PDA

View Full Version : Scalp, flaky skin

bluebella
10-07-20, 05:48
Hi all.

So lm struggling... lve had some scalp issues. Flaky scalp and lm now obsessively picking at it. I’ve always picked a little when stressed (sorry l appreciate it’s not very nice)

Anyway lm really worried about any damage l may be doing internally. Also lm worried l may have some vitamin deficiency. I’m on the downward spiral of health anxiety. 😕 please share your wisdom

Cptdebbie
10-07-20, 17:14
Hi Bluebella,
I've noticed that different shampoos cause problems for me. And, it isn't always right at first. Sometimes they start bothering me after I've used them for a while. I also have an itchy head in the summer. I think its because I'm not well hydrated.

I sometimes get the picking problem too. I had a spot on my head that I kept picking at when my husband was dying. it was right in the middle of my forehead and totally obvious. I put a bandaid on it and everything, but kept finding my self picking at it. Somehow I finally stopped without incident.

My mother got some obsessive behaviors when she was sick. She picked at her head so much she started losing patches of hair. Her doctor gave me some medicine to put on the spots so they wouldn't get infected, but she just made a big mess of the medicine and wiped it off. So, I stopped using it. She never got any sort of an infection or anything.

I really think you are doing a very typical stress thing and will be just fine. Taking a multivitamin might be worth a try. :bighug1: