PDA

View Full Version : Fluvoxamine (Fevarin, Fluvosol, Luvox)

Kroko
02-02-05, 17:39
If you have used this drug, would you please tell me about your experiences with it?

I told my psychiatrist that I want to switch from Cipralex/Lexapro to something else because it's not working for me anymore (all these drugs seem to stop working on me after I've been on them long enough, can anyone tell me anything about this?!) and he decided to put me on fluvoxamine which I will start after a few days of half my regular dosage on Cipralex. The medication guide for fluvoxamine did not mention an effect against panic attacks, yet that is my main requirement from the drug; does anyone know if this is drug is any good for this purpose? I also have OCD symptoms, anxiety, and depersonalisation.

Thank you!

Meg
02-02-05, 17:44
Its another of the SSRI family and is licenced in the UK for OCD and depression . These often have a benficial effect on panic too.

How is the diet going ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Kroko
02-02-05, 18:06
I'm pretty much used to the gluten-free diet now, but I have not benefited from it so far. I'm going to another blood test in April to see if it's helping at least biochemically. Thanks for asking!

Kroko
04-02-05, 18:48
Still looking for answers. :)

Kroko
05-02-05, 13:20
Ugh...I'm three days into the half dose of Cipralex (5 mg), and I'm feeling really bad. Panicky, anxious, and I'm aching everywhere! I feel like going against my doctor's advice of staying on the half dose for 6 days before switching. I know you should always do what your doctor says when it comes to medical things, but I feel sooooo bad...besides, he said that 90% of people don't get complications from switching cold turkey, and I'm already three days into it.

Kroko
05-02-05, 15:37
http://www.breggin.com/luvox.html

!!!

[V][:O][:O][Ugh][xx(][xx(][:O][:O]

Kroko
07-02-05, 12:26
I'm two days into the half dose of fluvoxamine, and I'm feeling really upset! I mean I seem to get mad at everything. My schizophrenic grandmother is here because my grandfather died a few months ago and she depended on him so now she comes here all the time and we have to look after her, and I hear her stupid whiny voice and feel like punching her in the face!! Also, she can't hear ANYTHING and I'm tired of shouting into her ear, I feel like shouting UNTIL SHE BREAKS HER EARDRUM OR SOMETHING!

I wouldn't actually do that, though...but I feel like it. I get mad at everything right now.

Meg
07-02-05, 14:59
Hi Kroko,

I hope these side effects pass soon and you start to feel better.

We don't use those drugs much in the Uk so I'm afraid you haven't got much response but we are still thinking of you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
07-02-05, 15:37
Kroko

Poor you - I bet it is hard work feeling poorly and then having a grandmother who can't hear properly.

I am sure she is not doing it deliberately and she must be still upset over losing her husband so try not to take it out on her.

I hope the side effects calm down soon.

Nicola

Kroko
07-02-05, 16:26
Thank you for replying.

My grandmother went back to her place now (as she always does for the night, my uncle who lives with her brings her here in the morning, goes to work and picks her up in the afternoon) and I didn't punch her nose in or anything. I know it's really unfair of me to get mad at her like that, I'm just really agitated right now and I suppose it's a side-effect of the new drug. But I don't blame it all on the drug, maybe it just brings forth my dark side of the Force... (I just recently bought the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD.)