PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling, just need to speak to people that understand

Shambles93
20-07-20, 16:22
I'm new here but hoping to recieve and give a little support.

I've been struggling with HA since the beginning of this year. Not formally diagnosed but the amount of stuff that goes through my mind there is no doubt. I recently ended up in a+e for chest pains and struggling to get a deep breath. All my bloods came back fine apart from d-dimer. The doctor thought I had clots on my lungs and sent me for a CT scan, thankfully it was clear. I was kept overnight and had ECG, 24hr heart monitor, they checked my troponin and was given the all clear. On the scan for the lungs they found a lesion on my liver so thats a worry and today I had an MRI so they can figure out what it is.

I am really struggling with the chest pains, my heartrate takes forever to go down and it gets really high even if I go downstairs. Today I took my son for a walk for the first time in a while and I started getting pain in my shoulder blade when breathing in and so now I'm convinced I have a clot that they've missed as I still don't knkw why d-dimer is high or that I'm going to have a heart attack. These are just todays issues.. yeterday I was convinced i was having aortic anyeresum (cant spell it). Im constantly on edge and I'm struggling so bad :(

Lady Penelope
20-07-20, 20:53
Hello
i am sorry you are struggling so badly. I also have health anxiety relating to my heart. Like you u have had all the tests and they tell me my heart is fine. I don’t really know what to say to help you but I know what helped me when my health anxiety was very bad a few years ago - I saw my GP and was put on an anti depressant And diazepam. I then had 12 week course of CBT with NHS which helped enormously. Maybe try and get an appointment with your GP? When you are feeling anxious that will make your heart rate high. Good luck an I hope you find some help