PDA

View Full Version : pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pb
21-06-20, 20:45
Another day and another worry. Today I have jaw, tooth and ear pain. I had this a month ago and it got better after a few days. My jaw often makes crunching noises when I eat or move my jaw.
Im worried this is corona and think maybe I should order a test, really worried..

Fishmanpa
21-06-20, 22:21
This is the 7th thread in the last couple of weeks. You're very obviously in a spiral. What are you doing in real life to address the real issue?

Positive thoughts

StephA
21-06-20, 23:18
Sounds like TMJ. I have similar symptoms off and on and have been told I have it. Anxiety will only make it worse!

ErinKC
22-06-20, 00:45
You explained TMJ exactly. Anxiety is for sure a trigger because you clench your jaw.

SnowyGreen
22-06-20, 03:22
Yeah a crunching jaw def sounds like corona. :roflmao:

pb
22-06-20, 08:20
I also think it’s likely to be TMJ, I was just panicking.
Fishmanpa- I am spiralling badly and jump from one illness to another, it’s exhausting. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy in the next couple of weeks due to weight loss and positive stool sample.
I have had two rounds of cbt and am now waiting for counselling. I tried anti depressants but they made me feel so sick.
I have a health anxiety book, that I try to look at.

pb
24-06-20, 16:25
Please can someone help before I go completely mad.
I used a forehead infared thermometer about 50 times today, as I was stressing about my temperature.
I now have a pain in my eye and a worried It hasn’t damaged my eye.
I did this on Monday and the pain went.
Can someone please advise , my anxiety is so bad...

ankietyjoe
24-06-20, 16:30
Did you poke it into your eye?

pb
24-06-20, 16:38
Did you poke it into your eye?
No I didnt

pb
24-06-20, 17:02
Can anyone help

BlueIris
24-06-20, 17:16
Honestly, no, because this is an absolutely ridiculous concern. Sorry.

pb
24-06-20, 17:23
Why is this ridiculous, I’m so sorry for all of this..

BlueIris
24-06-20, 17:30
Don't be sorry. Why do you think a forehead thermometer could injure your eye?

Scass
24-06-20, 19:03
If it was a danger to your eyes there would be warnings on the instructions.

Do you feel like taking your temperature so much has helped your anxiety at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venusbluejeans
24-06-20, 20:32
PB. I have just been back through your posting history for the last 3 months and took note of everything you have diagnosed yourself with...

So bearing in mind this is just 3 months, you have diagnosed yourself with...

22nd March – IBS
25th April – diverticulitis
9th May – Coronavirus
4 hours later
9th May – Gout
11th May – sore throat and ear – Coronavirus
14th May – Dry cough
14th May – toothache
16th May – temperature 36.7… too high??
24th May Kidney failure
24th May – Appendicitis
25th May – still appendicitis
25th May Bowel obstruction
25th May – Burning Knee
26th may – Felling sick
27th May – Appendicitis again
30th May – Hernia
30th May - Damaged bladder by prodding the groin
30th June - constant peeing
30th May – Groin strain
30th May – Hernia from poking the groin
30th May – leg pain
4th June – chest pain
6th June – lower leg-burning – a blood clot
6th June – another leg pain – DVT
9th June – Gastroparesis
13th June – Diverticulitis
14th June - pains in the side
19th June - Cancer
21st June – crunching Jaw, tooth and ear pain – Coronavirus
23rd June – food poisoning
24th June – Eye damage from infrared thermometer from constant temperature taking.

So what does this all tell you? I know you are aware you are spiralling but seeing it all written down can sometimes be a bit of a wake-up call and for you to see how 'silly' HA actually is......

On that note, I am thinking that it may be of use to you to keep all of your worries to the same thread so you can see it all as a whole how you are spiralling and you can see everyone's advice for you all on one thread... So maybe as I have written all of your worries down here we continue on this thread.... please can you post all of your worries onto this one thread? I will rename the thread for you.

How many of these illnesses have you been actually diagnosed with by a Dr?

pb
24-06-20, 21:37
OMG , this list makes me feel really sad. A friend tonight said that I was wasting my life, going from one imagined illness to another. I do have ibs and have to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy for a positive stool sample, but the rest has not been confirmed !
My HA is so severe, it’s completely out of control and reassurance just leads to a new symptom.
I feel trapped...

venusbluejeans
24-06-20, 22:05
Sorry the list made you feel a bit sad but at the same time, I am also glad looking at it has made you think.

I don't suffer from HA, so it is hard for me to be empathetic about it all and it is difficult for me to understand really BUT I do understand that it is a crap disorder to have and a hard one for you to deal with as your mind will just go from one worry to another and when you are spiralling it is hard for you to get out of that spiral.

I would say, get things down on paper.... make a table of 2 columns one with your thought in it and on the other side write more balanced thoughts.... like in the first column it could be "I have stomach pains, and in the groin too I am scared I have appendicitis" and in the other challenge those thoughts and put things like "I know that I have IBS and that causes these symptoms" or "I know anxiety also has these symptoms"

sometimes it is good to have it all down on paper and challenge your thoughts... It is also really hard at the minute as it is difficult to do the normal things you would to distract yourself, but if you do get the urge to do things like take your temperature like today then distract yourself, do something completely different.. or failing that throw the thermometer away.

pb
26-06-20, 08:57
I’m due to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy on Tuesday morning and my nausea and chest pain have returned. Really worried that they won’t be able to do them. I had 2 ecgs and a blood test at AnE 9 days ago, they were normal.

pulisa
26-06-20, 14:29
They will still be normal. You have had so many ECGs and tests recently. It just goes to show how repeated testing just fuels HA. Your GP should be helping you manage your HA not repeatedly sending you for tests. What benefit do you get from going to A&E so frequently? How long does any reassurance last?

pb
26-06-20, 14:58
They will still be normal. You have had so many ECGs and tests recently. It just goes to show how repeated testing just fuels HA. Your GP should be helping you manage your HA not repeatedly sending you for tests. What benefit do you get from going to A&E so frequently? How long does any reassurance last?
It only ever lasts for a short while, really trying to tell myself that the stress is causing my chest pain and nausea. Also have pins and needles in left hand.
My friend who I call quite a lot has told me this morning what I really need help with my mental health and has offered to call my gp , as she is so concerned.
Im Scared I won’t be able to have the tests on Tuesday.

Inanna
26-06-20, 15:32
hi pb

Why do you think you wont be able to have the tests?

Inanna xx

pb
26-06-20, 15:35
hi pb

Why do you think you wont be able to have the tests?

Inanna xx
Just worried about my heart, but I’ve had so many ecgs , all normal..

Inanna
26-06-20, 16:09
Do you think they will cancel your scopes because of your heart worries (even though they all came back normal)?

pb
26-06-20, 16:28
No , I don’t think so, it’s just my mental health is so bad and I’m having two scopes.
Chest spasms have got a bit better, but still feel sick.

Inanna
26-06-20, 17:05
They are not as bad as you think they'll be. I have had both of those in the last year (well 14 months), both without sedation. Why did you have the FOBt? Did they not offer you the newer FIT test? Those older tests are less accurate I think, and can give false negatives (thats my understanding as Grant Schapp would say!)

pb
26-06-20, 17:08
Change of bowel habits, weight loss and nausea.
Thank you for your replies x

pb
26-06-20, 19:06
Can anxiety make you feel so sick all the time..

AntsyVee
26-06-20, 19:38
Can anxiety make you feel so sick all the time..

Yes.

Does “pb” stand for peanut butter?

pb
26-06-20, 19:52
Yes.

Does “pb” stand for peanut butter?
????

AntsyVee
26-06-20, 20:28
C’mon now. I know you all have peanut butter in the UK. Is that what your name stands for?

pb
26-06-20, 21:11
Why are you asking me such a ridiculous question , when I feel distraught .

AntsyVee
26-06-20, 21:20
To get your mind off of it. Do you want to sit around all day dwelling on your HA?

BlueIris
26-06-20, 21:28
Why are you asking me such a ridiculous question , when I feel distraught .

That's a bit rude, PB, we're all people here and it can help to make friends. Besides, you're the only one who can get your health anxiety under control.

If your name doesn't stand for peanut butter, does it stand for lead, like it does in the periodic table?

AntsyVee
26-06-20, 21:31
If your name doesn't stand for peanut butter, does it stand for lead, like it does in the periodic table?

Ooo, Iris, you're such a smartie! I didn't even think of that one!

Fishmanpa
27-06-20, 19:40

That's actually quite fitting and makes sense based on the way her anxiety is weighing her down.

Positive thoughts

ServerError
28-06-20, 01:12
We used to have peanut butter in the UK, until I ate it all.

AntsyVee
28-06-20, 02:03
We used to have peanut butter in the UK, until I ate it all.

:roflmao:Nice! ^5!

BlueIris
28-06-20, 05:11
Actually not funny ;) Some bright spark decided to create Marmite peanut butter, it's been a week since I bought a jar and there's a very small amount left because clearly, finishing a jar of peanut butter in a week would be depraved.

Pb, I'm sorry you're hurting, I really am, but one of the best ways to defeat anxiety is to connect with people, make friends and have a laugh.

pb
28-06-20, 14:30
Having pain in my left arm at the top, no chest pain.
The pain is similar to when I went to AnE 10 days ago, trying to stay calm. Think it is muscular, but every pain makes me think it’s my heart !!

pb
28-06-20, 16:45
Now the pain is in my right arm, I feel like I’m going mad..

Scass
28-06-20, 17:13
Aches, pains & feeling you’re going mad tick all the boxes of top anxiety symptoms.

Do you find anything helps calm you down?

pulisa
29-06-20, 17:53
Good luck with your tests tomorrow, pb. I'd advise having sedation and making the most of feeling calmer even though it will be drug-induced.

tana49
29-06-20, 18:56
I get pins and needles in hands, feet and face with anxiety - breathing exercises will help.

pb
01-07-20, 09:16
Good luck with your tests tomorrow, pb. I'd advise having sedation and making the most of feeling calmer even though it will be drug-induced.
Endoscopy and colonoscopy were normal ! Biopsies taken for celiac disease.
Really need to concentrate on my anxiety, this is no way to live..

Scass
01-07-20, 10:21
I’m glad they were normal.
I think we all say that after we’ve had normal test results, it really is no way to live x

pb
01-07-20, 13:25
Have got slightly sore throat , which I’m hoping is from endoscopy and normal , but beginning to panic !

BlueIris
01-07-20, 13:33
I have a slightly sore throat most days. Might be dust, might be reflux, not sure. This really isn't anything to worry about, especially the day after somebody shoved a tube down your neck.

pulisa
01-07-20, 13:49
Completely normal. No need to panic. You've had a tube down your throat after all..

Glad you had normal results. Please try not to latch on to any more perceived symptoms? What good does it do you?

Scass
01-07-20, 14:39
I had a sore throat, bloating and felt a bit beaten up for at least 24 hours after my endoscopy.

Inanna
01-07-20, 17:16
Thats really good news about your scope, pb, I'm really happy for you. Yes, sore throat is normal.. and wind as they blow air into your tummy (well they did mine)!

Inanna xx

pulisa
01-07-20, 17:54
So don't worry if you feel bloated or get referred pain in your shoulder from the colon..It's normal.

pb
01-07-20, 18:03
My throat, ear and teeth on one side are sore and I’m spiralling into what if this is corona, in such a panic!

BlueIris
01-07-20, 19:36
What are you going to do to bring yourself back down?

pb
02-07-20, 16:29
My throat is better, but my ear, jaw and teeth on one side are now hurting, I’ve had this before and think I may have tmj , but am really panicking..

Scass
02-07-20, 16:34
Why panic? You’ve been very tense, and probably held those muscles really taut throughout your procedures.

Do you listen to podcasts pb? I found the owning it one so helpful.

pb
02-07-20, 16:53
It’s just that it’s really painful

BlueIris
02-07-20, 17:03
In that case, you need to work on disengaging the pain sensation from the fear, as they're two separate things.

pb
02-07-20, 17:14
In that case, you need to work on disengaging the pain sensation from the fear, as they're two separate things.
I know, I always panic over every symptom. I’ve been very tense and grind my teeth, maybe with the procedures I’ve had on Tuesday.

BlueIris
02-07-20, 17:17
Try to start noticing when you're tense? I often have to consciously relax my jaw.

pb
02-07-20, 17:27
Try to start noticing when you're tense? I often have to consciously relax my jaw.
I’m going to try, I’m worried it’s an ear infection from the procedures, but it’s on the side where I’ve had pain before.

pb
02-07-20, 17:45
Has anyone had an ear infection after an gastrophy.

BlueIris
02-07-20, 17:48
You're starting to spiral again. Take a second and breathe.

pb
02-07-20, 17:53
You're starting to spiral again. Take a second and breathe.
I know, I’m so sorry, this is probably from grinding my teeth or tmj, I just feel so scared all the time.

pulisa
02-07-20, 17:57
What are scared about, pb? What do you think has been missed? Why aren't you relieved that your scopes were normal? It's great news.

BlueIris
02-07-20, 17:58
No need to apologize, pb, just try to employ some coping strategies.

pb
02-07-20, 18:00
What are scared about, pb? What do you think has been missed? Why aren't you relieved that your scopes were normal? It's great news.
Ian relieved , it’s just the teeth and ear pain now.

pulisa
02-07-20, 19:54
It'll always be the "it's just.." scenario though with HA. Truth is you need some sort of pain/symptom in your life because you are so used to having something to fixate on.

Scass
02-07-20, 20:40
In the podcast I was listening to yesterday she said that your body is releasing loads of cortisol when you’re in a high anxiety state & this is what makes your joints ache. It will maybe take time to calm down, but in the meantime you can accept you are feeling discomfort but not catastrophise it, just accept it and try and move on.

I would really recommend some grounding exercises and progressive muscle relaxation so you can start to understand where your tension is & how to relieve it.

pb
03-07-20, 16:42
now got pain in left arm, can’t go to AnE , went on Monday with right arm pain and two weeks earlier with left arm pain and chest pain. Had blood tests and ecgs, how can this be stress, the pain is real ...

BlueIris
03-07-20, 16:50
You're being ridiculous. Focus on your breathing and maybe try listening to the podcast Scass mentioned.

Stop telling yourself how bad you're feeling, and think of three good things in your life.

Midnight-mouse
03-07-20, 17:48
now got pain in left arm, can’t go to AnE , went on Monday with right arm pain and two weeks earlier with left arm pain and chest pain. Had blood tests and ecgs, how can this be stress, the pain is real ...

Because stress/anxiety is a real physical thing as well as a mental one, hence why the effects of it are too. The pain is real, but pain isn’t necessarily dangerous.

pb
03-07-20, 18:02
You're being ridiculous. Focus on your breathing and maybe try listening to the podcast Scass mentioned.

Stop telling yourself how bad you're feeling, and think of three good things in your life.
I am going to try the pod casts, I need to find a way to relax my arm muscles.
Reassurance from AnE is almost addictive, the drs have said my heart is fine and this was only on Monday, but maybe things have changed.
My life is very difficult at the moment, no job, elderly parents and little contact with anyone.

Scass
03-07-20, 18:43
Things haven’t changed, you just have a new thing to think about.
Do you have any hobbies? Any way of distracting yourself?

pb
04-07-20, 13:24
Going to try to sell some stuff on eBay today and to have a day that is not centred around my health.
Its really difficult, but I want a life that is calmer and happier. I will keep trying.
Thank you for all the helpful replies that I have had x

pulisa
04-07-20, 13:56
You really don't want to get into the habit of going to A&E to get a brief reassurance fix. It doesn't work, it puts you at risk of picking up whatever is going around and it's a terrible waste of NHS resources.

You sound really bored with your life? What would you like to do to fill the hours if you could choose anything?

pb
04-07-20, 18:46
You really don't want to get into the habit of going to A&E to get a brief reassurance fix. It doesn't work, it puts you at risk of picking up whatever is going around and it's a terrible waste of NHS resources.

You sound really bored with your life? What would you like to do to fill the hours if you could choose anything?
No going to AnE is not a good idea and I’m determined not to go again.
I am going to try to do some online courses, as not working at the moment.
Ear Pain is back at the moment, but trying to reassure myself that I’ve had this a few times and I think it probably is tmj, it’s just so hard to be rational. Every sore throat, ear or jaw pain is Covid, which I know is ridiculous as no temp or cough!
Lockdown has definitely made my HA much worse.
Trying to stop grinding my teeth, as this doesn’t help with the ear pain.
Iam lonely which doesn’t help...

pulisa
04-07-20, 19:43
No going to AnE is not a good idea and I’m determined not to go again.
I am going to try to do some online courses, as not working at the moment.
Ear Pain is back at the moment, but trying to reassure myself that I’ve had this a few times and I think it probably is tmj, it’s just so hard to be rational. Every sore throat, ear or jaw pain is Covid, which I know is ridiculous as no temp or cough!
Lockdown has definitely made my HA much worse.
Trying to stop grinding my teeth, as this doesn’t help with the ear pain.
Iam lonely which doesn’t help...

I'm sure it doesn't but you can't accept HA as a constant companion. It's a false friend. You may think it's part of you now and what would you do without it because it takes up a lot of time but you truly deserve a better life. I take it you are restricted by your parents' needs? What online courses are you interested in?

pb
05-07-20, 10:09
I use to work in a school and maybe will do some courses connected to this.
Im really spiralling this morning, my ear and jaw are hurting, I think it’s tmj as I had a panic attack this morning, but it’s painful and Im thinking covid again.
Living with elderly parents is difficult, I feel like my life is over.
Im tempted to order a covid test to just check ..

pb
05-07-20, 14:46
Getting pain in jaw and ear on other side now, this is too much to cope with.Can you imagine pain ..

venusbluejeans
05-07-20, 15:01
Can you imagine pain ..

Yes, almost certainly.... if you concentrate on something enough then the perceived thing happens

pb
05-07-20, 16:11
Getting spasms in my ear and jaw, what is going on ..

BlueIris
05-07-20, 16:26
You said it yourself, you're getting spasms in your ear and jaw. How was your eBay day yesterday?

pb
05-07-20, 16:34
I managed to put some stuff on.
I just panic over every symptom, I keep thinking ear infection, but I said that a few days ago and it disappeared.
Im so tense , maybe this is causing the spasms.
I feel like I can’t take much more..

BlueIris
05-07-20, 16:43
It's almost certainly tension, yes. If you can't take much more, then what's the plan to make a change?

pb
05-07-20, 17:31
I don’t know anymore, just had dinner and now got slight sore throat as a sharp roast potato caught my throat, now panicking again . ..

BlueIris
05-07-20, 17:40
Ask yourself why you're panicking when you have a clear cause and effect.

pulisa
05-07-20, 17:59
What would you do if you had no pain/symptoms/sensations? Would you feel strange/not "right"?

pb
05-07-20, 18:13
My life is so consumed with health anxiety and symptoms, I don’t know what I would do. My throat and ear are sore, maybe I have an infection. I keep thinking covid and my poor parents.
I have thought that maybe everyone would be better off without me.

Fishmanpa
05-07-20, 18:35
My life is so consumed with health anxiety and symptoms, I don’t know what I would do. My throat and ear are sore, maybe I have an infection. I keep thinking covid and my poor parents.
I have thought that maybe everyone would be better off without me.

PB... Please... I urge you... c (https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/mental-health-services/dealing-with-a-mental-health-crisis-or-emergency/)all (https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/mental-health-services/dealing-with-a-mental-health-crisis-or-emergency/) for some help. You've been hurting for a while and waiting for words on a screen to help quell your worry is far less effective than actually reaching out in real life. A real life person that's there to listen, offer support and help can do wonders.

Positive thoughts

pb
05-07-20, 20:35
I know that I need help, my anxiety is completely out of control.
My ear is really hurting now, I can’t be imagining the pain.
I really feel I no longer have a future, but I have my parents to consider.
Im in so much pain , physically and emotionally.

pulisa
05-07-20, 20:57
I have a chronic pain condition and the pain is far worse when I'm very stressed.

Emotional pain feeds physical pain. You have talked about your unbearable pain which has manifested itself in various parts of your body but nothing has been diagnosed as yet? Despite a whole barrage of tests. The mind-body connection is very powerful. I know you won't believe it but have a read of Dr John Sarno..even if you dismiss him out of hand? It's something to think about in view of your whole range of physical symptoms..

pb
06-07-20, 15:18
Mental health team are going to call tomorrow to arrange some more counselling.
I constantly jump from symptom to symptom and realise they must be psychosomatic, but it’s hard to control the panic.
I have pain in my right side now, but trying not to focus, maybe because I’ve stayed in bed all day today, as I have been feeling so depressed.

BlueIris
06-07-20, 15:19
I'm sorry, that sounds wretched. There's still time left today, though - why not get up and have a stretch and a cup of tea?

pb
06-07-20, 15:27
I'm sorry, that sounds wretched. There's still time left today, though - why not get up and have a stretch and a cup of tea?
Yes, I have just got up and made a cup of tea x

BlueIris
06-07-20, 15:43
Great start! ...I shouldn't really be preaching at you, I've got 15 minutes left at work today and I'm in dire need of a nap ;)

pulisa
06-07-20, 18:01
Do you feel better if you have some sort of structure/routine to your day? Lying in bed and ruminating does sound wretched and will just add to your low mood.

I hope the mental health team do ring tomorrow. You must chase them up if they don't ring by lunch time? Don't get fobbed off by the "long waiting list, difficult times" spiel

pb
07-07-20, 13:32
Have burning pain in my right hip and groin, had this at the end of May. Panicking about appendix, but when I spoke to my gp in May she said it sounded like hip problems. The symptoms are the same, I wish I could be rational.
Spoke to mental health team member, she wasn’t a clinician and said she will try to arrange a proper assessment for me.
She also said as you get older you get lots of aches and pains.
Have review with gp next week.
Every day I have a new symptom and they always feel real..

BlueIris
07-07-20, 13:41
Try referring to them as sensations and not symptoms? Most of the time they won't be symptomatic of anything.

pulisa
07-07-20, 14:10
Have burning pain in my right hip and groin, had this at the end of May. Panicking about appendix, but when I spoke to my gp in May she said it sounded like hip problems. The symptoms are the same, I wish I could be rational.
Spoke to mental health team member, she wasn’t a clinician and said she will try to arrange a proper assessment for me.
She also said as you get older you get lots of aches and pains.
Have review with gp next week.
Every day I have a new symptom and they always feel real..

Your brain is very used to looking for new sensations and fixating on them before the next sensation is registered and panic sets in and you automatically choose a worst case scenario situation..You need something to occupy the long hours you have to negotiate during the day..something to divert you from introspection and body checking. Does anything ever help you on this forum? Or do you just want to document all your aches and pains on here and go to the GP's regularly to get more and more tests until something is found? The problem is that many scans are very sensitive and will throw up benign incidental findings which will scare you all the more.

I hope you do get an assessment soon but there are often really long waiting lists. I think having appropriate help in real life could be really beneficial for you. Community mental health services can offer a range of services which could help you to live a better, less lonely life..and it must be very lonely just living with aches and pains and fear.

pb
07-07-20, 14:24
Your brain is very used to looking for new sensations and fixating on them before the next sensation is registered and panic sets in and you automatically choose a worst case scenario situation..You need something to occupy the long hours you have to negotiate during the day..something to divert you from introspection and body checking. Does anything ever help you on this forum? Or do you just want to document all your aches and pains on here and go to the GP's regularly to get more and more tests until something is found? The problem is that many scans are very sensitive and will throw up benign incidental findings which will scare you all the more.

I hope you do get an assessment soon but there are often really long waiting lists. I think having appropriate help in real life could be really beneficial for you. Community mental health services can offer a range of services which could help you to live a better, less lonely life..and it must be very lonely just living with aches and pains and fear.
The replies I get do help, although it must seem as though I just list my numerous symptoms daily.
I really try to take on board the advice I get.
I do need to find some activities to do, it’s soul destroying concentrating on health concerns and leads to despair.
Ive put some more ebay stuff on , this does give me something to do.
I know I’ve said this before, but I am very lonely and this definitely doesn’t help..

Inanna
07-07-20, 17:26
Try referring to them as sensations and not symptoms? Most of the time they won't be symptomatic of anything.

thats an excellent idea, I'm going to try to do just that

Inanna
07-07-20, 17:29
Hi pb

I completely get where you are coming from. Did you get the call from the Mental Health team?

Inanna xx

pb
07-07-20, 19:23
Hi pb

I completely get where you are coming from. Did you get the call from the Mental Health team?

