PDA

View Full Version : Worried everything is going to give me cancer..

BigOldDrive
15-07-20, 11:01
From the juice i drink, to the mobile phone i use for calls. How do i stop thinking like this? I am in constant state of worry :(

Is there any books which are really helpful for HA?

ankietyjoe
15-07-20, 12:01
Why do you think juice or mobile phones will give you cancer?

BigOldDrive
15-07-20, 12:11
For example in the juice i wonder if there is an additive / chemical in there which could cause cancer which the science has not found out about yet.

Or with the mobile phone non ionising radiation is more dangerous than realised

Fishmanpa
15-07-20, 12:14
Is there any books which are really helpful for HA?

BOOKS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/books)

Positive thoughts

Pamplemousse
15-07-20, 13:52
For example in the juice i wonder if there is an additive / chemical in there which could cause cancer which the science has not found out about yet.

Or with the mobile phone non ionising radiation is more dangerous than realised

With my professional hat on, we've been surrounded by electromagnetic waves for decades now, and mobile phones have been a 'thing' for over thirty-five years. Analogue ones were more powerful than the digital ones we have now.

How many people have died from brain cancers directly as a result of extended phone usage?

The science around ionising and non-ionising radiation is well understood and has been for a very, very long time. By far the biggest load of BS circulating at the moment surrounds fifth-generation mobile phones. It's the usual nonsense of the ignorant trying to explain away things they don't understand with fear: millennia ago we thought Bad Things Happened because we'd displeased some mythical 'gods'.

Of course, with the fear generated over 'security' by Donny Dumbass, 5G phones are unlikely to get established in the UK for a long time now that Huawei have been told to sling their hook.

If you're that worried about mobile phone usage, we have this perfectly good telecoms network called "a landline", and you can still buy a corded telephone.

ankietyjoe
15-07-20, 14:02
Without delving into the blackhole of reassurance for every possible concern, the question still stands. Why are you worried about additives, why are you worried about potential radiation from your phone? Where does this concern stem from?