PDA

View Full Version : Odds of this being cancerous?

Brunamateus
20-07-20, 00:13
Hey guys, just need some reassurance, what are the odds of an left side mid abdominal pain (discomfort) being there for 2 years with no other symptoms and being something like a cancer? I'm 23 yo healthy with no family history. I'm going to have an ultrasound and blood work done, the doctor said it's a good sign it has been here for 2 years now, cause it means it isn't nothing serious. But I do see some news articles where people had pain for years and turned out it was something very serious. The pain does flare up sometimes and other days it's not there, I got to the gym everyday and while I workout I feel literally no pain whatsoever, guess that's a good sign?

NancyW
20-07-20, 03:24
I went through this years ago scared the wits out of me, turned out to be a spasm in my colon, dr said I needed more fiber. I thought she was crazy.

She was right

O_O
20-07-20, 08:40
Less than 1%, I'd say.

MightyPC
20-07-20, 09:19
What triggers a flare up? Do they come with other symptoms? Spasms or diverticulitis could be the culprit.

Brunamateus
20-07-20, 14:05
I went through this years ago scared the wits out of me, turned out to be a spasm in my colon, dr said I needed more fiber. I thought she was crazy.

She was right

Oh I hope it's something as simple as this, but can spasms be there for 2 years? I remember reading something about it and they say it usually stops after 1 to 3 days, I'm really scared atm

Brunamateus
20-07-20, 14:09
What triggers a flare up? Do they come with other symptoms? Spasms or diverticulitis could be the culprit.

Usually doing abdominal exercises while working out, or eating to much seasoned food or fat food, or sometimes just out of nowhere. They do not come with other symptoms except that sometimes I notice I do have more gas when it starts hurting. I'm really scared of diverticulitis as well, but I thought it would be impossible since I had it for 2 years now? Maybe not? I try really hard not to Google

Brunamateus
20-07-20, 14:10
Less than 1%, I'd say.

Thank you for your reply, that did ease me a bit

NancyW
21-07-20, 03:31
Oh I hope it's something as simple as this, but can spasms be there for 2 years? I remember reading something about it and they say it usually stops after 1 to 3 days, I'm really scared atm

Yep, I am not one for running to the dr, I waited and imagined for a long, long time before I went in.

My dr said the colon likes to spasm in the 4 corners, under your ribs and by hipbones. Mine was only on 1 side but it was the whole area that hurt. Pretty amazing that she was right. I still feel it from time to time but I know what it is so I don't focus on it at all.