Inanna xx
The person I spoke to just took some notes to pass on, she did say that I should get a mental health assessment, but it seems such a long process.
Ebay is a good way to sell bits and make some extra money.
It is so difficult to be rational with HA and to not catastrophize symptoms, my hip is really burning tonight and I’m thinking appendix , although I had the same symptoms last month and gp said it was a hip problem and you don’t get appendix in your hip !
I hope your doing ok x

pulisa
07-07-20, 19:48
Do you feel less lonely when you are having your perceived symptoms investigated? Does it give you something to do?

pb
07-07-20, 19:57
Do you feel less lonely when you are having your perceived symptoms investigated? Does it give you something to do?
No , it really increases my anxiety. My hip burning feels real .

pulisa
07-07-20, 20:01
So what about the chest/heart pain? The jaw/ear pain? The colon cancer/diverticulitis? Do you just fixate on one pain at a time or do you have whole body pain?

pb
07-07-20, 20:24
I only have one symptom at a time. When I was working, I was able to control my anxiety better. I had friends and resisted going to the drs all the time.
My sister is going to do my hair in the garden tomorrow, I have really let myself go.
I don’t have children , but I have nieces and nephews who use to come for sleepovers, I really miss them.
Im a real person, not just HA.
I feel my life has been taken away from me and maybe that’s why I focus on illness all the time.

pulisa
07-07-20, 20:57
Because you are the one who has to care for your parents?

Illness must give your life an alternative focus but it's obviously not a healthy option.

I hope you enjoy having your hair cut..You need some TLC and attention paid to the healthy you..and not a whole load of medical tests which reinforce the negative side of HA xx

Scass
08-07-20, 07:48
Of course you’re a real person and not just your HA. It’s a horrible thing to go through when you have a flare up.
I think we’ve all let ourselves go a bit in lockdown. I’ve been doing lots of facemasks in the bath (the soothing kind not the surgery kind!). Hope you feel better after your haircut.

Do you have time to do home study? There are lots of free courses for people to do in their own time that you can find online. Also it’s a nice time to find a hobby if you aren’t working.

BlueIris
08-07-20, 07:55
PB, if you're interested in learning to make jewellery, drop me a line. I'd be happy to teach you.

You can get through this.

pb
08-07-20, 09:21
Still getting the burning pain in my right side, it went when I went to bed last night.
Worried it’s appendix .

pulisa
08-07-20, 11:48
I only have one symptom at a time. When I was working, I was able to control my anxiety better. I had friends and resisted going to the drs all the time.
My sister is going to do my hair in the garden tomorrow, I have really let myself go.
I don’t have children , but I have nieces and nephews who use to come for sleepovers, I really miss them.
Im a real person, not just HA.
I feel my life has been taken away from me and maybe that’s why I focus on illness all the time.

You are a real person, not just HA.

Appendix pain doesn't go away when you sleep..but you know this. You don't need me to comment on your HA.

Hope you manage to get your hair done today and that it gives you a boost.

pb
08-07-20, 12:38
Hopefully will have my hair done this afternoon.
If I being rational , I think the pain is my hip, as gp said last time.
Trying not to panic, I’ve had hip problems in the past.
Gp is due to call next Wednesday for a review after I went to AnE, ( this was last Monday , I haven't been since) so if I still got the burning pain , I can discuss it with her.
The pain is on the outside of my hip and I’m trying to tell myself as the dr said last time, you do not get appendix on your hip.
I try not to keep taking pain killers for every ache and pain , as I would be taking them everyday !
I did go out this morning to the local shop and to the chemist for my dad x

pulisa
08-07-20, 13:42
That was a good thing to do. Any exercise is good for pain. Getting yourself moving and out of the house will give you a change of scene and people.

It must be hard caring for your parents and being immersed in an elderly world when you're not of that generation. You must feel frustrated by your role which would be quite understandable. Would you be able to consider some sort of a job either voluntary or paid if there were the opportunity?

pb
08-07-20, 13:52
Yes , I would like to work again. It’s so hard sitting all day concentrating on pain.
I have been sent a couple of links for employment opportunities and I’m going to have a look at them tomorrow.
My hip is really burning at the moment, not sure if my sister will come now to do my hair, but if she doesn’t she will come on Saturday, at least it forced me to wash my hair. I’ve become so bad at self care. I have started to eat more, which is good.
Think I will make a cup of tea and try to watch a film. Hope you are well and thank you for your replies, it really helps xx

Scass
08-07-20, 13:55
Glad that you are being proactive. Try setting a couple of goals each day, you’ve already done pretty well today!

pulisa
08-07-20, 14:02
Yes , I would like to work again. It’s so hard sitting all day concentrating on pain.
I have been sent a couple of links for employment opportunities and I’m going to have a look at them tomorrow.
My hip is really burning at the moment, not sure if my sister will come now to do my hair, but if she doesn’t she will come on Saturday, at least it forced me to wash my hair. I’ve become so bad at self care. I have started to eat more, which is good.
Think I will make a cup of tea and try to watch a film. Hope you are well and thank you for your replies, it really helps xx

It very hard to motivate yourself when you are depressed but it's really good news that you are thinking about work opportunities and are eating more. I hope you manage to get some relief from HA this afternoon-even if you can't concentrate for the entire film any form of positive distraction is an achievement xx

pb
08-07-20, 16:16
Panicking again, have some burning in groin but I had this last time with hip pain. Feel a bit sick as well.
I hope this isn’t appendix .

Inanna
08-07-20, 17:23
Hi pb

ive has my appendix out, and I can tell you that the pain of appendicitis is definitely not a burning type pain.

I hope this helps you settle your mind a little bit on that one

Inanna xx

pb
08-07-20, 17:28
Hi pb

ive has my appendix out, and I can tell you that the pain of appendicitis is definitely not a burning type pain.

I hope this helps you settle your mind a little bit on that one

Inanna xx
Yes it does, thank you xx

BrightPhoenix
08-07-20, 18:42
Went through your thread and I can sympathize. You'll be able to pull through this. I've been dealing with my own HA issues - I have this constellation of somewhat unrelated symptoms (or sensations) and my brain keeps going to the worst case scenario for all of them. I made a thread that got very few responses (my post was miles long, I guess people don't like reading novels lol). Your journey is very well documented and is a great read for HA sufferers. Since you post what is going through your mind it helps those of us relate to you, and even though this is an online space I'm hoping you don't feel alone in what you're dealing with.

Stay strong.

pb
08-07-20, 18:45
I’m trying to stay calm, but my groin, hip and knee are burning and I feel sick. Even I know you wouldn’t get a burning knee with appendix. Gp said last time it was my hip. If I really panic I feel sick.
When I went to AnE with chest pain, on one occasion the dr said I might have fibromyalgia, I’m not looking for another perceived illness, but I just have so many different pains.
When I was in my thirties, I had severe joint pain for a year and couldn’t work and on another few occasions I have had the same.
I realise that stress can cause pain , but it’s hard to believe this is all from anxiety.
My mum and sister have had appendix and have said I would definitely know if I had this.
I have the phone number for anxiety uk and was thinking maybe I should call them, as I’ve said before I am very lonely .

pb
08-07-20, 18:47
Went through your thread and I can sympathize. You'll be able to pull through this. I've been dealing with my own HA issues - I have this constellation of somewhat unrelated symptoms (or sensations) and my brain keeps going to the worst case scenario for all of them. I made a thread that got very few responses (my post was miles long, I guess people don't like reading novels lol). Your journey is very well documented and is a great read for HA sufferers. Since you post what is going through your mind it helps those of us relate to you, and even though this is an online space I'm hoping you don't feel alone in what you're dealing with.

Stay strong.
Thank you x

Scass
08-07-20, 19:17
Yes call anxiety uk, that’s a great idea. Or call the Samaritans for someone to talk to.
Did you listen to that podcast?

pulisa
08-07-20, 19:21
I’m trying to stay calm, but my groin, hip and knee are burning and I feel sick. Even I know you wouldn’t get a burning knee with appendix. Gp said last time it was my hip. If I really panic I feel sick.
When I went to AnE with chest pain, on one occasion the dr said I might have fibromyalgia, I’m not looking for another perceived illness, but I just have so many different pains.
When I was in my thirties, I had severe joint pain for a year and couldn’t work and on another few occasions I have had the same.
I realise that stress can cause pain , but it’s hard to believe this is all from anxiety.
My mum and sister have had appendix and have said I would definitely know if I had this.
I have the phone number for anxiety uk and was thinking maybe I should call them, as I’ve said before I am very lonely .

Why not give them a call? I don't think we are helping you on here? You have nothing to lose by contacting them and speaking to someone who can advise you and maybe suggest a local therapist who can help you in real life.

pb
09-07-20, 09:17
Was unable to get through to Anxiety Uk last night, might call the Samaritans today.
Still got burning pain , but I’ve had it before and it wasn’t appendix, think I would be in more pain.
The nausea has come back and chest pain.
This really is a nightmare .
Definitely not going to AnE, it doesn’t help and makes me worry about covid.
Feel like going to bed and staying there..

Scass
09-07-20, 13:14
Ok, you’ve got those pains. They come & go, what are you going to do?

pb
09-07-20, 13:20
Trying to keep busy and not focus on them, upper stomach on left side is burning now, but again trying to reassure myself this is not appendix .

pb
09-07-20, 13:33
It’s as though I need a pain to focus on , it’s so distressing .

pulisa
09-07-20, 14:01
It’s as though I need a pain to focus on , it’s so distressing .

You've hit the nail on the head, pb. It's something you have to acknowledge. It's become a way of life with you which is such a shame. Please try to contact Anxiety UK today? x

KK77
09-07-20, 16:30

You've been suffering with anxiety/panic for many years now so it doesn't surprise me that you've developed chronic pain. The body can only tolerate so much before mental illness manifests physically - usually as pain.

If your doc suspects fibromyalgia, you should ideally be referred to a pain clinic so you can be treated with meds to control symptoms. There are also non-med options which might suit you better.

No point suffering in silence anymore, pb.

pulisa
09-07-20, 17:55
Pain clinics also teach psychological ways to keep pain in the background. The aim is to get it to "background noise" level so that the brain isn't concentrating on it all the time. You do need another focus in your life to counteract functional pain though. Have you looked at those employment links yet?

AntsyVee
09-07-20, 18:17
You've been suffering with anxiety/panic for many years now so it doesn't surprise me that you've developed chronic pain. The body can only tolerate so much before mental illness manifests physically - usually as pain.

If your doc suspects fibromyalgia, you should ideally be referred to a pain clinic so you can be treated with meds to control symptoms. There are also non-med options which might suit you better.

No point suffering in silence anymore, pb.

KK stole the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I was going to say.

pulisa
09-07-20, 19:44
There's a huge waiting list for pain management clinics though and once you are seen it's months for services to be offered. At least that was my experience.

pb
10-07-20, 07:31
Thank you for your replies , I’ve just heard that I will have some school work in October and November.
Had quite a good evening, but have woken up with burning in my hip and feel sick.
Gp is calling on Wednesday to review my anxiety , but I will also tell her about the pain and nausea.
Feel that if it was my appendix I would be really ill by now, as this started on Tuesday.
Going to go to local shop this morning and will put some more stuff on eBay.
Will also try to look at employment links.

pb
11-07-20, 08:58
Pressed my stomach this morning and slightly to the right of my belly button felt tender. Now really worried it’s appendix.
Also feel really sick, but often feel sick in the morning.
Its my mums birthday today and my sister is coming.
Can pressing your stomach give you a appendix.
Ive become obsessed with every symptom , especially appendix. Hip and groin still burning.
Had chest pain this morning , but managed to reassure myself this is stress.
Can stress make you feel so sick.
Spoke to nurse practitioner on Thursday, she said if I continue to loose weight , I will have to have a ct scan, really don’t want this.
Stomach feels like it’s burning as well, this is a new symptom.
My anxiety is completely controlling my life.
I just need to know can you give yourself an appendix.

Scass
11-07-20, 09:41
Pb do you mind me asking how old you are?

I’m not answering your appendix question, I know that you’re anxious and upset but it’s a ridiculous question.

pb
11-07-20, 09:46
I’m in my fifties, a whole life wasted

BlueIris
11-07-20, 10:21
Also, sorry to be mean, but everyone has an appendix, apart from those who've already had it removed due to appendicitis.

Work on your anxiety and use your logical head.

pb
11-07-20, 10:40
I meant appendicitis , I’m stressed and scared, I do know the difference.
Im definitely going to stop prodding my stomach and try to enjoy today, as it’s my mums birthday x

pb
11-07-20, 14:05
I’m constantly posting and am in such a state nearly all of the time.
Ive got a small umbilical hernia and I think prodding my stomach has made it feel like it’s pulling.
All of my upper stomach muscles feel tight and I still think I might have appendicitis.
Im determined not to prod my stomach anymore, I did this with my leg and when I stopped , the pains stopped !
I just can’t enjoy anything anymore. My sister came this morning and I just felt resentful that’s it’s me with my parents.
My brother and nieces and nephews are coming this afternoon and I’ve brought a cake for mums birthday.
I don’t know how to control my anxiety and concerns over symptoms, I think everyone on here who’s has offered me advice must be completely fed up with me, to be honest I’m exasperated with myself...
I do think I’m suffering from somatic pain, but it always feels so real ..

pulisa
11-07-20, 14:10
I hope your mum is enjoying her birthday. She'd hate to think that your life was so consumed by fear of illness. Is your sister still going to give you that haircut? It may distract you and make you fell better?

pb
11-07-20, 14:14
Yes , she has cut my hair , I’ve got a fringe again which is good x

BlueIris
11-07-20, 14:17
Oh, that's great! Quite envious of you!

pulisa
11-07-20, 17:56
I have a fringe too! I've tried to trim it myself but I'm looking forward to getting it properly cut on July 30th!

I'm in my early sixties and find that a fringe hides a multitude of sins ie wrinkles in my case!:D

I hope your new look has perked you up a bit!

Scass
11-07-20, 19:43
I’m in my fifties, a whole life wasted

Not wasted.
But also, you’re of the age (and I’m not far behind you) where we do get more aches and pains.
Every day is a bonus, maybe you should start the day with some positive affirmations instead? You just need to change your habits, challenge those thoughts. Keep doing it.

pb
12-07-20, 08:07
I have a fringe too! I've tried to trim it myself but I'm looking forward to getting it properly cut on July 30th!

I'm in my early sixties and find that a fringe hides a multitude of sins ie wrinkles in my case!:D

I hope your new look has perked you up a bit!
Im glad I’ve got my fringe back, I definitely look better with one x

pb
12-07-20, 08:26
Not wasted.
But also, you’re of the age (and I’m not far behind you) where we do get more aches and pains.
Every day is a bonus, maybe you should start the day with some positive affirmations instead? You just need to change your habits, challenge those thoughts. Keep doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkl
Its difficult but I’m trying . My stomach is a bit tender where I have a small umbilical hernia, still worried about appendicitis, but trying to be rational.
Focusing on symptoms definitely makes them worse.
You are right as you get older you do get more aches and pains.

pb
12-07-20, 09:40
Panicking a bit at the moment as stomach feels like it’s burning and I’m jumping to appendicitis.
I know I focus on symptoms and this makes them worse.
Gp is calling on Wednesday to review my anxiety after my last AnE visit, which was a couple of weeks ago.
I wish gp surgeries were open again, it makes me feel safer, not to keep visiting , but to know i can if I need to.
Still worried that prodding my stomach has made my hernia tender, I have stopped doing this.

BlueIris
12-07-20, 10:12
Got any plans to do fun stuff today?

pb
12-07-20, 12:00
Got any plans to do fun stuff today?
No plans , but went out to buy a nice coffee.
Going to put some eBay stuff on and maybe watch a film.
Hip is really burning , but trying not to focus on the pain, also feel a bit dizzy.

pb
12-07-20, 18:05
I’ve had an ok day and have managed to stay relatively calm.
I have a small umbilical hernia that occasionally feels slightly painful.
Im now getting some pain from this and starting to panic again. In the past after a few days it just goes.
I prodded my stomach yesterday morning and feel this may have started it off.
Why can’t I just be rational and stop worrying so much .

Scass
12-07-20, 19:33
I don’t know. Have you challenged your thoughts today? Have you tried any methods of mindfulness or relaxation?

pulisa
12-07-20, 20:10
I’ve had an ok day and have managed to stay relatively calm.
I have a small umbilical hernia that occasionally feels slightly painful.
Im now getting some pain from this and starting to panic again. In the past after a few days it just goes.
I prodded my stomach yesterday morning and feel this may have started it off.
Why can’t I just be rational and stop worrying so much .

Because you aren't convinced that you're not terminally ill?

pb
13-07-20, 08:10
I really don’t think I have a terminal illness, I just don’t know what’s going on.
This morning I have woken up with hip, groin and buttock pain all on my right side.
Its scary to have so many symptoms and I’m sure some of it is muscular and age.
I know I keep mentioning appendicitis, but I’m sure by now I would be in agony.
I need to find a plan and stick to it.
I have no life and fixate on pain and symptoms.
Its exhausting to be so anxious all the time.
I think I am depressed as well and will discuss antidepressants with my gp again on Wednesday, really I want to manage without them, as side effects majorly increase my anxiety.

BlueIris
13-07-20, 08:33
At the risk of sounding flippant, you need to find yourself a hobby - something you love doing.

pulisa
13-07-20, 08:37
Boredom just leaves you open to constant rumination and worry. I appreciate that it's hard to be motivated when you're low but you really do need to find something to distract you which you actually enjoy, as BI suggests. Do you feel you have lost the ability to enjoy anything, pb?

pb
13-07-20, 08:45
I definitely have lost the ability to enjoy anything, I’ve got to post some eBay stuff this morning so will go out.
As I was putting the addresses on , I was constantly focusing on the pain I have.
I suppose I need to try to think that I can do things even if I have some pain.
Ive never really had hobbies, but I have a short story book that I’ve not read, maybe one story a day would be good x

BlueIris
13-07-20, 08:51
That would be good, but why not have a think about other things you might enjoy? My things are crafting, cooking and my pets, but other people are passionate about gardening or sport.

You've devoted your life to your parents, you deserve the chance to try new things. It's not surprising you're depressed if you're not learning and growing. I know I've asked this once before, but please get in touch with me if you think I can help you? I work in further education, with a side hustle in making and teaching jewellery, and one of the most important things in my life is not to let myself stagnate mentally.

pb
13-07-20, 08:55
That would be good, but why not have a think about other things you might enjoy? My things are crafting, cooking and my pets, but other people are passionate about gardening or sport.

You've devoted your life to your parents, you deserve the chance to try new things. It's not surprising you're depressed if you're not learning and growing. I know I've asked this once before, but please get in touch with me if you think I can help you? I work in further education, with a side hustle in making and teaching jewellery, and one of the most important things in my life is not to let myself stagnate mentally.
Thank you, my mum makes jewellery and loves it x

pulisa
13-07-20, 08:56
I have a chronic pain condition and just live with it. There's no point in dwelling on it. I just carry on as normal and I'm a carer.

pulisa
13-07-20, 09:14
Do give jewellery making a go, pb? Crafting is so therapeutic and concentrates the mind away from pain and fear xx

BlueIris
13-07-20, 09:19
I've been doing it for about 14 years now; it's taught me so much about being patient with myself and allowing myself to make mistakes. Sure, I was lousy at the start, but luckily I stuck with it and it's a source of joy and pride to me.

You deserve to feel proud of yourself, too.

pb
13-07-20, 10:34
A friend is going to send me some wool and a crochet hook, I use to crochet years ago.
Have pain behind my knee now, my mind goes to dvt.
I need to stop this , I really feel that I’m coming to the end of what I can cope with.
Will definitely try to explain everything to gp on Wednesday x

BlueIris
13-07-20, 10:37
You've been at the end of what you can cope with for months now, allegedly. You're still here.

You really need to stop with the negative self-talk because it's making everything so much worse. Pulisa's right; sometimes we just have to accept that a situation isn't perfect and get on with living.

pb
13-07-20, 10:56
You've been at the end of what you can cope with for months now, allegedly. You're still here.

You really need to stop with the negative self-talk because it's making everything so much worse. Pulisa's right; sometimes we just have to accept that a situation isn't perfect and get on with living.
That’s so true, a reality check is good, Thank you x

pb
13-07-20, 14:26
I’ve also ordered some wool and knitting needles from eBay , all for £6, pain behind knee has gone, but have burning pain on hip and over belly button.
I can’t be imagining all these pains.
I am really trying, I’ve seen people repeatedly post on here, but never move on from the HA, I don’t want this, I really don’t!

BlueIris
13-07-20, 14:34
You really need to drop the negative self-talk. There's every chance these could all be caused by anxiety, but even if they're not, it's very likely that there's nothing serious behind it.

pb
13-07-20, 14:47
You really need to drop the negative self-talk. There's every chance these could all be caused by anxiety, but even if they're not, it's very likely that there's nothing serious behind it.
Yes I know, in the past when I’ve worried about an illness , I’ve developed all the symptoms, even to loosing some sight in my eye when I thought I had ms, although only for a short while.
I know the mind is very powerful.
Im going to ask gp for medication, as I don’t think I can do this without.
Im going to make a cup of tea and watch some tv x

pulisa
13-07-20, 17:53
I think that if you could tell us what positive things you are doing without documenting all the aches and pains(which come and go and move around anyway) it may be more helpful for your day to day mood? Your positive wellbeing is more important than a catalogue of pain sensations x

pb
13-07-20, 18:02
I spoke to Anxiety Uk this evening , they have given me some helpful advice and it was nice to speak to someone, although it was a short call.
I know you said not to post all my symptoms , but I have groin pain and keep going to the loo this evening.

Scass
13-07-20, 19:14
Someone on Instagram starts the day with 5 things they are looking forward to that day, could you try that?

pulisa
13-07-20, 19:47
I spoke to Anxiety Uk this evening , they have given me some helpful advice and it was nice to speak to someone, although it was a short call.
I know you said not to post all my symptoms , but I have groin pain and keep going to the loo this evening.

You have said yourself that you need to have a pain to focus on. Why do you need this?

pb
14-07-20, 09:30
I don’t know why, this morning I’ve woken up with upper stomach pains and thinking gallstones.
I did have a scan for gallstones last August , but that was nearly a year ago.
The mornings are definitely the worse, with new symptoms and panic.
I need to find something to do today, I’ve started driving again, so may go for a short drive with my dad.
My fears are such a contradiction, I know my anxiety makes me focus on trivial symptoms that are probably irrelevant, but also I become convinced I have what ever illness I think they may indicate.

BlueIris
14-07-20, 09:33
Pb, can you try and answer Pulisa's question, maybe? If you have a think about it the answer may help you.

pb
14-07-20, 09:42
Pb, can you try and answer Pulisa's question, maybe? If you have a think about it the answer may help you.
I think it’s because I have nothing in my life, it’s all gone with corona virus, no seeing friends, going for coffee, work, shopping and I think underneath it all I’m very depressed.

BlueIris
14-07-20, 09:48
The good news is that it isn't forever. ADs can help, too, if you're feeling overwhelmed, as can a good therapist (if you're able to open up to them).

In the meantime, you need to find other things to do. Nothing like boredom to bring mental health issues to the surface.

Scass
14-07-20, 10:00
Anxiety is often worse in the mornings, especially if it’s been going unchecked.

pb
14-07-20, 11:42
My upper stomach muscles feel so sore today, I don’t know why ..

BlueIris
14-07-20, 11:45
Does posting your bodily sensations here several times a day make you feel better?

You say you don't want to go down the same route as the serial posters here, but you're following their behavioural patterns pretty much to a tee.

Fishmanpa
14-07-20, 11:54
Does posting your bodily sensations here several times a day make you feel better?

You say you don't want to go down the same route as the serial posters here, but you're following their behavioural patterns pretty much to a tee.

I posted as much several pages ago. Posting every niggle has become as much as an obsession as dwelling on every sensation and turning it into an illness. Many have suggested finding something to distract yourself from being logged onto the forum to no avail :shrug:

Positive thoughts

pb
14-07-20, 15:32
Anxiety is often worse in the mornings, especially if it’s been going unchecked.

I think that’s true, everyday I get up with a sense dread. I have been going out a bit more, only to the local shop or for coffee.
A month ago I spent all day in bed, so I feel that I am starting to make some progress, although it probably seems that I’m not. The symptoms that I get always seem so real and make me panic .

pb
14-07-20, 21:26
I’ve had bloating on the right side of my stomach for a few hours, I hope it’s not appendicitis, panicking as usual.

utrocket09
14-07-20, 23:21
I’ve had bloating on the right side of my stomach for a few hours, I hope it’s not appendicitis, panicking as usual.

Don't you think if it was your appendix, you would be much sicker by now? My friend had it and he couldn't even function from the pain.

pb
15-07-20, 09:19
The bloating has gone, but I’ve now got burning in hip and groin.
Ive been up most of the night as I keep having to go a wee.
Dr is calling at 10.

Lolalee1
15-07-20, 10:46
Why don’t you look into seeing a Psychiatrist,living like you do isn’t a life it’s time for some professional help a GP can’t help you with HA
Try not to post everyday and see how you go it is obvious that nothing anyone is telling you is working.x

pb
17-07-20, 08:19
Mental health support worker called yesterday and it’s been decided that I should have a review by a psychiatrist, it will probably be in a couple of weeks.
Today I have burning in the back of my knee, a tender stomach and I keep coughing, I have had a cough on and off for four months and goes when I’m in bed.
Of course I’ve now diagnosed myself with a dvt and corona .
Was thinking that I didn’t really need a review by a psychiatrist, but maybe I do, but maybe I have got covid and a dvt.
Its so difficult.

pulisa
17-07-20, 08:34
I thought you had appendicitis? You would be very unlucky to have covid and a dvt simultaneously along with all your other numerous issues..

