, 21:08
OMG, that's classic, Erin! LOL

Fishmanpa
22-06-20, 23:51
I live a mile from The Shenandoah National Park. There are bears, bobcats, fox, deer etc. all over the place here. I've seen many in my hiking and camping adventures and drives to my shows. I've been an entertainer in the park for the last ten years and in my show, I play a song by Lyle Lovett called Bears (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T4SaNuxZO8).​ I start off by asking the audience if they did any hiking. Most raise their hands. Then I ask if they saw any bear. Some of them always have.... I tell this story to introduce the song.

I was camping at Matthews Arm at mile marker 22. It was during the week and the campground was pretty much empty. Just me and a few others. I got up in the morning and went on a hike. If you can picture this.... I'm going up a hill and it was pretty rocky so I was watching my footing as I climbed. At the top of the hill were two large boulders on either side of the trail. I got to the top and looked up and there in front of me, about where you're sitting (I point to someone around 15 feet away from the stage), was a 350 pound black bear! We're talking tree trunk legs and a chest barely a foot from the ground! He was a BIG boy! I looked at him, he looked at me, our eyes met and we shared expletives!

My first thought was 'Ohhh crap! and thought I would get over by one of the boulders and put it between myself and the bear. So I took a slow small step toward the boulder and he nonchalantly took a step toward me on the trail! I thought 'No bear! You're not supposed to do that!' So I slowly started moving closer to the boulder and the bear just nonchalantly started walking toward me on the trail!

I'm thinking 'NO BEAR! You're not supposed to do that!' Now.... what you're 'supposed' to do if you encounter a bear is to put your arms up and shout/scream to scare him off. I know this, but under the circumstances the best I could muster was a sheepish 'Shoo Bear!'

I kid you not... He stopped, dropped his head and it was as if I could hear him thinking 'Dude! That was pitiful! You just told me to Shoo?' He turned and walked off into the woods, no doubt to tell his bear friends all about the stupid human that told him to 'Shoo!' So if you see a bear, keep your distance and remember my story...

I then introduce the song and play....

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
23-06-20, 00:17
LOL FMP. Great story. I do hope you realize that the rest of us on here are going to go see you perform now, right? ;)

Fishmanpa
23-06-20, 01:55
LOL FMP. Great story. I do hope you realize that the rest of us on here are going to go see you perform now, right? ;)

It would be cool to meet some NMPers at a show in the Shenandoah. As of now, no performances due to COVID but hopefully soon. I haven't played a gig since January :( Maybe I can put together a Facebook live deal sometime. I had posted some links to videos on Wired's thread but he deleted it so...... :shrug:

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
23-06-20, 02:26
That would be cool! You might have been upstaging James' Beastie Boys' routine LOL

Now do you perform as Mr. Clean, Bigfoot or Daniel Boone? Wait, did Daniel Boone go through Shenandoah? I know he went through the Cumberland Gap...

ErinKC
23-06-20, 02:52

Ha, I love Shenandoah! I just said recently that we should do a day trip just to drive through because it's been so long. Last time I was there I was childless and spent the weekend drinking wine and eating cheese on the porch at the Mimslyn Inn in Loray.

Lolalee1
23-06-20, 04:10
It would be cool to meet some NMPers at a show in the Shenandoah. As of now, no performances due to COVID but hopefully soon. I haven't played a gig since January :( Maybe I can put together a Facebook live deal sometime. I had posted some links to videos on Wired's thread but he deleted it so...... :shrug:

Positive thoughts

I wondered what happened to the link for the videos went,Is that the link with you and the woman with that lovely voice singing?Years ago on here we started up NMP band I played the washboard :D

Speaking of animals running wild I was at a place called Clermont and there was 2 Emus fighting in the street shame I didn’t have my phone handy as it was quite funny also watched at Cape Palmerston 2 Kangaroos having a punch up lol.

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-20, 05:46
Aw, the poor guy escapes the wilderness heading to Hollywood for his big break and they just dart him and send him back. https://yoursmiles.org/msmile/animal/m0266.gif

I reckon they should do that for anyone breaking quarantine:yesyes:

AntsyVee
23-06-20, 06:15
I know! Poor guy just had some cabin fever. He looked so fluffy, too.

pulisa
23-06-20, 08:22
Thanks for sharing the link, Vee! Maybe our BoJo should look into Bovine behaviour and consider darting for quarantine breakers as Terry says!Would it have deterred Dominic Cummings though or is he too thick skinned?!:D

AntsyVee
23-06-20, 20:31
New reality show, maybe P? "Running from the Po Po" Episode 1: Bear vs. Cummings; Episode 2: Mountain Lion vs. BOJO

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-20, 21:46
Thanks for sharing the link, Vee! Maybe our BoJo should look into Bovine behaviour and consider darting for quarantine breakers as Terry says!Would it have deterred Dominic Cummings though or is he too thick skinned?!:D

I suspect our BoJo is well aquantied with some things bovine :whistles:

AntsyVee
23-06-20, 22:35
Bovine is cattle. Caniform is bear, I believe. Ovine is sheep? Are there bears in the UK?

Noivous
23-06-20, 23:21
My son had a good size black bear in his yard the other night.

Of all animals to be attacked by a bear would be the worst. You can't go anywhere, water, tree, run...they can do it all. And they come across as these big lumbering oafs. They are lightening fast and as stealthy as can be.

Noivous
23-06-20, 23:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg5WC_FKrf0

Check out mama bear defending her cub. Amazing!

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 05:42
Yup. Lots of fierce mamas out there!

MyNameIsTerry
24-06-20, 05:51
No bears in the UK. We don't need them, we've got seagulls! :ohmy:

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 05:54
LOL “mine! mine!”

well, your cattle kill people, And according to you all, several of your brethren screw sheep...so no bears is probably a good thing. Lol

MyNameIsTerry
24-06-20, 06:07
We do get big cat sightings though. The police have turned up to find a big cuddly toy on more than one occassion :biggrin:

Someone would have to be pretty desperate to sneak up on a bear for a quickie :roflmao: I suppose it can get pretty lonely out in the remote countryside :whistles: I once knew a guy who was so drunk he tried to have sex with his front door :ohmy:

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 06:27
When I went to the UK, I had never heard so many sheep-screwing jokes...especially in pubs and especially in welsh vs British jokes. I wondered what started that obsession!

You knew a guy, huh? ;)

Noivous
24-06-20, 12:06
Hey Johnny where's your dad?

He's out in the barn screwing the sheep.

What?!

I said he's out in the barn screwing sheep.

Doesn't that bother you?

Naaaaa.

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 18:25
Oy vey, N. LOL The only thing I have to follow up with that is a worse joke that cannot be seen on here.

whispershadow
24-06-20, 19:08
We do get big cat sightings though. The police have turned up to find a big cuddly toy on more than one occassion :biggrin:

Someone would have to be pretty desperate to sneak up on a bear for a quickie :roflmao: I suppose it can get pretty lonely out in the remote countryside :whistles: I once knew a guy who was so drunk he tried to have sex with his front door :ohmy:

How in the hell ............... we maybe better not go there :roflmao:

pulisa
24-06-20, 19:53
No back door jokes please

Noivous
24-06-20, 20:01
Give me another drink!

No way Bob you've had too much I'm shutting you off.

What do you mean! I'm not drunk!

You can't even see right now Bob.

Yes I can. For instance I can see that one eyed cat walking into the bar.

now I know you're drunk. That cat has two eyes and it's walking out.

Noivous
24-06-20, 20:03
I opened a new bar room. I put a sign on the front of the place it said liquor in the front poker in the rear. Full house every night!

Noivous
24-06-20, 20:03
Sorry Pulisa... That was pretty mild though. ;-)

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 20:08
LOL Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Bart goes to Duff Gardens and tries the beer goggles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7lTnG-ZrLY

Noivous
24-06-20, 20:34
Haha. That's just about right.

I like when Homer said to Marge the boy's not going to be 10 forever Marge.

He's been 10 for 30 years!

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 20:40
LOL yes! I love it when they have the "Behind the Laughter" special, and Lisa files a lawsuit because "they gave her hormones to make her look eight forever".

Noivous
24-06-20, 20:59
Hey I'd take some of those!

AntsyVee
24-06-20, 21:03
No kidding! To be young again, with what we know now!

Noivous
27-06-20, 19:49
I was just talking to my neighbor he's a cop here in town. He told me just to let you know there's been a sighting of a couple of black bears in the area lately. I figured they were around but I've never seen one. I hope I do.

AntsyVee
27-06-20, 20:03
Nice. They say that wildlife is making a big resurgence since so many people are staying home due to Covid.

Noivous
27-06-20, 20:29
That makes sense I think. They're as stealthy as can be so they're probably living amongst us and we don't even know it.

AntsyVee
27-06-20, 21:17
My local raccoons let me know it. They leave me presents.

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-20, 22:01
I was just talking to my neighbor he's a cop here in town. He told me just to let you know there's been a sighting of a couple of black bears in the area lately. I figured they were around but I've never seen one. I hope I do.

Were they waving placards? :biggrin:

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-20, 22:03
Nice. They say that wildlife is making a big resurgence since so many people are staying home due to Covid.

We had a herd on deer snoozing on a green on a housing estate near London. We have deer at a park near me and they never get close to people so for them to be seen outside houses just shows how quiet it must have been. I think it's great.

We're just waiting on Nessie to put in an appearance :yesyes:

Noivous
27-06-20, 23:03
Were they waving placards? :biggrin:

Yes!

BBLM!

Noivous
27-06-20, 23:04
My local raccoons let me know it. They leave me presents.

And they wear masks. 😷

AntsyVee
28-06-20, 02:22
They do! One left me a half-eaten tangerine the other day. I think it was a peace-offering. They don't like the new fence I've put up to keep them out.

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-20, 04:29
Yes!

BBLM!

Big Breasted Ladies Matter? https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1523.gif

That's one group that always gets attention. That's one march where the police will be needed to hold back onlookers :roflmao:

Noivous
28-06-20, 10:33
Big Breasted Ladies Matter? https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1523.gif

That's one group that always gets attention. That's one march where the police will be needed to hold back onlookers :roflmao:

True enough! But aren't you talking about DDLM?!😆

Lolalee1
28-06-20, 10:49
If you go out in the woods today YFRN:scared15:

Noivous
28-06-20, 11:34
But I want to find out if a bear actually does shit in the woods! 😆

Noivous
28-06-20, 11:58
...of course... now that I think about it...if I go out there I may actually wind up being the bear poop...hmm this calls for a little re-think...🤔

AntsyVee
28-06-20, 19:01
Awww...N, they don't want to eat you, they just want a hug ;)

Noivous
29-06-20, 01:33
You're trying to get me killed aren't you.

AntsyVee
29-06-20, 03:10
Me? :noangel:

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-20, 04:35
You're trying to get me killed aren't you.

Who says they are just hungry? :winks:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images2/360/1213/06/loose-joblot-bad-taste-bears-funny_360_9f4c1475883c74b69c5079e9b44cb5b5.jpg

Noivous
29-06-20, 13:13
Well it happened...yesterday mid afternoon. As I was on my deck leaning over cleaning out the old hibachi I suddenly got a very eerie feeling like someone was watching me. I slowly turned my head and sure enough the steely gaze of the giant beast was upon me. I stood arrow straight as our eyes locked and slowly descended down the deck stairs to the backyard. She was big tall black and hairy. We started to circle one another each to our right. Like Holmes and Moriarty sizing one another up before the battle. The circle grew smaller as we moved. Eventually coming nose-to-nose in the middle of the arena. I could feel her hot breath and noted that she hadn't brushed her teeth in sometime...she probably thought the same of me. Where she bested me in height, weight, strength, speed, agility and cunning I had her in writing skills so it was a fairly evenly matched tilt. She weighed in at a massive 450 lbs (that's 32 stone to you Brits) and I at a svelte 185 (13 stone). I opened with a quick sharp uppercut to her lower jaw snapping her head back sharply. She reciprocated with a swipe of a huge right clawed paw which would have decapitated me had I not possessed the reflexes of a python. I countered with a right hook to the left side of her head staggering her briefly. She threw a karate kick to my groin narrowly missing left but nearly dislocating my hip! I showed no emotion but was in agony. I gave a headbutt to her snout. Back and forth it went...and so we danced for the next 5 hours...a dance of death. A dance we had both dreaded and at the same time desired. And somewhere in the vicious melee I thought I heard a familiar voice say be careful dear I'm going shopping...but I can't be sure. The bout was no longer a contest of strength but a match of wills. Then it happened...she made a rare misstep and I took advantage. I threw a Granby Cradle and had her on the ground in an instant my forehead pressed firmly against her temple...and I squeezed...no mercy. But my strength was waning. Who would give out first?! Then suddenly without warning an aroma. The beautiful smell of burgers on the barbie quaffed through our violent theater from a nearby yard. I slowly released my death grip as I felt my worthy opponent relax. We both sat upright in the dirt and dust. We looked at one another and smiled then nodded. And off we strode into the sunset hand in paw towards that beguiling odor.

The End

KK77
29-06-20, 13:19
Well it happened...yesterday mid afternoon. As I was on my deck leaning over cleaning out the old hibachi I suddenly got a very eerie feeling like someone was watching me. I slowly turned my head and sure enough the steely gaze of the giant beast was upon me. I stood arrow straight as our eyes locked and slowly descended down the deck stairs to the backyard. She was big tall black and hairy. We started to circle one another each to our right. Like Holmes and Moriarty sizing one another up before the battle. The circle grew smaller as we moved. Eventually coming nose-to-nose in the middle of the arena. I could feel her hot breath and noted that she hadn't brushed her teeth in sometime...she probably thought the same of me. Where she bested me in height, weight, strength, speed, agility and cunning I had her in writing skills so it was a fairly evenly matched tilt. She weighed in at a massive 450 lbs (that's 32 stone to you Brits) and I at a svelte 185 (13 stone). I opened with a quick sharp under cut to her lower jaw snapping her head back sharply. She reciprocated with a swipe of a huge right clawed paw which would have decapitated me had I not possessed the reflexes of a python. I countered with a right hook to the left side of her head staggering her briefly. She threw a karate kick to my groin missing left but nearly dislocating my hip! I showed no emotion but was in agony. I gave a headbutt to her snout. Back and forth it went...and so we danced for the next 5 hours...a dance of death. A dance we had both dreaded and at the same time desired. And somewhere in the vicious melee I thought I heard a familiar voice say be careful dear I'm going shopping...but I can't be sure. The bout was no longer a contest of strength but a match of wills. Then it happened...she made a rare misstep and I took advantage. I threw a Granby Cradle and had her on the ground in an instant my forehead pressed firmly against her temple...and I squeezed...no mercy. But my strength was waning. Who would give out first?! Then suddenly without warning an aroma. The beautiful smell of burgers on the barbie quaffed through our violent theater from a nearby yard. I slowly released my death grip as I felt my worthy opponent relax. We both sat upright in the dirt and dust. We looked at one another and smiled then nodded. And off we strode into the sunset hand in paw towards that beguiling odor.

The End

....then you woke up with beads of sweat on your brow and proceeded to the bathroom to brush your teeth :roflmao:

Noivous
29-06-20, 13:53
True story I swear mon capitaine!

pulisa
29-06-20, 13:56
You're talents are wasted on here, N!!:D I hope you have clawed your way back to reality now but stay vigilant!

pulisa
29-06-20, 14:00
True story I swear mon capitaine!

Bring on the polygraph contraption..

Noivous
29-06-20, 14:12
No really Pulisa! Her name's Molly and she's originally from upstate NY. She's sinced moved though. We're getting together on the upper East side Saturday morning for coffee.😁

pulisa
29-06-20, 14:19
Hope you're not a flat white afterwards...

Noivous
29-06-20, 14:25
Hope you're not a flat white afterwards...

LOL!! I've not heard that one before! I'll be using it though! 😂😂😂

pulisa
29-06-20, 14:30
I'm sure they will be seen as racist soon..Give it time!

Noivous
30-06-20, 12:11
Well it happened...yesterday mid afternoon. As I was on my deck leaning over cleaning out the old hibachi I suddenly got a very eerie feeling like someone was watching me. I slowly turned my head and sure enough the steely gaze of the giant beast was upon me. I stood arrow straight as our eyes locked and slowly descended down the deck stairs to the backyard. She was big tall black and hairy. We started to circle one another each to our right. Like Holmes and Moriarty sizing one another up before the battle. The circle grew smaller as we moved. Eventually coming nose-to-nose in the middle of the arena. I could feel her hot breath and noted that she hadn't brushed her teeth in sometime...she probably thought the same of me. Where she bested me in height, weight, strength, speed, agility and cunning I had her in writing skills so it was a fairly evenly matched tilt. She weighed in at a massive 450 lbs (that's 32 stone to you Brits) and I at a svelte 185 (13 stone). I opened with a quick sharp uppercut to her lower jaw snapping her head back sharply. She reciprocated with a swipe of a huge right clawed paw which would have decapitated me had I not possessed the reflexes of a python. I countered with a right hook to the left side of her head staggering her briefly. She threw a karate kick to my groin narrowly missing left but nearly dislocating my hip! I showed no emotion but was in agony. I gave a headbutt to her snout. Back and forth it went...and so we danced for the next 5 hours...a dance of death. A dance we had both dreaded and at the same time desired. And somewhere in the vicious melee I thought I heard a familiar voice say be careful dear I'm going shopping...but I can't be sure. The bout was no longer a contest of strength but a match of wills. Then it happened...she made a rare misstep and I took advantage. I threw a Granby Cradle and had her on the ground in an instant my forehead pressed firmly against her temple...and I squeezed...no mercy. But my strength was waning. Who would give out first?! Then suddenly without warning an aroma. The beautiful smell of burgers on the barbie quaffed through our violent theater from a nearby yard. I slowly released my death grip as I felt my worthy opponent relax. We both sat upright in the dirt and dust. We looked at one another and smiled then nodded. And off we strode into the sunset hand in paw towards that beguiling odor.

The End

Gee, doesn't anyone like a good bear vs man fight story anymore? What's the world coming to?🐻🧒

AntsyVee
30-06-20, 15:55
LOL Bear Lives Matter. We were rooting for the bear ;).

MyNameIsTerry
30-06-20, 21:54
I just wonder what happened to Mrs N during a dream like that?!!! :biggrin:

Either he wasn't thrashing about or she was on the night shift because the story didn't and with an elbow or knee sharply inserted somewhere :winks:

Noivous
01-07-20, 14:54
Dream?! Do you doubt my veracity sir?

BlueIris
01-07-20, 14:56
I keep reading this thread title as Beer lives matter. They do.

Noivous
01-07-20, 15:06

Perfect!😂😂😂🍺

pulisa
01-07-20, 20:37

Ale second that!

Noivous
02-07-20, 22:32
Even though I barley know you I will too!

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-20, 04:52

Protesters vary some being Stout, others Mild, Short or Bitter. But is it just one big Wine?

It is understood President Trump is sympathetic in offering them his Slippery Nipple and a Slow Comfortable Screw followed by Sex On The Beach ending with a Screaming Orgasm. :ohmy::blush:

AntsyVee
03-07-20, 05:16
Terry, I'm going to have nightmares. Several of those words should never been in the same sentence :emot-puke:

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-20, 05:30
Sorry, Vee, my first sentence was a bit uncalled for :whistles:

AntsyVee
03-07-20, 05:40
If you start fantasizing about Trump, I’m going to call you Noivous Jr. :p

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-20, 05:57
:roflmao: I still think N has those about Hillary :winks:

Noivous
03-07-20, 11:34
Protesters vary some being Stout, others Mild, Short or Bitter. But is it just one big Wine?

It is understood President Trump is sympathetic in offering them his Slippery Nipple and a Slow Comfortable Screw followed by Sex On The Beach ending with a Screaming Orgasm. :ohmy::blush:

Mmm...sign me up! I think we should change the Harvey Wall Banger to the Donald Wall Banger don't you?🥃

Not Killery though...I can't get passed the man pants.🤮

AntsyVee
03-07-20, 17:52
:roflmao: I still think N has those about Hillary :winks:

OMG, Terry, you're right! Look, he want to get in her "man pants" ;)

Noivous
03-07-20, 17:59
OMG, Terry, you're right! Look, he want to get in her "man pants" ;)

Figuratively! Figuratively!

Plus they're way too big for me.