PDA

View Full Version : Heart Palpitations - Ectopic Worries

RobG
17-07-20, 19:24
I've noticed that my ectopics have been growing in frequency - i use to get 1 or 2 noticeable ectopics per week but now it seems to be daily.
I am getting concerned that these could signify something more sinister such as heart disease?

When i get them i don't feel tired or dizzy or like i'm gonna faint. Never blacked out as well.

I do seem to get them whilst exercising, sometimes i'll get 3 during a 20 minute run. Sometimes though i will go for a run and i won't get them so the consistency is not there.
I don't have any issue running though and i run most days just to keep my heart healthy.

What i did notice though was that getting into a pool and going for a swim, i seemed to get an ectopic and tight chest whilst doing breast stroke which i found quite concerning.
That was most times i got into a pool.

I've had 3 ECGs and 2 Blood Tests and they said everything was fine, i've asked for a 24 hour heart monitor but i'm on a 3 month waiting list.

What I've also noticed is that sometimes when i stand up, my heart suddenly beats really fast, almost like to compensate. But then other times when i stand, my heart doesnt respond as strongly.

Could these be a sign that my heart is abnormal in some way or is it just anxiety?

Anxiouscow
20-07-20, 01:39
ECGs are pretty accurate. Especially if you've had three of them! Very likely to be anxiety.

How old are you?