PDA

View Full Version : Possible bat bite. Very scared of rabies

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 01:09
Hi,

I've been petrified of rabies ever since I saw in the news that there were some skunks testing positive in my area.

Im currently in a huge amount of anxiety over the following situation. I was outside on Saturday night watching the fireworks...I did notice some bugs and I figured I would probably get bitten up. When I came inside, I noticed a small red mark on my arm. I figured it was a mosquito bite and didn't think much of it. Later that evening I noticed a small amount of blood coming from this wound. Upon further examination, It did not look like a mesquito but but some kind of wound. I immediately thought that I may have been bitten by a bat and not realized. Its definitely possible that it was a pimple that I scratched off or a bug bite that was scratched.

I simply cannot not let go of the thought that it may have been a bat that bit me unnoticed. I should mention, that I did not see or hear a bat but I wasn't exactly looking out for them.

I'm having so much anxiety right now as to whether I should go to the ER and get the rabies vaccine.

Any advice or help you may have is appreciated.

AntsyVee
07-07-20, 01:22
Out of all of the years of people thinking that maybe they were bitten without realizing it over the years, none of them have ever been bitten. Unless you were drunk, stoned or high out of your mind, there is no way you could've been bitten without knowing it.

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 01:42
I appreciate the reply but I've read that bat bites can be so slight that they are not felt. Also, it's possible I felt some small bites and figured they were mesquitos.

Fishmanpa
07-07-20, 01:45
I appreciate the reply but I've read..... .

Dr. Google strikes again :doh:

Positive thoughts

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 01:58
Does anyone think i should try and get the vaccine just to be safe?

AntsyVee
07-07-20, 02:53
Nope. And dude, you don't want the vaccine. It has a lot of side effects, and requires multiple visits to the doc.

BlueIris
07-07-20, 05:33
I've had a bat brush against me, it's not something you could fail to notice, trust me. I'm not sure quite how out of it you'd have to be to not notice one biting you, but like Antsy, I'd guess that heavy amounts of substances would be involved.

Midnight-mouse
07-07-20, 08:04
You would have to be unconscious to not notice a bat near you. They are surprisingly solid! (And adorable) but I’ve held and been around bats. Had a few nearly clip me while they were swooping around eating the bugs in my garden. You definitely feel them go by that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 13:42
thanks for the responses. Due to my anxiety, I still can't shake the worry. Its just because I don't know where the wound came from. It did seem more like a surface wound then a deep wound and there was only one, not 2 marks. Also there wasn't any pain and it completely healed by the next day.....

BlueIris
07-07-20, 13:49
In other words, you're being ridiculous. It's safe to forget this one.

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 14:55
I hope so. Would there normally be 2 bite marks?

BlueIris
07-07-20, 15:00
I have no clue. Stop thinking about this and find something more useful to do.

Fishmanpa
07-07-20, 15:39
Any advice or help you may have is appreciated.

The best help and advice is reality. There have been dozens and dozens of "Ninja Bat" threads here. Aside from the fact bats are not Ninjas, your mind is creating an alternate reality where the skies are green and single fanged bats go around biting people unnoticed :whistles:

The best advice would be to seek real life professional help if you're unable to put this irrationality aside.

Positive thoughts

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 15:57
Thanks. Do you mean medical care for the bite or mental help? I just wish I could know for certain it wasn't a bat. I know I have a lot of anxiety especially about rabies but this one feels more real because I was outside and did have a wound.

Fishmanpa
07-07-20, 16:06
Thanks. Do you mean medical care for the bite or mental help?

You're posting this on a mental health forum. What is the answer? As far as certainty? You've had several replies 100% discounting the possibility and you're still hanging onto this. What else can be said? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 16:08
Thank you for the reply. Has anyone on here ever been bitten by one that can tell me what it felt like?

BlueIris
07-07-20, 16:18
Stop it. You're continuing to obsess over this and ignore the real cause of your problems, which is your mental ill-health.

KK77
07-07-20, 17:00
And dude, you don't want the vaccine. It has a lot of side effects, and requires multiple visits to the doc.

Too right and I'm glad you admitted as much, Agt Vee!

This is simply your mind in overdrive, and this circular argument in your head will not cease until you address the root cause: your HA.

Goingtobed
07-07-20, 17:11
Thank you. I'm starting to feel a bit better bit that might just be the clonopin. I still wonder where that wound came from if not from a bat.

AntsyVee
07-07-20, 18:27
Mosquito, spider, you bumping into something, you scratching dry skin, pet scratch... There are lots of more likely scenarios than a phantom bat.

AntsyVee
07-07-20, 18:33
Too right and I'm glad you admitted as much, Agt Vee!

That's Dearest Leader Vee ;)

KK77
07-07-20, 20:19
That's Dearest Leader Vee ;)

How long have you been suffering from these delusions of grandeur, "Dear Leader"?

AntsyVee
07-07-20, 20:26
Well, according to some of the conspiracy theorists on here, Jews have been trying to take over the world since the dawn of time ;)

KK77
07-07-20, 21:05
Well, according to some of the conspiracy theorists on here, Jews have been trying to take over the world since the dawn of time ;)

I see....and you believe these conspiracy theories, do you? :wacko:

AntsyVee
07-07-20, 21:30
I see....and you believe these conspiracy theories, do you? :wacko:

LOL no... but they have given me some good ideas ;) Hey, I'm better than Trump, right? ;)

Lolalee1
08-07-20, 09:40
Anyone is better than that Narcissistic egomaniac ******* :roflmao: