PDA

View Full Version : Pls help! Ovarian cancer fear

Lady123
13-07-20, 22:15
So I’ve had pelvic pain and bloating on and off for some time now. I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds last year would this have picked up anything unusual? Or could it be missed? The lady doing the scan said my bowels were very active but I worry that something could be missed?

cattia
13-07-20, 22:45
I'm going through the same thing. I have a telephone appointment with my Dr tomorrow. I had a pelvic ultrasound but it was about three years ago. I think they definitely would have picked up if anything was amiss.

nomorepanic
14-07-20, 12:50
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Lady123
14-07-20, 12:55
Sorry you’re going through the same thing cattia and thank you for the reassurance. My mind seems to want to grasp onto a worry. How did your docs appt go?

Scass
14-07-20, 12:56
Yes it would have picked something up I’m sure.
I had a cyst picked up on mine 18 months ago. I’m also suffering from pelvic pain & bloating again so I’ve spoken to my gp and am waiting for an appointment for another tv ultrasound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie11
15-07-20, 09:28
If you’ve been having these symptoms for a while particularly during the time you had your last scans last year, I’d say it would be very unlikely there was anything there that they missed. Easy for me to say, but it sounds reassuring. If they said you had quite active bowels, perhaps it is just IBS.