PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure - 180/110

gailveronica
22-06-20, 20:49
Went to my ob/gyn today to check on some fibroids (routine, they're fine). While there, they noticed my blood pressure was elevated. They took it several times and it lingered around 180/110. They said this is typically hypertensive emergency, but because I had no symptoms (and was wearing a mask and sort of hyperventilating) they told me to sit quietly for a bit and they'd check again. They checked again and it was still 180/110, but then checked my other arm and it was 150/110. She said I could go to the ER if I wanted, or go straight to the pharmacy and pick up my blood pressure meds (they ran out weeks ago) and a cuff.

I did that, took one pill, and have been taking my BP a lot since. It's lingering around 140-150/100-110. I'm not sure how worried I should be, but I'm really hoping this doesn't mean I'll have kidney failure or a stroke or something awful like that... I know anxiety flares it up but mine usually lingers around 140/90 without meds, 120/80 with meds. Definitely NOT 180/110. Is this a death sentence?? I also have numb feet/tingling jaw/nerve pain but that's been going on for almost 2 years now so I don't think they're related (last blood pressure check in February was 110/70, with my meds).

AntsyVee
22-06-20, 21:13
It's obviously from not taking your meds. You have to stay on your meds. It's dangerous for you without them.