PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety around checking/self care

Jessxxx1
27-06-20, 08:19
Hi everyone,
I've had HA for many years - it's got better over the last 4 or so as I have learned coping mechanisms. However, I really struggle with checking my boobs... I just can't bring myself to check them because I'm afraid of finding something. I'm almost 40 and this last week a family friend passed away from breast cancer so I know I need to start taking greater responsibility... But checking them beyond a quick brush over just makes me feel awful (had inappropriate touching as a child and think it's linked to that). I hope that makes sense... Does anyone have similar? Or offer any tips or advice in how to deal with this issue? Thanks

BrokenGirl
28-06-20, 15:06
Hi everyone,
I've had HA for many years - it's got better over the last 4 or so as I have learned coping mechanisms. However, I really struggle with checking my boobs... I just can't bring myself to check them because I'm afraid of finding something. I'm almost 40 and this last week a family friend passed away from breast cancer so I know I need to start taking greater responsibility... But checking them beyond a quick brush over just makes me feel awful (had inappropriate touching as a child and think it's linked to that). I hope that makes sense... Does anyone have similar? Or offer any tips or advice in how to deal with this issue? Thanks
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice here, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm the exact same when it comes to checking my breasts. It's causing me horrific anxiety and I don't know how to deal with it. I checked them a few days ago and found something, again. I know how important it is to check them, but the anxiety it's causing me is getting too much.
I hope someone offers some advice to you how to get around this.
If you need to talk you can message me xx