PDA

View Full Version : Pancreatic Issues

Jamie123
17-07-20, 13:06
I have been off the forum for a while as although it did help me immensely I was feeling better and only occasionally had concerns but over the lock down period it has been really tough and I have started to get some concerns again. This week I have been really worried about pancreas, stomach and gallbladder issues. Since yesterday I have been really worried that I have jaundice. My eyes seem to have some yellowing on the edges when I look straight forward but mainly look quite white and my skin seems quite yellow to me but I am not sure whether this could be quite flushed due to anxiety or that this could have always been like this (I do not take many photos so difficult to compare). Additionally for quite a while now I have sometimes had half of my stools being green which has further made me concerned as this could indicate that there is an issue near or on my gallbladder which appears to be near the pancreas. Recently I also had some chills and a headache as well as nausea which again my mind immediately linked to this but this only lasted about a day. I believe the green colouring may be linked to anxiety as maybe this could cause everything to move through my intestines too quickly which is apparently the likely cause for this kind of discoloration but I am unsure. I do also have some discomfort on the left side between to just under the ribs but this does not seem to correlate. Anyone experience anything similar? I am really concerned and have been terrified thinking of cancer although I know it is unlikely at 23. I did recently go to the doctors for a lump in my neck but after some blood tests and a ultrasound they said there is nothing to be worried about so I was trying to reassure myself that the blood test would have picked up anything (I cannot remember the exact blood tests that were done but I know something to do with the thyroid was definitely done as well as something else).

I am also finally arranging a long overdue appointment this week to discuss anxiety so hopefully this can help me in the future.

Anxiouscow
21-07-20, 22:32
Pancreatic cancer at 23? Extremely extremely rare. I have green stools all the time and I don't have anything wrong with me. Sometimes it is down to what you eat, and sometimes it could be, as you say, food passing too quickly through due to anxiety.

The problem with googling and looking online at symptoms is that WebMD, NHS etc will never say it is IMPOSSIBLE for a young person to have a cancer of the gallbladder or pancreas, but it is also not IMPOSSIBLE for me to die from a bolt of lightning next week. Is it going to happen? I'll let you answer that one.

Go to your GP, discuss your concerns. But definitely get your anxiety in check while you are young.

Jamie123
22-08-20, 16:59
Thanks a lot this helped me to calm down!