What are you doing today? Do you have any plans to go out for a coffee?

pb
17-07-20, 08:43
Yes I am going for a coffee and I have to go to the chemist to scan some statements for my parents.
I know I post so many posts with numerous pains and illnesses, it’s so hard to know what’s real.
I have got a small umbilical hernia and I think sometimes that pulls and causes some of the pain, I’ve had the hernia for years and because it’s very small I don’t need treatment.
Spoke to my gp on Wednesday, I am worried that something will be missed eventually , because of the numerous complaints..
I have to do another stool sample, just to check , my colonoscopy was normal but they want me to do another test.
Going to my sisters on Sunday , we will stay in the garden, this will be my first trip out in four months.
I am trying to help my self and I have not been staying in bed..

pb
17-07-20, 09:58
Back of knee is really burning, I’m worried it’s a dvt, but I’ve had this a few times over the past couple of months , so surely it wouldn’t come and go.
Ive got no swelling, redness or pain in my calf.
Maybe it’s the way I’m sitting.
Im so fed up with feeling scared all the time ..

Lolalee1
17-07-20, 11:36
Mental health support worker called yesterday and it’s been decided that I should have a review by a psychiatrist, it will probably be in a couple of weeks.
Today I have burning in the back of my knee, a tender stomach and I keep coughing, I have had a cough on and off for four months and goes when I’m in bed.
Of course I’ve now diagnosed myself with a dvt and corona .
Was thinking that I didn’t really need a review by a psychiatrist, but maybe I do, but maybe I have got covid and a dvt.
Its so difficult.

By your posting you really need a review by a Psychiatrist,no maybes you do you need to get your life back to some kind of normal.x

pb
17-07-20, 12:59
I’m really panicking, behind my knee is really burning, I have had this before , but worried it’s a dvt and if I leave it I will die.

BlueIris
17-07-20, 13:34
How can we help with this?

pulisa
17-07-20, 13:36
I’m really panicking, behind my knee is really burning, I have had this before , but worried it’s a dvt and if I leave it I will die.

You've had it before and you're still alive.

pulisa
17-07-20, 13:43
Yes I am going for a coffee and I have to go to the chemist to scan some statements for my parents.
I know I post so many posts with numerous pains and illnesses, it’s so hard to know what’s real.
I have got a small umbilical hernia and I think sometimes that pulls and causes some of the pain, I’ve had the hernia for years and because it’s very small I don’t need treatment.
Spoke to my gp on Wednesday, I am worried that something will be missed eventually , because of the numerous complaints..
I have to do another stool sample, just to check , my colonoscopy was normal but they want me to do another test.
Going to my sisters on Sunday , we will stay in the garden, this will be my first trip out in four months.
I am trying to help my self and I have not been staying in bed..

Why do you need to do another stool test? Your scope was normal. What are they "checking" for?

I can understand that you are worried that something will be missed because of your HA. Isn't this motivation to learn to reassure yourself rather than overusing the GP and NHS? Of course they are going to dismiss everything as "just anxiety" because your symptoms change by the day/hour even..

pb
17-07-20, 13:47
They want to check for blood, I didn’t ask for the second test.
Yes , I have had the behind my knee burning pain before, it wasn’t a dvt"
My symptoms change daily and they all feel real.

pulisa
17-07-20, 14:01
I'm sure they do feel real but it doesn't mean they are significant or indicate disease.

pb
17-07-20, 14:51
Everyone’s fed up with me. My knees really burning and it’s worse when I walk, I know I’ve had this before.
I think even my gp is fed up with me, she said she will contact me by sms now, although I have got a review appointment in two weeks that she asked me to book !
Im not imagining the pains.
I cant seen anyway out of this.

BlueIris
17-07-20, 14:58
You need to pay attention to what people are saying here. Stop talking about your aches and pains all the time; we all have weird body stuff going on.

Find something more productive to focus on - maybe look at charity volunteering as a way you can get back into the workplace.

Recovering from health anxiety is hard, and even once the worst has passed you need to be vigilant. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help.

pulisa
17-07-20, 17:27
Everyone’s fed up with me. My knees really burning and it’s worse when I walk, I know I’ve had this before.
I think even my gp is fed up with me, she said she will contact me by sms now, although I have got a review appointment in two weeks that she asked me to book !
Im not imagining the pains.
I cant seen anyway out of this.

I think your GP needs to realise that all this contact with her just perpetuates your HA.

The way out of this lies with you, pb. No quick fixes. The first thing to think about is how you use this forum. Documenting your aches and pains is food and drink for HA.

pb
17-07-20, 17:28
I spoke to on call dr, my symptoms do not sound like a dvt , he also said stress can heightened pain.

Scass
17-07-20, 17:30
We’ve all told you that before.
No-one is fed up with you, we just don’t know how to help. You need to break your cycle.

pb
17-07-20, 17:49
We’ve all told you that before.
No-one is fed up with you, we just don’t know how to help. You need to break your cycle.

Thank you Scass, I know I’m the only one who can break this destructive cycle.
Tomorrow is a new day, I want the old me back, yes I had HA, but not to this extreme x

pulisa
17-07-20, 19:54
Have a look at the location of trigger points throughout the body..You may find that a lot of your pain correlates to these areas?

pb
18-07-20, 08:20
Have a look at the location of trigger points throughout the body..You may find that a lot of your pain correlates to these areas?
My pain does seem to be around the trigger points, my hip, ,ribs, chest , groin and knee , mostly the pain is burning.
I think it’s worth mentioning to my gp next time I speak to her, although I think she’s fed up with me.
My wool should come to day, really going to try not to focus on my pains x

pulisa
18-07-20, 08:32
I have a lot of burning pain too but am able to carry on as normal. I see it as an annoying inconvenience but nothing more...because it isn't.

I used to do a lot of knitting-it's really therapeutic! Hope it arrives today-what are you going to make?x

pb
18-07-20, 08:50
I have a lot of burning pain too but am able to carry on as normal. I see it as an annoying inconvenience but nothing more...because it isn't.

I used to do a lot of knitting-it's really therapeutic! Hope it arrives today-what are you going to make?x
Im going to try to crochet a small blanket to start with.

pulisa
18-07-20, 13:57
That sounds like a really good plan! I never got beyond knitting....What colours have you ordered?

BlueIris
18-07-20, 14:02
I'm so in awe of anyone who can crochet!

pulisa
18-07-20, 14:11
I'm so in awe of anyone who can crochet!

Me too! It all looks very complicated and intricate!

AntsyVee
18-07-20, 17:43
When I had a 10-day hospital stay, years ago, I did some embroidering. It really passed the time, and helped me deal with the edginess and boredom.

pulisa
18-07-20, 18:51
When I had a 10-day hospital stay, years ago, I did some embroidering. It really passed the time, and helped me deal with the edginess and boredom.

Yes I can imagine it would, Vee. You've really got to concentrate so it blocks out all those pesky doubting thoughts which seek to terrorise!

There's such a lot to be said about the creative arts..Pity I missed out on the creative gene though!:D

pb
18-07-20, 19:23
I ordered pastel colours, but the wool didn’t arrive, hopefully Monday x

pulisa
18-07-20, 19:30
Is the blanket going to be a gift for someone or for you?

I hope you have an enjoyable time at your sister's tomorrow..I'm sure you will be pleased to get out and about. Will you see your nieces and nephews?

pb
18-07-20, 19:37
The blanket is just to practice. Yes , I will be seeing my nephew and nieces. Really trying not to post symptoms today x

Fishmanpa
18-07-20, 20:26
My wife does all sorts of cloth related crafts. From knitting to crocheting to jewelry to painting etc. She's an artist in the finest sense. Our home is decorated with her work and we sleep under blankets she's made :) She can literally spend the entire day working on a project with total focus. She's been making masks for the last few months and selling and giving them away to those in need. Heck, I have a color coordinated collection for work ;)

Dive into this. Learn from Youtube videos and such. Having something that inspires you is so vitally important in life. For me, its music. For my wife, its artistic creativity. I hope this is that for you.

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
18-07-20, 20:51
Pity I missed out on the creative gene though!:D

You know, compared to others' in my family, who actually have made careers out of the arts, my creations looked like crap. But I don't care. And over the years, as I've kept at it, much of my embroidery actually looks like what it's supposed to be, and I can now hang a few paintings on the wall LOL It's never too late to start. The more you do it, the better you get.

AntsyVee
18-07-20, 20:52
My wife does all sorts of cloth related crafts. From knitting to crocheting to jewelry to painting etc. She's an artist in the finest sense. Our home is decorated with her work and we sleep under blankets she's made :) She can literally spend the entire day working on a project with total focus. She's been making masks for the last few months and selling and giving them away to those in need. Heck, I have a color coordinated collection for work ;)

Dive into this. Learn from Youtube videos and such. Having something that inspires you is so vitally important in life. For me, its music. For my wife, its artistic creativity. I hope this is that for you.

Positive thoughts

I wish we lived closer so I could invite myself over to your house :/

Lolalee1
19-07-20, 10:14
I will invite myself over and bring my drawings of stick figures:Dand my home made masks.

AntsyVee
19-07-20, 19:14
OMG, Lola, it's probably good you and I live in separate continents. I have a feeling that if you and I ever got together, we'd get into so much trouble we'd be on the news LOL

Fishmanpa
19-07-20, 19:30
OMG, Lola, it's probably good you and I live in separate continents. I have a feeling that if you and I ever got together, we'd get into so much trouble we'd be on the news LOL

Like the NMP Thelma and Louise? :shades:

Positive thoughts

pulisa
19-07-20, 20:39
Hope you had a good day, pb? Are you able to talk to your sister at all about your HA?

AntsyVee
19-07-20, 21:37
Like the NMP Thelma and Louise? :shades:

Positive thoughts

Pretty much ;) But with more Thelma and less Louise LOL

pb
20-07-20, 10:01
Hope you had a good day, pb? Are you able to talk to your sister at all about your HA?

Yes, had a lovely day thank you. Not able to talk to sister about HA.
Getting scary symptoms this morning, but determined not to post about them or go to AnE, went to post office this morning and for a coffee.Hopefully my wool will come today, I need to take one day at a time x

Scass
20-07-20, 11:01
Glad you had a nice day.
It’s not that you shouldn’t post the symptoms, it’s more that you should recognise them for what they are and move on. Your body is constantly in fight or flight mode - hence your muscles are tense and you will get all sorts of aches and pains. I have had heartburn most dats for 2 weeks because I let my anxiety get the better of me. It happens to us all.

Lolalee1
20-07-20, 11:58
Getting scary symptoms this morning, but determined not to post about them or go to AnE, went to post office this morning and for a coffee.Hopefully my wool will come today, I need to take one day at a time x

Yep one day at a time x and hope you get your wool and enjoyed your coffee.
You will get better with the right therapy pb.X:D

Lolalee1
20-07-20, 12:02
Pretty much ;) But with more Thelma and less Louise LOL

Oh!My favourite movie:yesyes:and the soundtrack,Marianne Faithful has an album called Why’d You Do It,have a listen Vee:D

pulisa
20-07-20, 13:48

Yes you do and it's great that you recognise that. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday-you have to have a lot of trust in someone in order to open up and talk about painful issues. I'm not able to either.

Let us know about the wool..I'd be looking forward to starting that new project..I may well order some wool myself! xx

pb
21-07-20, 09:59
Struggling with lots of pains this morning, trying to remind myself that the pains come and go and unlikely to be serious.
Going to go for a walk and get a coffee.
Not doing great with the crocheting as it’s been so long since I’ve done this, but I will carry on with it.

Lolalee1
21-07-20, 11:03
I am hopeless at crocheting and knitting I don’t have patience for it.

How was your walk and coffee?x

Midnight-mouse
21-07-20, 11:08
Struggling with lots of pains this morning, trying to remind myself that the pains come and go and unlikely to be serious.
Going to go for a walk and get a coffee.
Not doing great with the crocheting as it’s been so long since I’ve done this, but I will carry on with it.

I crochet, if there’s anything you need help with drop me a line! I can help [emoji3526] hope your walk and coffee was good! I miss coffee but it definitely doesn’t play well with me remaining as stable as possible, I have lots of very tasty tea though.

pulisa
21-07-20, 13:40
I don't drink coffee either but love leaf tea! Coffee makes me feel very jittery.

Midnight-mouse
21-07-20, 14:22
I don't drink coffee either but love leaf tea! Coffee makes me feel very jittery.

Definitely get the jitters with coffee and fizzy drinks! And much more anxious thoughts along with it. Mr Midnight and I have a subscription for leaf tea mixes to be sent to us every month on top of our favourite blends we’ve already tried. Makes me very happy, plus I’ve missed caffeine!

pulisa
21-07-20, 17:49
Sounds lovely! I order tea from Chiswick Tea-the organic earl grey and mao feng green tea..Small pleasures but really therapeutic!

AntsyVee
21-07-20, 18:49
Do any of your have a Keurig? What kind of Keurig teas or coffees do you like best?

pb
21-07-20, 19:37
I only have one coffee a day and then tea.
I keep getting spasms in the right side of my chest and back, I’m trying not to go to AnE, as I’ve been with similar symptoms , but I’m really scared..

pulisa
21-07-20, 19:47
A&E is for genuine emergencies not muscle spasms Why are you scared of muscle spasms?

pb
21-07-20, 19:49
A&E is for genuine emergencies not muscle spasms Why are you scared of muscle spasms?
Because there painful and I’m scared it’s my heart, although I know I’ve been checked so many times.
I was thinking maybe gallstones, but I had a scan last August and the pain is in my chest. I know anxiety can cause these spasms but it’s hard to relax .

Midnight-mouse
21-07-20, 22:33
Because there painful and I’m scared it’s my heart, although I know I’ve been checked so many times.
I was thinking maybe gallstones, but I had a scan last August and the pain is in my chest. I know anxiety can cause these spasms but it’s hard to relax .

Pain doesn’t mean serious. Pain is quite frankly just a part of life, if you’re not hyper-focused it just comes and goes and doesn’t impact the day. I’ve been there, I’m far from fully recovered from all aspects of my illnesses but health anxiety is one I kicked to the curb a good few years ago, it’s hard work but you can do it.

(Also Pulisa, we order from Bird and Blend, they have a shop near me with a whole wall of 90+ blends of tea, it’s fabulous!)

BlueIris
22-07-20, 04:57
I'm making note of all these suggestions for tea suppliers!

PB, for what it's worth, this past week or so I've been getting muscle spasms around my ribs that are so bad the pain stops me breathing. It's happened once before, and it went away on its own eventually. It's vile, but it's more of a nuisance than anything. Unpleasant and serious are two very different things.

pb
22-07-20, 08:03
I seem to be spiralling again, spasms got better when I went to bed.
Now have spasms in chest, back and slightly in ribs.
What if it never gets better.
My nieces and nephew are coming round later to play in the garden, I want to be a good aunt.
I know I should try to do stretching , I keep thinking gallstones, but I had a scan in August, although it was almost a year ago.
Feeling a bit sick , but I think this is anxiety.
Thank you for your replies, I know your trying to help me x

pulisa
22-07-20, 08:06
You're so lucky to live near that tea treasure trove, MM!

Remember what you said about not wanting HA to rule your life, pb? Self-diagnosing, catastrophising and constant rumination will make any unpleasant sensation feel a lot more pronounced.

pulisa
22-07-20, 08:07
Stretching helps me a lot with my pain syndrome. Worth giving it a go...

Don't let HA sabotage your day! xx

pb
22-07-20, 08:44
Thank you, I will try the stretching x

pb
22-07-20, 09:30
Had to go out to the shop and was getting chest pain, now so scared it’s my heart and I feel sick.
Ive had so many ecgs and blood test, can anxiety really do this..

BlueIris
22-07-20, 09:37
Turn your logical head on and look at the evidence. What do you think?

pb
22-07-20, 09:43
Turn your logical head on and look at the evidence. What do you think?
Yes, I know, but every time it happens it feels so real and I think this is the real heart attack.
Ive also seen lots of posts from other people on here, saying that they thought they were having a heart attack and it was stress.
The nurse at AnE told me stress can cause chest pain, I haven’t been again , my last ecg was three weeks ago.
I want to enjoy my time with my nephew and nieces, but this fear and pain is so real x

BlueIris
22-07-20, 10:19
Which is why you need to work on your anxiety, and to keep working at it for weeks and months.

I get that it's hard, but that doesn't mean that it isn't absolutely essential.

pb
22-07-20, 10:51
Went for a decaf coffee and got chest pain, now think it might be angina.
Had a look at my old chest pain thread and I thought I had angina then as well.

Fishmanpa
22-07-20, 11:49
Serious question. Other than the reassurance which ultimately keeps you in this negative cycle of anxiety, what are you getting from this pb?

Positive thoughts