PDA

View Full Version : Chest problem (air embolism?)

Delilah001
25-06-20, 04:03
I woke up to a huge bang and a car drove off full speed after i woke up. (I live in a crap area).

When i woke up however i drew a very big deep breath into my body and my chest feels raspy and bubbly sort of a tickly wheezy feeling.
I read that an air embolism can cause this feeling plus i had heart palpatations after trying to go to sleep - i was already calm at this point and randomly my heart starts having palpatations.
What do you guys think?

AntsyVee
25-06-20, 04:13
D, you know this is just your HA. You've been on an HA spiral for like two weeks at least now. You need to use what you learned and used before to stop this latest downturn.

Plus you're also going to get yelled at by admin for starting yet another thread...

Delilah001
25-06-20, 11:57
Thing is i get reassurance from replies when i post on my other threads no one will respond to them so i make new threads.
If im anxious and scared i want answers as soon as possible.
Im sorry if that sounds rude its just my anxiety is soooo high at the moment

BlueIris
25-06-20, 12:08
Nobody thinks you're being rude, but you're disregarding the mods. They may choose to take action and merge all your threads to help you get a better perspective on your health concerns.

AntsyVee
25-06-20, 17:23
Thing is i get reassurance from replies when i post on my other threads no one will respond to them so i make new threads.
If im anxious and scared i want answers as soon as possible.
Im sorry if that sounds rude its just my anxiety is soooo high at the moment

No, you're not being rude, but the thing is, D, people aren't responding to you because they know you're in the middle of an HA spiral. No one thinks you're dying, and they don't want to give you mindless reassurance that will only keep your spiral of HA going.

AntsyVee
25-06-20, 17:28
I see you deleted your "Small Steps to Success" post in success stories. Why? You had some really great advice in there that you should be following now, D. Just because you have a setback, it doesn't mean that you've failed.

Delilah001
25-06-20, 23:48
Its just feels horrible when you have fallen backwards in all of this mess.
Its just i want to fully recover but its hard doing so.
My issues feel like real problems and i never want a boy who cried wolf story because of my anxiety.

Like rn i have a weird feeling in my left leg ive had a fear of biid which is when you feel like a certain body part doesnt belong to you (in this case my leg feel like its not mine) so people opt for amputation.
Now, i have dp/dr but this isnt it at all i legit feel at times that my leg feels off and strange and i often wonder about what amputation would be like.
Im scared that in the future i would really want it off.
Not to mention most biid patients hate their left limbs mostly due to their brains functioning or whatnot.

Fishmanpa
26-06-20, 00:37
Delilah, you have understand that you're shooting yourself in the foot by constantly posting symptom after symptom and thread after thread. You're reassurance seeking and its detrimental to taking a step forward. You're following the same HA behaviors and patterns I've seen here time and time again over the years. Ultimately its up to you to contain the urge to seek reassurance. It will mean sitting with the uncomfortable feelings your anxiety is causing and resist the urge to post for reassurance, but each time you do so, you'll be taking a step toward recovery.

Positive thoughts