PDA

View Full Version : My mom and I used recalled hand sanitizer and I'm worried.

Faeriefolly
16-07-20, 07:25
Hey everyone. I'm kind of panicing. You know how more and more hand sanitizers are being recalled for methanol? Turns out the huge bottle of hand sanitizer me and my mom used about two months ago was one of those brands. Since then we have stopped using hand sanitizers in favor of more soap and water hand washing.

I'm scared because I dont really know the nature of methanol poisoning. We are both fine and don't feel sick, but becase we both absorbed so much of this stuff with our hands does that mean it is still in our bodies? Will it harm us eventually? I've tried to do research but I keep having panic attacks and coming up with no definite answer. I'm wondering if we could be poisoned and not know it? Or is it a "you would definitely know after two days" sort of thing? I'm just really worried and not really sure of what to do. If anyone could give me some insight I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Scass
16-07-20, 07:35
I just read about this and it says to speak to your doctor if you’ve been exposed? Why don’t you try that and see what advice you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk