PDA

View Full Version : Small hard lumps on shin - PLEASE ANSWER

danaaxox
18-07-20, 03:28
Hi! About a month ago I found a small, medium pea sized lump on the front of my left shin, off to left. I went to the doctor, he felt it and said it just a cyst. My anxiety subsided for a bit. However, around a week ago I found another lump almost directly under it that seems a bit more deeper under the skin and it’s about the same size. The first lump seems to have gotten a bit smaller/less noticeable in the sense that it now seems like a very small pea and is less prominent, bump wise. Both of them have not grown bigger in size. They are painless and the first pea sized one seems ever so slightly moveable, but less so now that I think it’s gotten smaller? The other one doesn’t seem to move at all. I’m absolutely terrified. I keep thinking it’s soft tissue sarcoma. When I went back to the doctor I tried to hold back tears but just couldn’t and he still said it’s nothing to worry about. I just know how under-diagnoses they are and I’ve been so stressed out about this that I feel like a can throw up. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is making me feel better about this. Anyone have something similar that turned out to be nothing? I could really use any words of encouragement right about now. Thank you in advance.

Scass
18-07-20, 07:34
Hello,
Sorry you’re in such a state about it but why don’t you believe your doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danaaxox
19-07-20, 01:00
Hi! Thank you for responding. I’ve always found it very difficult to believe doctors and I unfortunately have no idea why. For this situation I particular, it’s mainly due to the fact how under and misdiagnosed soft tissue cancers are. That’s really eating me up inside. Both the lumps are painless and apparently that’s actually supposed to be concerning.

Scass
20-07-20, 09:45
Only if you’re diagnosing yourself?
The nature of some anxiety is that you don’t believe your doctor because you can’t believe there’s not something awful wrong with you.
What do you really want your doctor to do? Why don’t you try asking them and see what they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk