PDA

View Full Version : Cut off my dreadlocks

WiredIncorrectly
20-07-20, 13:39
They were internally a subconscious anxiety provoker. My hair was still a mess while it was locking. Had about 45 dread locks but a lot of my hair was still loose. I felt they made me look like I was in my 40's. Now I look like I'm in my 20s ... this is a new positive J.

Scass
20-07-20, 15:40
Nothing wrong with looking like you’re in your 40’s!
It looks great though [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRS STRESS ED
20-07-20, 15:48
l have a friend she had dreadlocks for years she had social anxiety she hid behind her hair she eventually took them out and doesn't hide herself as much as she did , anyway looks lovely well done its a brave thing to do

best wishes xx

pulisa
20-07-20, 18:00
A new look works wonders and you look happy and healthy! Out with the old (including that tooth!) and in with the new (approach).

WiredIncorrectly
20-07-20, 19:33
Nothing wrong with looking like you’re in your 40’s!
It looks great though [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except I'm not that age. Yet. ha ha. Almost.

WiredIncorrectly
20-07-20, 19:34
l have a friend she had dreadlocks for years she had social anxiety she hid behind her hair she eventually took them out and doesn't hide herself as much as she did , anyway looks lovely well done its a brave thing to do

best wishes xx

Thanks for sharing Mrs. Stress Head. This is what I think I was subconsciously doing. Was hard to cut the first, after that it all came off.

AntsyVee
20-07-20, 19:35
Wow! You do look a lot younger now. You went from 90s rocker to current rugby player! :roflmao:

WiredIncorrectly
20-07-20, 19:40
A new look works wonders and you look happy and healthy! Out with the old (including that tooth!) and in with the new (approach).

That's it Pulisa. My mom and brother came to visit yesterday and I felt so alive that I was with my mother. I haven't seen her in person for a while. I think I needed that contact with her.

There's a lesson learned that I've never learned in my life. It's something I say a lot, but didn't truly understand it ...

Look after yourself first.

I don't mean to push everyone aside. Hell no. I mean make yourself happy. Get your nails done, pamper yourself, go out with friends. That's not directly aimed at you he he. But, this is what my partner has been doing the weekend and she seems so much more alive and happier.

I thought I'd try the same, and holy ****, it worked. I was laying in the bath after I cut my locks and the light bulb moment hit me "You can't make others happy unless you're happy yourself".

WiredIncorrectly
20-07-20, 19:40
Wow! You do look a lot younger now. You went from 90s rocker to current rugby player! :roflmao:

Ha ha thanks Antsy.

pulisa
20-07-20, 19:57
That's it Pulisa. My mom and brother came to visit yesterday and I felt so alive that I was with my mother. I haven't seen her in person for a while. I think I needed that contact with her.

There's a lesson learned that I've never learned in my life. It's something I say a lot, but didn't truly understand it ...

Look after yourself first.

I don't mean to push everyone aside. Hell no. I mean make yourself happy. Get your nails done, pamper yourself, go out with friends. That's not directly aimed at you he he. But, this is what my partner has been doing the weekend and she seems so much more alive and happier.

I thought I'd try the same, and holy ****, it worked. I was laying in the bath after I cut my locks and the light bulb moment hit me "You can't make others happy unless you're happy yourself".

Glad you and your Mum are on much better terms now..

I'd need an "estimate" if I followed your advice though on the "pampering"! It's ok for you young people!:D

What is "happiness" though? Why not start a thread on it? How do we all interpret happiness?

WiredIncorrectly
20-07-20, 20:41
Glad you and your Mum are on much better terms now..

I'd need an "estimate" if I followed your advice though on the "pampering"! It's ok for you young people!:D

What is "happiness" though? Why not start a thread on it? How do we all interpret happiness?

Nobody is too old for a spa day and a nice day out somewhere :shades:

I can't answer that question. But I have made a thread on it because I'd be super interested to know how others perceive that.