PDA

View Full Version : Mouth ulcer

pav1984
06-07-20, 17:34
Hi peeps, I could do with someone to give me some sanity.

I had a mouth ulcer 10 weeks ago caused by traumatic brushing. Really raised and painful for 2 to 3 weeks. Pain went but a scar remains but has got no worse. It is on the gum right in front of my front bottom teeth. I sent my dentist a photo just over a month ago and they said all ok and nothing to worry about.

I have had a call today to ask to see me about it. They said they just need to check it because they were only able to see photos at the time and nothing g to stress over. They were just following up now that they are back open.

I am now stressed.

I was doing so well as well. Do ulcers scar? Even though I dont google now, past habits mean that dr google is still haunting me.

AntsyVee
06-07-20, 18:00
Yes, ulcers scar. And the place where they scar are also susceptible to more ulcer because usually the scars rub your teeth and are easily pinched.

pav1984
06-07-20, 20:28
Thanks. I think the unexpected call from the dentist unsettled me.

pav1984
17-07-20, 21:59
Sorry to bother you all again. I went to the dentist about my ulcer and they want me to come back in 3 weeks. Whilst this should be reassuring because if they thought it was anything bad they would have referred me, I am unsettled because I have never known a mouth ulcer last over 10 weeks.

Out of interest, has anyone here had an ulcer last 2 to 3 months?

AntsyVee
18-07-20, 00:34
I had one that lasted several weeks, I was a teenager, so I don’t remember the exact length. But I have a scar from it.

pav1984
18-07-20, 23:23
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you.