PDA

View Full Version : Waking Up With Strange Feelings

Trbfan
04-07-20, 15:16
Does anyone else get this? It generally only happens when I get woken up suddenly, usually when its within 3 hours of me falling asleep, it usually only happens when I wake up with my throat squeezing issue , but today its happened randomly.

So I wake up suddenly, and I will feel extremely bad from the second I wake up. Its like my body will be buzzing from head to toe, things will be numbish, or have a numb sensation, especially my lips, head, hands, and feet. I will have a huge amount of internal tremors. My skin will kind of have a burning feeling too.I will feel like im close to passing out, but never have. Usually at first I'll be lightheaded if I stand but again, never passed out, some of that I assume is being partially asleep. Its a horrible horrible feeling, and usually lasts at least 30 minutes, to an hour and then it will just gradually go away. Its usually atleast an hour from waking until I begin to start feeling normal.This morning I woke up having to pee really bad with it but I dont know if thats something or just random.

I have an issue where my throat squeezes so bad it chokes me when I lay down, no idea why it happens, but I wake up gagging probably every..7 to 10 days from it, and thats usually when this happens, but today I woke up seemingly with none of that just these symptoms.

ErinKC
04-07-20, 17:04
I think this happens when you want up from a very deep part of your sleep cycle. The choking sensation could be caused by reflux. I get bad reflux sometimes and if I fall asleep on my back occasionally the acid will rise up and I'll breath a bit in and I wake up coughing. It's startling and takes me a few minutes to fully wake up and catch my breath.

Trbfan
05-07-20, 06:40
I think this happens when you want up from a very deep part of your sleep cycle. The choking sensation could be caused by reflux. I get bad reflux sometimes and if I fall asleep on my back occasionally the acid will rise up and I'll breath a bit in and I wake up coughing. It's startling and takes me a few minutes to fully wake up and catch my breath.

That may be..its weird what happens when I wake up with the throat and breathing issues. I have no idea how long this goes on for in reality, but I feel like I partially wake up, and feel like I cant breathe a little bit, but I dont totally wake up I just reposition myself and fall back asleep and shortly after it happens again, until it finally gets bad and I fully wake myself up.