PDA

View Full Version : I think I electrocuted myself!

DarkMagician
20-07-20, 09:47
I did something real dumb just now. I'm about to lie down to sleep and accidentally unplugged my phone charger somehow. Groggily fumbled around in the dark trying to plug it back in and suddenly there was a flash of light and my entire right hand and arm felt sore. I realized that in my sleepy state I was trying to shove the wrong end of the charger into the USB port thing and this caused some sort of spark. Its been about ten minutes now and the palm of my right hand is tingling like crazy and my arm still feels kinda sore and stiff. I looked into it and apparently even doctors recommend you go to the ER if you get shocked by an electrical socket because its powerful enough to mess up the rhythm of your heart. I am so tired and ready to pass out and I do not feel like going to the hospital at nearly 2am in the midst of a global pandemic. But I'm so scared I'll die in my sleep if I let myself go to bed.. I'm worried my heart will stop or something. Does anyone know about electrical stuff here? My arm is still hurting and I'm so freaked out. The weirdest part is I didn't really feel an electric shock or a zap or anything, I just saw the huge spark and my arm went stiff and my muscles feel like they're burning, almost.

Lolalee1
20-07-20, 11:19
I think you are worrying that is why the muscles in your arm and the burning feeling is there,try and relax your body.
I have had a jolt from a power socket it was scary but I was ok physically but my head at the time wasn’t sure wether Something would happen but nothing did.:yesyes:you can go to sleep now xx

Pamplemousse
20-07-20, 12:04
I did something real dumb just now. I'm about to lie down to sleep and accidentally unplugged my phone charger somehow. Groggily fumbled around in the dark trying to plug it back in and suddenly there was a flash of light and my entire right hand and arm felt sore. I realized that in my sleepy state I was trying to shove the wrong end of the charger into the USB port thing and this caused some sort of spark. Its been about ten minutes now and the palm of my right hand is tingling like crazy and my arm still feels kinda sore and stiff. I looked into it and apparently even doctors recommend you go to the ER if you get shocked by an electrical socket because its powerful enough to mess up the rhythm of your heart. I am so tired and ready to pass out and I do not feel like going to the hospital at nearly 2am in the midst of a global pandemic. But I'm so scared I'll die in my sleep if I let myself go to bed.. I'm worried my heart will stop or something. Does anyone know about electrical stuff here? My arm is still hurting and I'm so freaked out. The weirdest part is I didn't really feel an electric shock or a zap or anything, I just saw the huge spark and my arm went stiff and my muscles feel like they're burning, almost.

You only have children's electricity in the US - try the 240V in the UK :roflmao:

I'm amazed you still have unshuttered outlets that allow you to do this in the US - that simply couldn't happen here in the UK.

You're still here, it's unpleasant but you'll be fine. I'm afraid I've had quite a few shocks in my time, either from the 240V AC mains directly or from my hobby interest (up to 350V DC).

By the way, sticking my pedantic hat on: if you'd been electrocuted, you'd be dead - it's a portmanteau word derived from electro- and executed.

AntsyVee
20-07-20, 21:41
So what ended up happening?

Fishmanpa
21-07-20, 00:08
So what ended up happening?

He ended up discovering a secret super power, able to shoot lightning bolts out of his hands, crafted a super hero suit and will appear in the next Avengers movie :winks:

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
21-07-20, 03:02
He ended up discovering a secret super power, able to shoot lightning bolts out of his hands, crafted a super hero suit and will appear in the next Avengers movie :winks:

Positive thoughts

Now, FMP, we know that's why YOU keep sticking your scissors into outlets...but this guy is "dark magician". I think he was hoping for some more David Copperfield-ish ;)

Lolalee1
21-07-20, 10:59
I was thinking more of The Great Lafayette :roflmao:

pav1984
21-07-20, 20:15
Sounds shocking. I'll get my coat.

I would have thought you wouldn't have been typing on here if you weren't alright. The shock would have tensed your arm hense the pain is my thought