PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator

Bill
23-10-07, 23:32
Picture in ancient times an ordinary man about to enter an arena to fight a gladiator. The man cannot run because he's heavily guarded so he feels trapped with no escape from the fear he's feeling. He trembles in his boots, his pulse races, his heart thumps with palpitations, his mouth is dry and he feel he can't breathe.

A doctor approaches him saying he can take his fear away by giving him a magic cure. The man takes it out of desperation to stop how he's feeling and although it eases his nerves, he still has the gladiator to confront.

The longer he stands delaying what must be, the more the effects of the pill wear off and the more ill he feels. He faints with the panic as his legs give way but when he comes round, the gladiator is still there waiting for him.

He has no choice but to confront and as he walks closer, the gladiator is but a mirage in the sand. Eventually the mirage disappears because the man has realised his mind created him and there was actually nothing to fear but the fear he'd created himself. His panic goes, never to return.

In the modern world we experience fear of illness, phobias and panics themselves and we too feel trapped so experience panic but when the actual fear is identified and confronted, Then can anxiety be controlled effectively!:winks: Hope you enjoyed the story because in real life it's quite true based in a modern environment.

fretty freda
24-10-07, 08:03
bill i know this is very true and i love the story but i need to get it in my head

thanks hope your mouths ok after having tooth out

jill
24-10-07, 18:40
Great story Bill, :yesyes: and sooo true :yesyes:

Thank your for sharing

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Bill
25-10-07, 01:54
Thank you Gill,

Today's the first day my jaw hasn't ached! Still getting used to the gap though.

I realise it's difficult to sort. I understand.:hugs: Often we think we're ill because of what we feel but those bad feelings distract us from the real causes. I know making a story out of it makes it sound a bit silly but I just wanted to try a different angle to try to explain what I feel happens because sometimes I feel I struggle to get things across.:hugs:

Thank you also Jill for your vote of confidence. I appreciate it. :hugs:

fretty freda
26-10-07, 10:47
YOUR STORY WAS NOT SILLY I REALLY ENJOYED IT AND ITS SO TRUE BILL:yesyes:

Dying_Swan
26-10-07, 11:11
Oooooh I like it!

Excellent stuff - and very true :yesyes:

Bill
01-11-07, 23:34
Sorry I'm late but thank you :hugs: maybe it was worth a different angle after all.

I really believe that all the worst symptoms of anxiety can be greatly lessened so that people can cope easily with any remaining anxiety. After how I once was, I am totally convinced that absolutely anyone can be taught how to cope and to lead a better life. There is strength within all of us and it's what keeps us going so we need to channel that strength into building our confidence.:winks: