PDA

View Full Version : Something in throat by uvula

honeyp1e
30-06-20, 11:02
I’ve been so good for a long time now but then about two weeks ago I got this feeling like a ball of phlegm or something is stuck by my uvula (as I’ve been calling it the dangly piece in throat lol) it’s getting to a point it’s ruining my life right now (I have emetiphobia/ phobia of vomiting ) an now and then I feel like the feeling will make me gag.. am just wondering if anyone else gets this and how to get rid of it??
It’s really stressing me out constantly swallowing to try removing it but still waking with it the next day 😭😭

Scass
30-06-20, 12:08
It’s such a common anxiety symptom, I think it’s called globus.
Just try to accept it’s there but then try and ignore it. Constant swallowing or throat clearing may make it worse. The point is to let it go x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight-mouse
30-06-20, 12:36
I find not coughing or trying to swallow makes it easier, I’m also emetophobic. I find a nice cup of hot tea to help quite a lot.

honeyp1e
30-06-20, 13:20
I find not coughing or trying to swallow makes it easier, I’m also emetophobic. I find a nice cup of hot tea to help quite a lot.

It’s worse wen it feels so big I get the gaggy feeling then I panic more thinking omg am gonna b sick etc xx