PDA

View Full Version : i've got a job interview!!!

littlemiss_sunshine
23-10-07, 14:27
arrrrggghhh help please, i've got a job interview at DEBANHAMS on thursday!! i'm not sure what to do, they rang me up today and i was kinda surprised i didnt know what to say.
i'm kinda concerned about my confidence and what they'll think of me. please can anyone give me some pointers??
i've only been going to yoga classes not done much more than that!:shrug:

domino
23-10-07, 14:30
Well first of all well done for getting an interveiw, practise your breathing,maybe do a half hour yoga session before you go to relax yourself, good luck, and let us knowhow it went.:hugs:

pips
23-10-07, 15:13
Wishing you Loadsa Luck.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)

Take Care,:flowers:

Love Pip'sX X

Anna77
23-10-07, 15:32
Well done for getting an interview :)

Maybe Bach Rescue Remedy might help? I had a job interview too recently, and found that it really did make me feel much less stressed out.

Good luck! :hugs:

Anna x

littlemiss_sunshine
23-10-07, 16:30
well thing is i'v not much confidence/self-esteem right now, i've not done much yet. what am i suppose to tell them?? i'm so not ready! but i want this job cs iv financial difficulty right now.
shud i tell them about my anxiety etc? i feel that they might judge me like everyone else has, has anyone else been thru this? has anyone else found it hard to find a job because of this?

honeybee3939
23-10-07, 18:52
Ohh Great to hear about your job interview:yesyes: :yesyes:

hope it all goes well for you hun, i agree with the others, rescue remedy is great for calming the nerves.

Lets us know how it goes.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Dave777
23-10-07, 18:55
Hi LittleMiss S.
Pay attention to how you present yourself, smartly dressed.
Show you are keen to learn the Job.
Check your CV to see what questions they may ask about it.

Don't get too uptight, we are all rooting for you

Good Luck:yesyes: :flowers:

PS get there early ! lol:winks:

Anna77
23-10-07, 18:58
I personally wouldn't tell them about your anxiety at the interview stage. In an ideal world you'd be able to be honest with everyone without being judged derogatively, but well, this isn't an ideal world(!)

If your employer/s are understanding maybe you could have a word with them about it, after you've worked for them a while.

Try and stay calm and positive (easier said than done i know) and i'm sure you'll sail through it :hugs:

littlemiss_sunshine
23-10-07, 20:25
hey thanks guys, i'll keep u posted on what happens. still a bit nervous, scared that i'll make a fool of myself, but before the interview i'v got a yoga class, maybe it'll help (i'm counting on it to do so!) x

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:57
Hi,

My advice is as follows:

1) Dress appropriately for the position
2) Take a resume'
3) Be early
4) Before going on interview write down questions you think they may ask and think of any answers and say them out loud
5) Think of any goals you may have for the future or what you may want to do in the next 5 years because some employers ask this question so have an answer ready
6) Have an answer ready as to why you want to work there
7) Have an answer ready as to why you left your last job if you had one
8) Have an answer ready as to why you have been unemployed as long as you have (if there has been a break in between jobs)

Now, if they ask if you want to ask any questions, I would advise the following:

1) What are the qualifications you are looking for in the position?
2) What is the salary range for the position?

I used to work in Human Resources and these questions were frequently asked among others, I honestly have no idea what you are applying for, just thought this might help. Good luck and let us know how it goes. The best adivice is to just be yourself.

I would not tell them about your anxiety in the interview process. I would tell your supervisor when you get the position.

Hugs,

Laura

erialc
23-10-07, 21:50
oh well done on getting the interview!!!!!!

Top tip - how ever scared/nervous/anx you are - SMILE :)

Dress nice and in something you feel smart in (will help with ur confidence)

Good Luck with it!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LucyR
23-10-07, 22:06
I once had an interview for Debenhams, and it then involved a test which lasted for hours!! Like an attitude and Customer Service thing. I would just dress quite smartly, appear confident, even though you are not, because I think you need to quite outgoing to work for Debenhams, I didn't get my one, that was years ago!! No, don't tell them anything about anxiety etc. because I think that may count you out straight away! Good Luck.

Lindalou64
24-10-07, 00:56
Well Done Im Sure You Will Do Fine,its The Anticaption Of Going That Has You Worked Up I Know Ya Can Do It I Wish Ya The Best....linda

littlemiss_sunshine
30-10-07, 19:35
Iv Got The Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im So Scared/nervous/excited/shit Scared Again

Arrrggghhhh, I Cant Believe It
Iv Bin Out Of Work For Ages, I Cant Believe I Got The Job!!!!!!

I Didnt Tell Them About My Anxiety In The Interview- When Should I Tell Them?

Southern_Belle
30-10-07, 19:49
:yahoo: Congratulations. You know what I would tell my Supervisor when you need to because you might not ever have to tell them. Unless you need specific needs to do your job they may not ever have to know. If you do, I would tell the person who who directly work for. Again, my congrats and you will be fine. Tell us all about your first day. :yesyes:

Love,

Laura

erialc
30-10-07, 20:05
:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::y esyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yes yes:

Well Done!!

I hope you enjoy working there am really pleased for you

Claire xxx

sandlin
30-10-07, 22:15
Congratulations - well done you

Linda xx

groovygranny
31-10-07, 21:46
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u284/SONPARI/Congratulations.gif Sunshine !!!

You should feel so proud of yourself - and I agree you should tell your Supervisor as and when you need to. Look what you've achieved so far - don't anticipate things too far ahead, just enjoy your success !!

big hugs:flowers::flowers::flowers:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

pips
31-10-07, 23:00
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/yourspacecooment/congrats/19.gifOn the New Job I hope it goes well for you.

Take Care.

Love Pip's X X

littlemiss_sunshine
06-11-07, 23:41
hiya, awww thank you so much guys!!
thought i'd give u an update on how i'm going. its my 4th day on the job. finding it exhausting, but i'v got the hang of it. i was quite anxious at first but every morningi do bit of exercise whether its walking or a bit of yoga. i still find it daunting cos of the people there. but im hanging in there.
im not confident yet but at least i know my job and wat to do.
x

mirry
07-11-07, 10:12
well done , I am so pleased for you :winks: .