PDA

View Full Version : Food Contamination/A Vent

aloy-
23-06-20, 05:21
Hello again 😞
I’m a little grossed out/paranoid about something that just happened....
Ordered food tonight, and while eating my nuggets I got to one that looked like there was a bite taken out of it. rational thinking would be that I picked it up, took a bite, then put it down & picked up a different one, but it made my stomach turn so I ended up tossing it.
Now, I’m thinking about the potential of someone giving me a half-bitten nugget. It sounds so silly, but my brain is jumping onto all of these sicknesses that come through saliva. I don’t even know if any of the bacteria would stick around after being exposed to the air/on the 15min drive to my house. But i’m feeling sick to my stomach now.
It’s so frustrating thinking things like this when my rational side knows it was probably me who took a bite, and I won’t get sick or anything. But that tiny part of me... is so annoying.
I’ve got my first therapist appointment scheduled in a few weeks. I hope it helps. Until then, I think I need some reassurance from all of the logical people on this site. What are the odds I’d actually get something from someone biting my food?

SnowyGreen
23-06-20, 05:51
The amount of times we had bites of each others foods as kids....... I never got sick from that. Couldn't do it as an adult, because once I gave my sister a bite of some marzipan I was eating and she left pools of saliva on it... I nearly vomited. Anyway, you won't get sick from it.

aloy-
23-06-20, 06:07
The amount of times we had bites of each others foods as kids....... I never got sick from that. Couldn't do it as an adult, because once I gave my sister a bite of some marzipan I was eating and she left pools of saliva on it... I nearly vomited. Anyway, you won't get sick from it.
It’s funny you say that, because that was another thing I thought of trying to settle my nerves. In highschool, I’d never think anything of it, which kind of ended up backfiring when I got a cold sore after sharing with a friend. :doh: I’m sure part of my HA comes from the regret of being so careless in my past, even though I’ve always had good bloodwork results, kept up on vaccines, etc.
The thought of someone taking a bite of my food just makes my skin crawl!
Thank you for your reply, I’m already feeling way less anxious!